more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Betis v Fulham

Started by ffcjazzle, July 23, 2016, 07:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

Quote from: f5shooter on July 23, 2016, 08:59:04 PM
Pitch invasion for a friendly?  Is that common?

Well, they've just beaten the mighty Fulham. Open top bus through streets of Saville.

YoungsBitter

Quote from: fulhamben on July 23, 2016, 09:00:49 PM
Pretty evenly matched, with just two individual errors costing us. Thought we looked a little light up top
I only watched the second half but thought we looked ok against a strong talented team, lots of changes etc. Malone did look like a straight swap for Jazz in terms of giving away daft penalties....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quark, strangeness and charm

Ron91

Really not impressed with Malone especially knowing Sess looks a talent i think Malone shouldn't be more than a back up player. Overall thought we defended really well would only like to see a couple quality players (Striker + Winger)

f5shooter

Quote from: fulhamben on July 23, 2016, 09:00:49 PM
Pretty evenly matched, with just two individual errors costing us. Thought we looked a little light up top

To be fair, the penalty was pretty harsh.  Refs really need to do a better job when the attacker jumps into the defender and flops down.  He didn't call it the first time (rightly) not sure why he did the 2nd.

hovewhite

Quote from: fulhamben on July 23, 2016, 09:01:43 PM
Quote from: Baszab on July 23, 2016, 09:00:35 PM
What I don't understand is ... Whatever exciting new squad we assemble - as soon as they put on a FFC shirt - it all ends up the same - why ?

(Over the last 5 years)
A little harsh. Most of the new boys look tidy.
Its a Fulham thing!!

westcliff white

Quote from: cmg on July 23, 2016, 09:02:08 PM
Quote from: f5shooter on July 23, 2016, 08:59:04 PM
Pitch invasion for a friendly?  Is that common?

Well, they've just beaten the mighty Fulham. Open top bus through streets of Saville.
Seville will be a better option ;)
Every day is a Fulham day

fcfulham55

A loss tonight then.  I have no hope for this season. Lol
Sent from my Nokia 3310

hovewhite

Well this game was a step up in quality and who knows how any team will do when the real stuff starts.coyw

cmg

Anyone writing off any individual player on the basis of one friendly (or twenty minutes thereof) needs to be ignored.

Some encouraging signs from a number of our new signings.

I think a proper creative midfielder would solve a few problems, hopefully McDonald can perform this role.

davew

Quote from: westcliff white on July 23, 2016, 07:30:10 PM
That's the first goal conceded in pre season
Don't worry, there will be plenty more to come this season (lol)!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

What I don't understand is ... Whatever exciting new squad we assemble - as soon as they put on a FFC shirt - it all ends up the same - why ?

(Over the last 5 years)
Blimey Ben, please don't start showing optimism, I won't, not yet anyway!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

fulhamben

Quote from: davew on July 23, 2016, 09:31:16 PM

(Over the last 5 years)
Blimey Ben, please don't start showing optimism, I won't, not yet anyway!!!
lol, now might be the only time all season that we can
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

nose

i saw up to te 4 substitutions all at once we looked good
malone no comment ddnt see him
woodrow brilliant and the stand out player
cairney decent too
i think there is the nucleus of a team at last... button? first match nerves (I hope)
betis are a good team, we made them look ordinary... but hey, it wasa friendly and a ouple of the [layers only just arrived... newcastle is theproper test!

Snibbo

No wonder we lost. According to the offal, they made the goal as small as a postage stamp!:

"After being found by Ryan Sessegnon on the edge of the box, the striker held off his marker to turn and smash an unstoppable shot high into the postage stamp of the goal."

I've heard of moving the goal posts but that's ridiculous.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/first-team/2016_2017/friendly/real-betis

grandad

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 23, 2016, 09:26:50 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 23, 2016, 09:06:32 PM
all the more reason we need a CB, so we can put someone like Kalas or Madl at right back and odoi back at left back

Agreed we need a big unit centre back.
Trouble with them is that they tend to be slow & have the turning circle of a double decker bus.We had Burn & let him go.
Where there's a will there's a wife

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamben on July 23, 2016, 08:53:52 PM
Malone the new jazz Richards. Lucky not to have conceded two penalties. The less we see of him the better, me thinks

As you never go it won't be a problem for you then :005:

fulhamben

Quote from: epsomraver on July 24, 2016, 10:52:46 AM
Malone the new jazz Richards. Lucky not to have conceded two penalties. The less we see of him the better, me thinks

lol. Was going to try and double last year's efforts. 8 homes and two away. But the white jazz has reminded  me not to bother. On a serious note odoi plays left Aswell doesn't he, so I'd imagine Malone will be down the pecking order

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on July 24, 2016, 11:02:55 AM

lol. Was going to try and double last year's efforts. 8 homes and two away. But the white jazz has reminded  me not to bother. On a serious note odoi plays left Aswell doesn't he, so I'd imagine Malone will be down the pecking order

Let's not judge Scott Malone on his performance yesterday, he is a Fulham player who has just joined, plus he was instrumental in us moving Richards off our backs. So we owe him for that, plus you were wrong about Matt Smith, and I reckon you will be proved wrong with Our new recruit. Knee jerk reactions are not good for your knees, and neither is looking through keyholes on your knees.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 24, 2016, 12:57:18 PM

Let's not judge Scott Malone on his performance yesterday, he is a Fulham player who has just joined, plus he was instrumental in us moving Richards off our backs. So we owe him for that, plus you were wrong about Matt Smith, and I reckon you will be proved wrong with Our new recruit. Knee jerk reactions are not good for you knees.
wrong about matt Smith? So he's not just a big lump who doesn't score many goals then. Has anyone told him yet, he might be missing on purpose just to live up to the stigma surrounding him

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on July 24, 2016, 12:59:45 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 24, 2016, 12:57:18 PM

Let's not judge Scott Malone on his performance yesterday, he is a Fulham player who has just joined, plus he was instrumental in us moving Richards off our backs. So we owe him for that, plus you were wrong about Matt Smith, and I reckon you will be proved wrong with Our new recruit. Knee jerk reactions are not good for you knees.
wrong about matt Smith? So he's not just a big lump who doesn't score many goals then. Has anyone told him yet, he might be missing on purpose just to live up to the stigma surrounding him

Smudger I am sure will score his fair share given enough time on the pitch, plus his assists, and he will drag players away who are marking him away and create space for his team mates. So sometimes you need to improvise and compromise and not have tunnel vision. It's an uncompromising division, no place for faint hearts.
He is no Theiry Henry or Dennis Bergkamp, but neither is anyone else around here either.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.