watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The next 3 league games are critical

Started by H4usuallysitting, August 11, 2016, 11:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Yes, it's obviously early in the league - but a win against Preston ( good steady manager, promoted last term) is a must......they will be a much harder test than Newcastle, as strangely we will be favourites to win....the other two games (Leeds & Blackburn), both established Championship clubs ( although Blackburn appear to be badly run) will be a test of ' mid table' opposition...... 7 points from these 3 games would be remarkable..... I would of hoped for a minimum 5 points

hovewhite

I'm looking forward to see how we do from these 3 games to see how far along this fresh start we have come.

MJG

3pts -poor
4pts -average
5pts- ok
6pts- Good return
7pts - excellent
9pts- we can start talking about how good we are

fulhamben

Still think we will beat tigs record. COYWS
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Whitesideup

The thing about this league is that even teams that may appear out of form can turn in good performances. Preston away is tougher than it seems. It will be interesting to see how solid we can be away from home, how resolutely we defend, not just the back 4 but from the midfield. I thought we did this against Newcastle, so my expectations are that we will do well. I am not sure we are quite where we want to be going forward, which may mean we have to settle for a draw. Happy to be wrong and to see us romp home 3-0.

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

filham

There are very few times during a season when the next three games are not critical. Lets just concentrate on the next one, a visit to any team in Lancashire is always difficult for us, a point from that game would be welcome but a win really would start to give us big ideas.

MJG

Quote from: HatterDon on August 11, 2016, 12:32:54 PM
August? Critical?

nah
I think they are. If you looked at say the next ten games and ranked those teams against our next ten fixtures you will see that its now we need to pick up points which we will clearly  find harder to get.

History shows  that you start well in this league and you will be around that area come end of the season. Top 6 after a dozen games and you are pretty much set for the season. Otherwise catch up time.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on August 11, 2016, 12:36:49 PM
August? Critical?

nah
I think they are. If you looked at say the next ten games and ranked those teams against our next ten fixtures you will see that its now we need to pick up points which we will clearly  find harder to get.

History shows  that you start well in this league and you will be around that area come end of the season. Top 6 after a dozen games and you are pretty much set for the season. Otherwise catch up time.
Let's behoves, every game is critical. If you lose or draw, it's points that you will never be able to make up. Yes you might go on to finish above others, but those points, from that game will be gone forever

RaySmith

Yes, we should just concentrate on the next game.

An away point is always good, but a win would be great obviously.

It's still early days, and a couple of injuries could severely affect us for a start. Confidence will be built by a few wins, but it could also go the other way.

But I hope we get  some good results, and keep the feeling of optimism up.

H4usuallysitting

I think August is critical, not only for the points & confidence- but also in attracting new recruits to the club

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on August 11, 2016, 12:39:06 PM
August? Critical?

nah

Let's behoves, every game is critical. If you lose or draw, it's points that you will never be able to make up. Yes you might go on to finish above others, but those points, from that game will be gone forever
Of course every game is. But you have to also look at each game and opponent in context of how good they are.
All I say is look at our games up to and including Barnsley away. 12 games. and then look at next 12. Now no team is easy, but tell me you dont think these are the games to build up points IF top six is the target.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on August 11, 2016, 12:43:14 PM
August? Critical?

nah

Of course every game is. But you have to also look at each game and opponent in context of how good they are.
All I say is look at our games up to and including Barnsley away. 12 games. and then look at next 12. Now no team is easy, but tell me you dont think these are the games to build up points IF top six is the target.
mate I've got us down to win first 12, i really do. I think our best 11 is up there and it will get stronger.

Lighthouse

If we have learned anything from this league is that any team can beat any team on their day. There is no team we should beat anymore than there is a team that should beat us. So not critical anymore than the last few games are if we were in a safe mid table position. It's fun to play the game of looking at teams and thinking we should or shouldn't beat them. But it means nothing in the long term.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 11, 2016, 12:47:31 PM
August? Critical?

nah

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: fulhamben on August 11, 2016, 12:49:02 PM
August? Critical?

nah

mate I've got us down to win first 12, i really do. I think our best 11 is up there and it will get stronger.

Thats us relegated then.. :012:

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 11, 2016, 01:02:11 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 11, 2016, 12:49:02 PM
August? Critical?

nah

Thats us relegated then.. :012:
I've been quite good in predictions in the last three years, plus I'm romping the tipping league with my can't be @rsed put me down for 1 0 home win attitude.its all cool, we got this

FulhamStu

Wonder what Preston think of us ?   Are we considered an easy game, after all we were crap last season and lost our 2 strikers so must be even more crap.  My point is that it's very difficult to say who are the good teams and who are the weak ones at this stage.  As said earlier, anyone can beat anyone and I don't expec that to change.  What most important is that we keep the same attitude.  Hard work, confidence and good organisation.

Toby Ward-Smith

I can see us picking up 7 points from the next 3. I see us drawing and winning either Preston or Leeds and then a great win back at the Cottage vs Cardiff. I think get those results and we will have the momentum and I would definitely back us to be up there come the end of the season. As a good start will build our confidence massively. Even 6 points will be a good return with 2 wins which I believe we can do based on our players and our performance last Friday!

Burt

One game in and we are already looking at the next game as a "must win"  :dft011:

Refreshing that it is in the context of putting down an early marker for a serious promotion push, as opposed to avoiding the drop.

At risk of denting this new-found optimism, whilst I think we are stronger at the back, I am still struggling to see how we will get the goals now that Ross and Moussa have left.