watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Connecting iPad to TV

Started by f321ffc, August 05, 2016, 03:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

I have tried connecting my iPad to TV using adapter to HDMI lead, bought a cheap one from eBay £5, it worked for about 20 seconds  then had message on screen saying Apple does not recognise this device or words to that effects and picture froze, just looked on Apple Store and they have what looks the exact adapter at £40 .
So before I go out and get one any advice please, am I going about this the right way or is there an easier solution. 049:gif 092.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

fulhamben

If you are doing sky, they block it, some mirror image thing.i suppose to stop pubs doing it and the likes
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Equalizer

I use Apple TV. It's not all that expensive and has loads of brilliant features, like streaming TV and movies. You can send the image from your iPad to your TV wirelessly then.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

fulhamben

Quote from: The Equalizer on August 05, 2016, 03:29:14 PM
I use Apple TV. It's not all that expensive and has loads of brilliant features, like streaming TV and movies. You can send the image from your iPad to your TV wirelessly then.
even sky? From my experience they block it
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

f321ffc

Thanks but it's not for the game tonight will go to a bar to watch it, I'm in Spain and just trying to put something on TV for the misses she is missing her soaps, no easy way of getting UK TV down here in southern Spain since they switched the satelite a few years ago.
Never used to bother us too much but now we are retired and here for 10 weeks she needs her soaps, filmon on iPad is ok but really need to be able to connect it to TV for screen size. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

bobbo

I'm told ( although I've not done it yet ) you need a google chrome cast -- about £35 from tesco or Marlins. You then download the app and plug in.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

H4usuallysitting

Using a Chromebox just about gets you everything, and depending on your internet connection the quality is like watching normal TV.......the other option is an mxq box with kodi

One James stannard

Quote from: f321ffc on August 05, 2016, 03:32:07 PM
Thanks but it's not for the game tonight will go to a bar to watch it, I'm in Spain and just trying to put something on TV for the misses she is missing her soaps, no easy way of getting UK TV down here in southern Spain since they switched the satelite a few years ago.
Never used to bother us too much but now we are retired and here for 10 weeks she needs her soaps, filmon on iPad is ok but really need to be able to connect it to TV for screen size. 049:gif

Just out of interest which part of southern Spain?

f321ffc

Quote from: One James stannard on August 05, 2016, 05:00:05 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on August 05, 2016, 03:32:07 PM

Just out of interest which part of southern Spain?
Nueva Torrequebrada , mid way between Fuengirola and Torremolinos.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

MikeR

Yes, you need the cable from Apple. I think it's expensive because it has what amounts to a small computer built into it that decodes the signal coming out of the Lightning connector and converts it to HDMI.
We are here and it is now. Further than that, all human knowledge is moonshine. - H. L. Mencken

f321ffc

Quote from: MikeR on August 05, 2016, 06:15:54 PM
Yes, you need the cable from Apple. I think it's expensive because it has what amounts to a small computer built into it that decodes the signal coming out of the Lightning connector and converts it to HDMI.
Ahhh thought there must be something special in it.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional