watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I don't want to be a miserable old git but

Started by mullers, July 10, 2016, 07:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mullers

given a chance to make arrangements I'd have loved to go to Spain/Portugal and support the team in the friendlies. I loved mixing with fulham fans in Europe and I remember the stories of the Irish tours many years ago.

With a bit of thought the club could make this attractive to fans, and isn't that how you increase the fanbase? It may be a small point, but it doesn't bring me closer to the club. Since we moved midweek games are not possible unless we stay over and work makes Saturday kickoffs difficult.

I couldn't let go of my season ticket despite the difficulties, and the club could do some good by organising these things earlier to give people a chance to go. the top clubs sell thousands of shirts when they tour, surely Fulham could at least try and build some good will with their fansl.

CorkCity

Don't worry Fulham have lost the close relationship with the local fans. Its the way its done now, tickets were not available for any match in Ireland from the club
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: mullers on July 10, 2016, 07:48:19 PM
given a chance to make arrangements I'd have loved to go to Spain/Portugal and support the team in the friendlies. I loved mixing with fulham fans in Europe and I remember the stories of the Irish tours many years ago.

With a bit of thought the club could make this attractive to fans, and isn't that how you increase the fanbase? It may be a small point, but it doesn't bring me closer to the club. Since we moved midweek games are not possible unless we stay over and work makes Saturday kickoffs difficult.

I couldn't let go of my season ticket despite the difficulties, and the club could do some good by organising these things earlier to give people a chance to go. the top clubs sell thousands of shirts when they tour, surely Fulham could at least try and build some good will with their fansl.

Why not write to the club and suggest a plan?

CorkCity

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 10, 2016, 09:09:10 PM
Quote from: mullers on July 10, 2016, 07:48:19 PM

Why not write to the club and suggest a plan?

Yeah, that's a new thing. Only been going on for as long as I can remember that the club would actually care about the fans
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

westcliff white

Quote from: CorkCity on July 10, 2016, 08:57:51 PM
Don't worry Fulham have lost the close relationship with the local fans. Its the way its done now, tickets were not available for any match in Ireland from the club
That's because one or two are behind closed doors, and the one against Cork is their game, not down to FFC to distribute and sell the majority. They did give out details how to get them. I think they gave also done this for the games in Portugal as in given details on how to get tickets
Every day is a Fulham day

MJG

Quote from: westcliff white on July 10, 2016, 10:15:36 PM
That's because one or two are behind closed doors, and the one against Cork is their game, not down to FFC to distribute and sell the majority. They did give out details how to get them. I think they gave also done this for the games in Portugal as in given details on how to get tickets
I have to say too many fans want their hand held with some of these things. Tickets were available via Cork, so I really don't see what there was to moan about.

mullers

The point I was making is the time given to organise a trip around the fixtures, not asking for the club to do it.

Because of sponsorship and the money involved a lot of Premier league clubs announce their pre-season tours before the season ends. All I'd like to see is the club give a couple of months or so notice so that it's possible to organise travel and accommodation at an affordable price.

I tried to get to Cork but work commitments meant suitable flights would require staying over two nights and making it too expensive. With more notice I'm sure cheaper options would have been available.

toshes mate

Quote from: MJG on July 10, 2016, 10:18:05 PM
I have to say too many fans want their hand held with some of these things. Tickets were available via Cork, so I really don't see what there was to moan about.

Nothing like a comment that inadvertently backs up the original poster's point.  Fulham are a professional football club selling their entertainment to their fans, a fan base that dictates their level of success in many more ways than one.   Involving the average fans in many, many different ways is the way to start a renaissance via increased interest, revenue, and sheer passion for success.  MAF knew that from day one.

Northern Cottager

Unfortunately, when it comes to building a following you do hold your followers hands and you tell them how easy it is to follow your club/personality. The club does seem to be very shy on giving out details in advance and rarely encourages away following. It's bizarre because we saw with the Premier League relegation season that good incentives and a genuine interest in building up away support works especially up North we see so few people making the trip (understandably) and it is mainly because the football is dross but also because noone tells them why to go, the benefits and makes the effort to entice them.

westcliff white

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 11, 2016, 09:35:04 AM

Unfortunately, when it comes to building a following you do hold your followers hands and you tell them how easy it is to follow your club/personality. The club does seem to be very shy on giving out details in advance and rarely encourages away following. It's bizarre because we saw with the Premier League relegation season that good incentives and a genuine interest in building up away support works especially up North we see so few people making the trip (understandably) and it is mainly because the football is dross but also because noone tells them why to go, the benefits and makes the effort to entice them.
My Local club Southend opareate very similar to me beloved whites and I would have thought even mor eimportant for them to get that following. I cannot htink of many clubs (outside the big 6 or 7) that announce pre season tours before the season ends. We announced ours when June? the season only ended in May.

I can't get worked up over it or feel overly passionate about it either, it is what it is and for me its not one of those important things , simialr to the kit release for me.
Every day is a Fulham day

Funky Fulham Dave

Your "I have to say" remark is straight out of the Ray Wilkins book of 1001 sound bites.

Instead of decrying Fulham fans legitimate "moans" you should perhaps try to understand their genuine concerns and not act as the unelected FFC defacto FOF representative.

In fact let's hear a bit more from Cork City and others Fulham fans.

Riversider

Quote from: Funky Fulham Dave on July 11, 2016, 12:24:45 PM

Your "I have to say" remark is straight out of the Ray Wilkins book of 1001 sound bites.

Instead of decrying Fulham fans legitimate "moans" you should perhaps try to understand their genuine concerns and not act as the unelected FFC defacto FOF representative.

In fact let's hear a bit more from Cork City and others Fulham fans.

And the saddest thing of all is that Mike is a member of The Fulham Supporters Trust, whose job is to meet with the club and put forward suggestions from supporters !
Sorry Mullers but I don't think that idea of yours is going to be going any further,
My biggest gripe with the FST has always been that quite often they forget which side of the table they are sat, sorry Mike perhaps you should have taken a second longer before replying as the original post didn't deserve that.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Rather than saying "Why don't the club do . . . " this or that just on here why don't those with these complaints or positive ideas write to the club?

Also MJG asks this board, not just FST members, for questions to be put to the club at FST meetings so it is unfair to complain about ideas not being put forward if you haven't responded.

Funky Fulham Dave

Quote from: Statto on July 11, 2016, 05:10:29 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 11, 2016, 01:04:36 PM
Rather than saying "Why don't the club do . . . " this or that just on here why don't those with these complaints or positive ideas write to the club?

Also MJG asks this board, not just FST members, for questions to be put to the club at FST meetings so it is unfair to complain about ideas not being put forward if you haven't responded.

Plus 1,
Some real div comments on this thread with all due respect

:drums:

"Div comments....with due respect", surely an oxymoron.

The only "div comment" as you so quaintly put it is your own ill-informed, lazy shorthand blather.

mullers

I appreciate all the responses to this.

My stand point is simple: I genuinely believe this is a special club for many reasons, but mainly because of the supporters. I think now is a unique position for FFC after many years of success [A EUROPEAN FINAL FOR GOD'S SAKE!]; there's been a down turn but we are still Fulham Football Club.

When the club genuinely had no money and a dodgy future it was the fans pre MAF that were instrumental in keeping things going. More recently there have been some brilliant kits designed by posters on this board, the club could look and learn. When it was decided to endorse the FFC badge on the shirts why couldn't fans have been involved in the design of that?

There was a phrase used by TOOFIF, describing their position to the club as 'critical friends'. I think that sums up supporters of all clubs brilliantly. I believe that our club's heart is still in the right place but being away from London makes me question their attitude as to how the club should develop and the role of supporters in that.

Forgive me, I've had a few. But this is OUR club. Best wishes.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: mullers on July 11, 2016, 07:26:04 PM
I appreciate all the responses to this.

My stand point is simple: I genuinely believe this is a special club for many reasons, but mainly because of the supporters. I think now is a unique position for FFC after many years of success [A EUROPEAN FINAL FOR GOD'S SAKE!]; there's been a down turn but we are still Fulham Football Club.

When the club genuinely had no money and a dodgy future it was the fans pre MAF that were instrumental in keeping things going. More recently there have been some brilliant kits designed by posters on this board, the club could look and learn. When it was decided to endorse the FFC badge on the shirts why couldn't fans have been involved in the design of that?

There was a phrase used by TOOFIF, describing their position to the club as 'critical friends'. I think that sums up supporters of all clubs brilliantly. I believe that our club's heart is still in the right place but being away from London makes me question their attitude as to how the club should develop and the role of supporters in that.

Forgive me, I've had a few. But this is OUR club. Best wishes.

I understand where you are coming from and your general premise.

I maybe differ when it comes to what can or should be done and by whom but I have thought for a long while the club don't think outside the box enough when it comes to building support and enthusing the already converted.

There's always a case of someones 'great idea' which for all its worth doesn't actually achieve much but I would certainly like to see the club find new meaningful ways to embrace the fans.

Funky Fulham Dave

The one thing that FFC should have done is to have reallocated space for a Fulham Supporters Club venue.

So try proposing that at the next meeting of whatever constitutes the fans/club get-together. It'll get laughed out of sight.

049:gif