watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The next 3 league games are critical

Started by H4usuallysitting, August 11, 2016, 11:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

I'm going to stick to my guns about starting well. Last season 5 of the top 6 after 13 games finished in top 6.

Over last 5 seasons after 13 games, 18 of the 30 teams in those top 6 positions finished in top 6 after 46 games. using that stat (and I know just using that word winds some of you up) if you are in top 6 after 13 games there is a 60% chance you will be there at the end.

And yes anyone can beat anyone else, but we all can all have a guess at who is or isn't going to be strongest.

FulhamStu

Totally agree a good start is very important.  Winning becomes a habit as does losing.  Brighton were not really fancied last season but a good early set of results built confidence and they bought in some really good additions through the season.  Keeping our defence strong is for me more critical than our ability to score lots of goals.  A porous defence absolutely kills you and this has been our no1 problem.

MJG

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 11, 2016, 01:52:06 PM
Totally agree a good start is very important.  Winning becomes a habit as does losing.  Brighton were not really fancied last season but a good early set of results built confidence and they bought in some really good additions through the season.  Keeping our defence strong is for me more critical than our ability to score lots of goals.  A porous defence absolutely kills you and this has been our no1 problem.
Brighton in first 13 games got 29 points.
In the next 33 got 60. Still a good return but allowed them some wiggle room result wise.

Northern Cottager

We will beat Preston. They're a good solid side but if we break with speed we will win. Blackburn are in turmoil and don't seem to have much of a plan or optimism internally. Leeds are unpredictable but we should beat them. All in all, we could win all 3!

Lighthouse

Last week we were talking about mid table and some talked about relegation again. One good game and suddenly we should beat Preston and Leeds away. One game at a time and don't get really down or really up. This is Fulham and predictions are fun but anything can happen. We have no right and we really shouldn't win away to anybody.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

first ten games are crucial for me, if after ten games you have between 25 and 30 points you an really set yourself up (even 21-25 means you have a great chance of promotion), for that to happen August is a crucial month
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 11, 2016, 03:22:20 PM
Last week we were talking about mid table and some talked about relegation again. One good game and suddenly we should beat Preston and Leeds away. One game at a time and don't get really down or really up. This is Fulham and predictions are fun but anything can happen. We have no right and we really shouldn't win away to anybody.
We went all talking like that Lighthouse. Some of us namely me, were arguing till we are blue in the face that our first 11 is far superior to anything we have had in years
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

toshes mate

I am looking for us to play out August unbeaten.  Blackburn is a game which will give us a more enlightened picture of the potential of the current squad since I thought they looked better than us when we played them last season at Craven Cottage under Symons.  Overall I'd expect us to achieve at least ten points in August be on target for promotion chances. 

Whitesideup

G
Quote from: toshes mate on August 11, 2016, 05:34:36 PM
I am looking for us to play out August unbeaten.  Blackburn is a game which will give us a more enlightened picture of the potential of the current squad since I thought they looked better than us when we played them last season at Craven Cottage under Symons.  Overall I'd expect us to achieve at least ten points in August be on target for promotion chances. 
Good point, well made. Yes, last year didn't we sneak a 2-1 win much against the run of play? I was surprised to see Blackburn's form falter as I thought they put in one of the better performances we saw at the Cottage. Look to be in disarray at teh moment, but who knows? That form could easily change back again. A couple of others have made the point; we need to stay focussed and maintain a high level of performance. We can't afford to think "it's only Blackburn". And for me SJ looks like the kind of manager who will be demanding and expecting focussed, hard-working performances. Onwards.....

fulhamben

Quote from: fulhamben on August 11, 2016, 12:49:02 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 11, 2016, 12:43:14 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 11, 2016, 12:39:06 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 11, 2016, 12:36:49 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on August 11, 2016, 12:32:54 PM
August? Critical?

nah
I think they are. If you looked at say the next ten games and ranked those teams against our next ten fixtures you will see that its now we need to pick up points which we will clearly  find harder to get.

History shows  that you start well in this league and you will be around that area come end of the season. Top 6 after a dozen games and you are pretty much set for the season. Otherwise catch up time.
Let's behoves, every game is critical. If you lose or draw, it's points that you will never be able to make up. Yes you might go on to finish above others, but those points, from that game will be gone forever
Of course every game is. But you have to also look at each game and opponent in context of how good they are.
All I say is look at our games up to and including Barnsley away. 12 games. and then look at next 12. Now no team is easy, but tell me you dont think these are the games to build up points IF top six is the target.
mate I've got us down to win first 12, i really do. I think our best 11 is up there and it will get stronger.
10 more to beat tigs record. coyws
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.