more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Absolutely Disgraceful

Started by Willard, August 05, 2016, 10:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willard

What was that all about?

Didn't Fulham and their manager get the script from Pundit Central at Sky?

We were meant to be the sacrificial lambs, the really poor side for the Toon to run over and demonstrate that they are the champions on Day One.

We're not meant to play football and win!

Seriously though, how good was that!

BTW, who were the two really unbiased commentators on Sky...

Barrett487

Sky analysis was disgracefully biased !!!!!

disgrace to tv media

Sgt Fulham

Two idiots. Their irritating bleating of "handball penalty" and constant references to how much greater Newcastle are than us made the win all the sweeter though. I'm happy in the knowledge that they are going to cry in their sleep tonight! :)

Edit - A personal highlight was when one of them said "I wonder if it's a case of when not if" when we were holding strong defensively and looked the more likely to score on the counter attack.

Fulham1959

I watched the Sky Newcastle love-fest  -  didn't realise till half-time that there were 2 teams playing !

vagrant

I thought they were a disgrace as well. On and on and on and on about their penalties, not one mention of Aluko being fouled twice in the area...

HatterDon

The English language announcers on beIN sport were no better, although they did say nice things about many of our players.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BestOfBrede

Beagrie was very complimentary I thought?

Fulham1959

From the BBC website :

Jermaine Jenas, former Newcastle and England midfielder on BBC Radio 5 live

"Fulham thoroughly deserved it. They marshalled the game as they wanted it to go, they picked their opportunities to attack and Matt Smith was the match-winner.

"For Newcastle, it's back to the drawing board. It just didn't go their way."

MayoDomo

I thought beIN commentators were fine. The talking points were always going to be about the title contenders, but I thought they were unbiased when it came to the penalty no-calls.

Ours - Possibly
Their 1st - Definitely
Their 2nd - Probably Not

Of course they got hung up on Tuni's but to their defense, it was a pivotal point in the game, and they gave us credit where credit was due.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

Nick Bateman

I did comment on this also.  Proves so many Fulham fans have the same opinion of Sky's bias, and so pleased to ram it down their throats.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

cottage expat

Quote from: HatterDon on August 05, 2016, 10:30:54 PM
The English language announcers on beIN sport were no better, although they did say nice things about many of our players.

Even when they said nice things, though, they sounded condescending.