watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavisa Jokanovic

Started by colinwhite, August 05, 2016, 09:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

Well he may not have been able to make much difference to the way the team played last season but he sure has in the build up to the season.
Suddenly we have a team and one with balance. Comfortable in possession and solid in press and defence. You have to take your hat off to him, a fulham team hasnt played like that since the days of Hughes.
Well done on the signings ,they all make sense, starting with Buttons who is excellent with his feet which gives us the confident base we have lacked . We suddenly have pace ,aggression,and quick combination play.
If riggs is behind the signings then I take my hat off to him too.
Now come on Mr Khan give Slavisa the funds he needs to get all the players he wants , because this guy is good and for once we have someone on the bench with tactical nouse.

NJFulham

Mince n Tatties

Great subs by him when Ritchie was starting to look
good..Snubbed him out.

PokerMatt

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 05, 2016, 09:52:25 PM
Great subs by him when Ritchie was starting to look
good..Snubbed him out.

Agreed. This is one of the main differences a good manager can make - proactive subs.

They all made sense - we needed the ball played to feet up front to keep hold of it, so Smith off and Aluko up the middle; and Parker's calm head to steady the midfield where we were beginning to lose the battle.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

The Rock

Great post - I have been saying if SJ can do it with Watford, he can do it with us and a potentially a very good manager. He will obviously be getting minimal funds from Khan.

colinwhite

You know rock i have a feeling he is going to get the funds he wants.

tommy

Tactical masterclass tonight. From his formation and tactics to his substitutions. Bloody genius.

RaySmith

I've been very impressed with Slavisa - he really seems to know what he's doing. We were very  well organised and played like team-  something we haven't seen in recent seasons.

BestOfBrede

Sgt Fulham

Touching on the point you made about Button, I think it makes a subtle but important difference. When we shuffle the ball back to the keeper to change the side of play it is important to do it quickly, which Button did with confidence. In previous seasons our goalkeepers have always taken a touch the steady the ball, often unnecessarily, slowing the switch, allowing the other team to adjust.

colinwhite

It gives our backs more time on the ball and an option to play back ,that has not been there for along time.

rusty shackleford

Any post match comments from slav?

JoelH5

One from Jermaine Jenas will have to do;

"Fulham thoroughly deserved it. They marshalled the game as they wanted it to go, they picked their opportunities to attack and Matt Smith was the match-winner."
I was there, standing in the Putney end

alexmur

can't praise Slavan enough, but he can't kick the ball for them. we looked like we had 12 outfield players tonight, great job from everyone. remember Newcastle have spent nearly 50 million on their team, a good manager is priceless COYW

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nero

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 05, 2016, 10:42:11 PM
Any post match comments from slav?
Slaviša Jokanović praised Fulham's 'perfect start' to the season, and was especially satisfied with the team ethos on display.

Matt Smith's header on the stroke of half-time was enough to beat Newcastle United in the campaign opener, and his Head Coach was happy with what he saw.

"It's a great result for us, a perfect start for us," he said. "I was very pleased, we played like a real football team; really organised, playing all together, suffering all together. And this is good news in my opinion.

"If we follow this way, then we can think about having a better season than we've had in the last few years.

"My team did very well in pre-season and they showed today that they know what they have to do on the field. We played a very good game with the ball and when we had to suffer during the game, we suffered as a team.

"Generally I was very happy with this game, but in front of us is a fight for 135 points, and we have to be ready for Tuesday's game against Leyton Orient and for the next league game against Preston.

"Against Preston we have another chance to fight for three points, and we have to be ready for both games which are in front of us."

The Whites defended resolutely throughout the match and secured a welcome clean sheet, something that's been in short supply in recent years.

"It's important for us," Jokanović admitted. "We've had difficulties finding clean sheets last season, today we made a clean sheet and it's great news for us, and it's a good way to start the season which is in front of us.

"We played against Newcastle, one of the favourites to get back to the Premier League, and my team were exceptionally good physically, tactically. Newcastle is a very big team with an experienced coach."

But while Jokanović is glad the Fulham fans enjoyed a night to savour, he's quickly going to be turning his attentions to upcoming challenges.

"We had fantastic support, it's a great night for us, but this night is going to be over in a few minutes," he explained. "We have to be ready for what's in front of us.

"We've made one step, but this step is very, very short. We have to be happy and be ready for what's in front of us."

Luffy86

Ska... Vi.... Sas.... Blandwhite army!!!

Pluto

Tonight reminded me of watching us at our best under Roy - well drilled, rock solid at the back but with skill and trickery going forward. Really like the signings and the look of this side.

hovewhite

Well done SJ and of course a team of very good players.
Coyw

JDH101

Was so impressed with everything and everyone. One question I had was why Malone went off. I didn't understand that. But no comlaints. The way will still pressed them in their half in the last 20 mins even though we were holding on was a joy to see. All Fulham have ever done for years is sit back and invite teams on to us.

Absolutely made it.

Lighthouse

Slaviša Jokanović praised Fulham's 'perfect start' to the season, and was especially satisfied with the team ethos on display.

Matt Smith's header on the stroke of half-time was enough to beat Newcastle United in the campaign opener, and his Head Coach was happy with what he saw.

"It's a great result for us, a perfect start for us," he said. "I was very pleased, we played like a real football team; really organised, playing all together, suffering all together. And this is good news in my opinion.

"If we follow this way, then we can think about having a better season than we've had in the last few years.

"My team did very well in pre-season and they showed today that they know what they have to do on the field. We played a very good game with the ball and when we had to suffer during the game, we suffered as a team.

"Generally I was very happy with this game, but in front of us is a fight for 135 points, and we have to be ready for Tuesday's game against Leyton Orient and for the next league game against Preston.

"Against Preston we have another chance to fight for three points, and we have to be ready for both games which are in front of us."

The Whites defended resolutely throughout the match and secured a welcome clean sheet, something that's been in short supply in recent years.

"It's important for us," Jokanović admitted. "We've had difficulties finding clean sheets last season, today we made a clean sheet and it's great news for us, and it's a good way to start the season which is in front of us.

"We played against Newcastle, one of the favourites to get back to the Premier League, and my team were exceptionally good physically, tactically. Newcastle is a very big team with an experienced coach."

But while Jokanović is glad the Fulham fans enjoyed a night to savour, he's quickly going to be turning his attentions to upcoming challenges.

"We had fantastic support, it's a great night for us, but this night is going to be over in a few minutes," he explained. "We have to be ready for what's in front of us.

"We've made one step, but this step is very, very short. We have to be happy and be ready for what's in front of us."
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope