watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

orient game- the good and bad

Started by dannyboi-ffc, August 10, 2016, 11:56:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

First of all anyone who saw the score and were gutted to miss out, trust me it was certainly not a 5 goal thriller. But it was enjoyable none the less to see 4 young men make their professional debuts and do us proud. And what better way to start but talking about them.

Sess and Adeniran are a class above Edun and De la Torre. Physically strong and big enough to compete now IMO, everyone hypes up Sess and rightly so, he does the simple things with ease and plays like a fullback with years of experience. But for me Adeniran was just as special last night. He protected the defence so well and over powered the orient midfield and they were not small either. In fact Parker and Ade were so in control that it only became noticeable when Ade went off with a knock and Tunni came on. We started to become bullied and it was no coincidence both goals conceded came after Ade went off and were both towering headers.

Edun was tidy but drifted in and out of the game. He linked up well with Sess on the left but not sure he affected the game enough to be considered for the first team. De la torre IMO was not good enough. Physically much weaker than the other 3 and with no end product. For his debut and at his age I'm certainly not writing him off as he showed glimpses of magic dribbling with the ball Robertsesque but the game passed him by and he fizzled out. Joka was right to sub him.

Onto the senior players, whilst the youngsters showed promise the senior players proved why they didn't start on Friday. Stearman and Ream were OK when it was easy but once Ade went off and orient lumped it into the box we looked physically weak and unorganised. You just can't underestimate how much better madl and Kalas are. And this was league two opposition who being bluntly honest, were woeful.

Considering Kavanagh was right back he had his best game for us but even then he is nowhere near the standard required. Physically he is like a 10 year old and it showed when he was flattened when jumping for their second headed goal.

Jorenen not good enough yet, needs a loan. He had very little to do and I haven't seen replays yet but I thought he should have come for both crosses that they scored from and the first he came half way and ended up in no mans land. Then he tried to catch or punch a third cross and ended up missing it completely resulting in Kav clearing off the line. He has potential but is certainly the number 3.

LVC huffed And puffed but with little end product. Although in his defence at times it seemed where he was our only chance of breaking through and tried a little too much. Again good impact sub but not better than those who started.

Woodrow and this will shock many but IMO he was very poor. He scored 2 world class goals so it seems strange to knock him but his touch was shocking when his back was to goal. Picture Zamora take it down on his chest and bringing runners into play. Instead the ball bounced off of Woodrow and although a good squad player he is not the answer so many think he's worthy of the chance to be. We need two strikers because we are very short on quality.

Parker was the only one who showed his experience and qualities. I'd be tempted to start him over Tunnicliffe who isn't good enough. IMO Adeniran looked more disciplined, quicker and better. Going back to Ade and his goal. Shame on the ref and shame on the FA for such a stupid rule for celebrating a goal. This lad is 18 making his pro debut and scored. He didn't jump into the crowd or take his shirt off. His Dad was in the front row and he hugged him resulting in many fans and half the team jumping into a group hug. Parker like the good captain he is was straight in the refs ear to explain and get Ade off the hook but the ref booked him which was pathetic. But then even more impressively despite being eagar Ade showed fantastic maturity and discipline to avoid risking a second yellow, in fact I dont even remember him giving away a foul. There was one incident where Ade shoulder barged their big centre forward and he went flying, the same guy who bullied Stearman and Ream a couple of times.

I will finish on the manager. He never sat down once, he stands on the edge of his technical area and his presence was very commanding. He is certainly the boss but at the same time the players looked like they were having fun. IMO he could well go onto be our greatest manager. I don't remember a manager standing with such a profound and commanding presence as Joka. And ultimately I can't see Craig Kline or Rigg winning if Joka wants his way.

Others may not agree but there was little coverage of the match from what Ive heard so thought I'd give a little analysis. Onwards and upwards  049:gif

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

epsomraver

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 10, 2016, 11:56:07 AM
First of all anyone who saw the score and were gutted to miss out, trust me it was certainly not a 5 goal thriller. But it was enjoyable none the less to see 4 young men make their professional debuts and do us proud. And what better way to start but talking about them.

Sess and Adeniran are a class above Edun and De la Torre. Physically strong and big enough to compete now IMO, everyone hypes up Sess and rightly so, he does the simple things with ease and plays like a fullback with years of experience. But for me Adeniran was just as special last night. He protected the defence so well and over powered the orient midfield and they were not small either. In fact Parker and Ade were so in control that it only became noticeable when Made went off with a knock and Tunni came on. We started to become bullied and it was no coincidence both goals conceded came after Ade went off and were both towering headers.

Edun was tidy but drifted in and out of the game. He linked up well with Sess on the left but not sure he affected the game enough to be considered for the first team. De la torre IMO was not good enough. Physically much weaker than the other 3 and with no end product. For his debut and at his age I'm certainly not writing him off as he showed glimpses of magic dribbling with the ball Robertsesque but the game passed him by and he fizzled out. Joka was right to sub him.

Onto the senior players, whilst the youngsters showed promise the senior players proved why they didn't start on Friday. Stearman and Ream were OK when it was easy but once Ade went off and orient lumped it into the box we looked physically weak and unorganised. You just can't underestimate how much better madl and Kalas are. And this was league two opposition who being bluntly honest, were woeful.

Considering Kavanagh was right back he had his best game for us but even then he is nowhere near the standard required. Physically he is like a 10 year old and it showed when he was flattened when jumping for their second headed goal.

Jorenen not good enough yet, needs a loan. He had very little to do and I haven't seen replays yet but I thought he should have come for both crosses that they scored from and the first he came half way and ended up in no mans land. Then he tried to catch or punch a third cross and ended up missing it completely resulting in Kav clearing off the line. He has potential but is certainly the number 3.

LVC huffed And puffed but with little end product. Although in his defence at times it seemed where he was our only chance of breaking through and tried a little too much. Again good impact sub but not better than those who started.

Woodrow and this will shock many but IMO he was very poor. He scored 2 world class goals so it seems strange to knock him but his touch was shocking when his back was to goal. Picture Zamora take it down on his chest and bringing runners into play. Instead the ball bounced off of Woodrow and although a good squad player he is not the answer so many think he's worthy of the chance to be. We need two strikers because we are very short on quality.

Parker was the only one who showed his experience and qualities. I'd be tempted to start him over Tunnicliffe who isn't good enough. IMO Adeniran looked more disciplined, quicker and better. Going back to Ade and his goal. Shame on the ref and shame on the FA for such a stupid rule for celebrating a goal. This lad is 18 making his pro debut and scored. He didn't jump into the crowd or take his shirt off. His Dad was in the front row and he hugged him resulting in many fans and half the team jumping into a group hug. Parker like the good captain he is was straight in the refs ear to explain and get Ade off the hook but the ref booked him which was pathetic. But then even more impressively despite being eagar Ade showed fantastic maturity and discipline to avoid risking a second yellow, in fact I dont even remember him giving away a foul. There was one incident where Ade shoulder barged their big centre forward and he went flying, the same guy who bullied Stearman and Ream a couple of times.

I will finish on the manager. He never sat down once, he stands on the edge of his technical area and his presence was very commanding. He is certainly the boss but at the same time the players looked like tby were having fun. IMO he could well go onto be our greatest manager. I don't remember a manager standing with such a profound figure as Joka. And ultimately I can't see Craig Kline or Rigg winning if Joka wants his way.

Others may not agree but there was little coverage of the match from what Ive heard so thought I'd give a little analysis. Onwards and upwards  049:gif
Good to get a report from someone who was there, cheers Danny

St Eve

In your opinion did this game confirm that Ream and Stearman are just not good enough?

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: St Eve on August 10, 2016, 12:08:04 PM
In your opinion did this game confirm that Ream and Stearman are just not good enough?

Ream 100%
Stearman running out of chances but not fit enough to lace Madl's boots

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

kempkong

Yeah brilliant breakdown and good update for those of us that couldn't make it. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmg

First of all anyone who saw the score and were gutted to miss out, trust me it was certainly not a 5 goal thriller.....Onwards and upwards  049:gif

Thanks for your interesting and informative comments.
Always valuable to get the impression of someone who was actually there.
The trite little judgements we sometimes get from those who were obviously no nearer the action than their computer serve only to confuse and irritate.

Vinnieffc

Cheers for that Danny. Now I've left Bexleyheath for a years exile in Ireland I'm reliant on match reports from those who went. Good work mate.

filham

Thanks for such a good report ER, always pleasing to hear that we have promising youngsters on the fringe of the first team squad.

snarks

The boy went on his own last night, didn't get back until 1.00 so I haven't had the chance to ask him what he thought, but thanks for the useful info.

Snibbo

Yes,  thanks for the comprehensive report

:plus one:

MJG

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 10, 2016, 12:10:23 PM

Ream 100%
Its odd because I thought Stearman at times was bloody appalling and at fault with Joronen for first goal.
Ream was ok but I do now believe Stearman is the main issue at the back.

As for other Comments I thought Sess was better second half defensively than first. Although its part of game he needs to improve.
Would agree about Woodrow's touch, appalling at times it has to said, but bloody hell he took the goals well.

millsy

Good summary Danny and I agree with all you say, except perhaps I think you were a little harsh on Cauley, who looked to me a class above most around him and always looked to me as if he would ultimately be the difference between the two sides. Yes, his control and lay-offs were erratic last night but he always seemed more purposeful in his work than others, who seemed happy to control play and pass the ball around in pretty patterns - much as we did last season - to little effect.

Thought Scott ran the show and agree all the youngsters performed well and responded to the opportunity Joka had offered them.

My biggest concerns currently are a) that we are so short of striking options and b) that Tunni simply isn't careful enough with the ball and often undoes the good work preceding his interventions. He looks very much "last season" in his approach and I hope that we have a better all-round replacement on his way! Meantime, I'm sure he can continue to do a simple ball-winning and tracking job but I hope we're planning for better in such a key position.

Overall, a decent performance from a reserve side, who had the game wrapped up within an hour then started to showboat and nearly got caught out. No harm done and good chance for a look at some fringe players, while keeping our key starters fresh for the league.

Nice ground and beautiful pitch. Well done Orient for playing their part and pressing us right up to the final whistle.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on August 10, 2016, 12:23:50 PM

Ream 100%
Its odd because I thought Stearman at times was bloody appalling and at fault with Joronen for first goal.

As for other Comments I thought Sess was better second half defensively than first. Although its part of game he needs to improve.
Would agree about Woodrow's touch, appalling at times it has to said, but bloody hell he took the goals well.

I didnt want to seem doom and gloom by saying both 100% but I do agree and I did say neither are anywhere near Kalas or madl.

Woodrow's goals were excellent but so was Smiths header. IMO both was poor regardless and we are desperate now for 2 top strikers

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

MJG

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 10, 2016, 12:33:01 PM

Ream 100%

I didnt want to seem doom and gloom by saying both 100% but I do agree and I did say neither are anywhere near Kalas or madl.

Woodrow's goals were excellent but so was Smiths header. IMO both was poor regardless and we are desperate now for 2 top strikers
There were so many positives last night dont want to dwell on negatives, but its clear attacking wise......striker wise we are short and need other options.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MJG on August 10, 2016, 12:37:43 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 10, 2016, 12:33:01 PM

Ream 100%

There were so many positives last night dont want to dwell on negatives, but its clear attacking wise......striker wise we are short and need other options.

Agreed and to be honest I can't see how anyone can argue that.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

ffc73

I think you were a tad harsh on Cauley Dannyboi.  I thought he worked hard, harassed and chased and is more mobile.  He did miss chances, touch was poor and passes went astray.  I do agree he is not currently the answer to our striking problem but is, IMO, a better starter than Smith who has all the previous noted faults that Woodrow displayed last night without as many of the plus points.

It was the first time I have seen Sess.  Impressed yes but a long way from the finished article.  His most impressive work was going forward.  Out fashioned as I may be, I prefer my full backs to defend first and attack as a bonus.  I know that does not seem to be the current vogue.

ffcwickford

Fully agree with dannyboi-ffc's assessment.

I am a very big fan of Cauley and given time I think he will turn out to be a very good player. His first goal from the free kick rolled by Parker was exemplary, it was only halfway up the goal but the bend on it was astonishing. When he robbed the defender for the second at the byline he dribbled along the line and then hit the ball so hard it bent into the bottom corner.

However, before that he was managing to trap a ball about twenty yards away from himself - the goals sent his confidence soaring and he was much, much better.

Adeniran was my MOM, closely followed by Parker.

NogoodBoyo

Thank god the buses ran so we could get Danny's report.  Thanks Danny.  I always enjoy full match reports.
Regarding Cauley, I find it so strange that he seems to have lost his control with his back to goal.  Under Monster Magath that was the strongest part of his game - against Premier league defences too in his maiden season. 
He must have the skill set.  I suppose it's all a matter of confidence. 
Anyway, hat's off to the manager for having the eggs to play these youths.  Let's hope we manage this group of precociously talented young players better than the last one. 
Nogood "hope springs eternal, see" Boyo

ffccaz

Sess and Adeniran are a class above Edun and De la Torre. Physically strong and big enough to compete now IMO, everyone hypes up Sess and rightly so, he does the simple things with ease and plays like a fullback with years of experience. But for me Adeniran was just as special last night. He protected the defence so well and over powered the orient midfield and they were not small either. In fact Parker and Ade were so in control that it only became noticeable when Ade went off with a knock and Tunni came on. We started to become bullied and it was no coincidence both goals conceded came after Ade went off and were both towering headers.

I will finish on the manager. He never sat down once, he stands on the edge of his technical area and his presence was very commanding. He is certainly the boss but at the same time the players looked like they were having fun. IMO he could well go onto be our greatest manager. I don't remember a manager standing with such a profound and commanding presence as Joka. And ultimately I can't see Craig Kline or Rigg winning if Joka wants his way.

Thanks for this Danny. Loved the bit about Slav and totally agree. Love him on the touchline so refreshing!

bog

Thanks for that.  082.gif

092.gif