more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ross officially leaves for £12 million

Started by General, August 04, 2016, 12:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/august/04/ross-mccormack-departs

Hate how the club hide it away in the all news section on the side... so cloak and dagger.. Hopefully we can see a few coming in.

grandad

Best bit of business the Club has done in ages. There was no guarantee that McCormack would have carried on scoring at the same rate. Time to move on for both him & the Club.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

The Telegraph reported a £14m fee , I think there may be add ons based on the usual thing like games played, goals and promotion etc.

twang

Sky Sports also report it as £12m rising to £14m depending on add-ons, making it the biggest deal ever in the Championship (if they end up paying more than the original £12m that is).

Nero

Quote from: General on August 04, 2016, 12:46:32 PM

Hate how the club hide it away in the all news section on the side... so cloak and dagger.. Hopefully we can see a few coming in.

Would you like to Club to blaze it all over the front page like a new signing? Its news its in the news section all the other players that have left have had the same Ross is not special

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: General on August 04, 2016, 12:46:32 PM

Hate how the club hide it away in the all news section on the side... so cloak and dagger. Hopefully we can see a few coming in.

Really? And where would you expect to look for news?

And it's been on here and elsewhere since before 10 a.m. so it's old news at 12.46 p.m..

General

He's left, we all learn about it but despite them publishing it on the main site you have to look for it. why not just publish it properly instead of hiding it away. He was a good player for us. It's the perfect opportunity to say we got the highest fee for a championship player, with add ons to £14 million and then have Jokanovic say that he's looking to bring in some more players with the fee who can balance and add more depth to the squad and that he realises it's a blow for some fans but ultimately it's the right thing for the club moving forward.

Hiding it suggests it was acrimonious, that despite it be published on the Villa site in a three part piece they think putting it up and not acknowledging it happened as publicly will somehow soften any blow of his departure.

I just wish the club would take full ownership of it's decisions and show it has a belief and reasoning for doing stuff instead of being so seemingly secretive.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: grandad on August 04, 2016, 12:54:48 PM
Best bit of business the Club has done in ages. There was no guarantee that McCormack would have carried on scoring at the same rate. Time to move on for both him & the Club.

Havin a laugh...Worst bit of business im afraid.

The Rock

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Until we start signing players that are better than the ones that are leaving, we will only get worse. Makes sense right?

I guess the jury is out whether Dembele and McCormack are better than Ayite and Aluko, but they have their work cut out for them.

Twig

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 04, 2016, 01:46:54 PM

Have to disagree.  I get that 12 to 14 mil for a striker of Ross' age is, on the face of it, good business.  BUT I will only applaud it if Khan demonstrates that he anticipated the sale, removed his digit and has clearly given every penny to Slav to spend on high quality transfers who should be announced quite soon.  If not this club loses my support, end of.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: The Rock on August 04, 2016, 02:09:50 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Until we start signing players that are better than the ones that are leaving, we will only get worse. Makes sense right?

I guess the jury is out whether Dembele and McCormack are better than Ayite and Aluko, but they have their work cut out for them.

It does and it doesn't. Just because we sold Ross doesn't mean that we have to replace him with a better striker. We can use the money to improve multiple positions, buy a player who approaches Ross' quality and ultimately have a better performing team.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

The Rock

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 04, 2016, 02:30:24 PM

It does and it doesn't. Just because we sold Ross doesn't mean that we have to replace him with a better striker. We can use the money to improve multiple positions, buy a player who approaches Ross' quality and ultimately have a better performing team.

Use it on whomever, but I was speaking in general. I do think highly of SJ; I don't think he had a fortune to spend to get Watford promoted which is a positive. But in general, the players in recent years that have come in have been worse than those leaving.

Bronaldinho

Seems like it's time for Fulham & McCormack to part ways.

But with Jokanovic implementing a new system, it could potentially work in our favour.

Plus, now Ross is 30, getting £12m for him is decent business. While, he is a goalscorer, it means we can change system and be more defensively sound.

This is discussed further on my blog:

thecravencorner.wordpress.com
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

alfie

Quote from: Twig on August 04, 2016, 02:18:01 PM

Have to disagree.  I get that 12 to 14 mil for a striker of Ross' age is, on the face of it, good business.  BUT I will only applaud it if Khan demonstrates that he anticipated the sale, removed his digit and has clearly given every penny to Slav to spend on high quality transfers who should be announced quite soon.  If not this club loses my support, end of.
and who are these high quality players that would want to come to a championship team that was struggling to remain in the league, goodness me at the moment we can only attract maybe just above average players, do not want to go down the way of players coming here just for the money, i would rather get lesser players that want to play for the club.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: The Rock on August 04, 2016, 03:06:31 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 04, 2016, 02:30:24 PM

Use it on whomever, but I was speaking in general. I do think highly of SJ; I don't think he had a fortune to spend to get Watford promoted which is a positive. But in general, the players in recent years that have come in have been worse than those leaving.

I hear you and agree about the general level of replacements in recent seasons. However, I think SJ's/Rigg's moves this season have improved the team and improved us in individual positions. Of course this all remains to be seen as the season hasn't begun.

I believe SJ's hope with the roster he is building is that he does not have a strike force accounting for 40-50% of our goals going forward but to have a front four or five players all capable of scoring multiple goals this season, with the aggregate relieving the main striker of the responsibility of scoring 20/season. Having said that, I'm sure he'd be happy with a striker who did it anyway.

If we can just get some defensive shape and have some sense of responsibility for avoiding fundamental errors on set pieces while maintaining something close to the number of goals scored last season, then the playoff places should be realistic for us.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Whitesideup

Quote from: Twig on August 04, 2016, 02:18:01 PM

Twig - you are so fickle. Your support and allegiance is determined by conditions? So if the missus puts on a few pounds, do you withdraw your affection and switch to a slimmer, maybe younger version? err.....ok ... so I see your point.