Main Menu

I have always said SJ was our saviour

Started by Baszab, August 13, 2016, 04:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Baszab on August 13, 2016, 04:57:17 PM
And Khan

...Oh did you now... even Khan? Questionable. You did always bak SJ though, that's a fact.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

The Old Count

Self effacing humour and irony From Baszab.  Very Fulham.

nose

Well said to the Op
However u no i like sj but even i know it's a long seaon and  we have beaten two winnless teams
Very happy so far, definite corner turned... need more players mr khan!

Lighthouse

Right now we have a side that is a good average, top half side. The squad is bottom half, relegation threatened. It will be a fascinating two and a bit weeks. We will soon know just how dedicated Khan and Joka are to Fulham. A long days journey into night or the start of a beautiful friendship.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

grandad

Don´t forget there will be non contract players available at any time. Karagounis anyone?
Where there's a will there's a wife

Twig

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 14, 2016, 10:10:48 AM
Right now we have a side that is a good average, top half side. The squad is bottom half, relegation threatened. It will be a fascinating two and a bit weeks. We will soon know just how dedicated Khan and Joka are to Fulham. A long days journey into night or the start of a beautiful friendship.

Could not agree more.

toshes mate

Quote from: Statto on August 13, 2016, 05:39:19 PM
just as a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, khan makes a decent managerial appointment once every five attempts

Okay, but had we not had so many unsuccessful attempts on the head coach scene then Slavisa would probably still be an unknown quantity to us.  It is the journey that dictates who you meet on the way.

Arthur

just as a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, khan makes a decent managerial appointment once every five attempts

Jokanovic is only Khan's fourth attempt, is it not?

Not bad, I'd say, for someone who knew nothing about football when MAF sold him the Club. Most of us 'experts' on here, I'm sure, have a record that is little better. I can confess to thinking that Muelensteen and Magath would improve our fortunes and they didn't.

toshes mate

My feelings entirely.  I don't think anyone can fault Slavisa's decision making with what he has now but he has said very clearly and very loudly that the team needs strengthening in quality and depth, and Khan must ensure his management team provide.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on August 14, 2016, 11:03:07 AM
Quote from: Arthur on August 14, 2016, 10:34:53 AM

Not bad, I'd say, for someone who knew nothing about football when MAF sold him the Club. Most of us 'experts' on here, I'm sure, have a record that is little better. I can confess to thinking that Muelensteen and Magath would improve our fortunes and they didn't.

so the boss of a 140-year-old, £200m organisation screws up that organisation bringing grief to tens of thousands of its members. And for you it is a defence for him to say "i know nothing about running this type of organisation" or "the ordinary man on the street wouldn't have done much better"?

Did you learn this at the Phillip green/nick leeson school of business?

As for the numbers it's between 4 and 7 depending whether you include jol, grant and gray so 5 for the sake of argument seems kind.
MAF didn't get it right all the time
Wilkins
Bracewell
Snachez

For every Keegan, Tigana, Coleman

So he had a 50% hit rate at the start

MJG

Quote from: Statto on August 14, 2016, 11:14:04 AM
Quote from: MJG on August 14, 2016, 11:05:49 AM
Quote from: Arthur on August 14, 2016, 10:34:53 AM

so the boss of a 140-year-old, £200m organisation screws up that organisation bringing grief to tens of thousands of its members. And for you it is a defence for him to say "i know nothing about running this type of organisation" or "the ordinary man on the street wouldn't have done much better"?

Did you learn this at the Phillip green/nick leeson school of business?

As for the numbers it's between 4 and 7 depending whether you include jol, grant and gray so 5 for the sake of argument seems kind.
MAF didn't get it right all the time
Wilkins
Bracewell
Snachez

For every Keegan, Tigana, Coleman

So he had a 50% hit rate at the start

Don't dispute that.
50% success rate vs. 20%.
If you don't consider that difference significant then fair enough you're entitled to your ppinion
I didn't say anything about the significance of the figures of MAF vs Khan , only that MAF didn't get it right all the time.....but you knew that

Arthur

I guess you and I can go round in circles.

I would say that, if any boss screwed up, it was MAF for selling the Club to someone who knew nothing about football and who lived thousands of miles away.

And yes, you, I or anyone else who has followed football could reasonably have expected to be as confident as Khan about the choice of manager he was making, in the same way that if I were to invest in American Football (about which I know nothing), take over a team and do some research into who might be a good coach, I wouldn't assume that, because I am now the owner, I know better than those who have watched Gridiron all their lives .

If that's your take, but I think the vast majority of people would count it as four.

The Rock

I wouldn't say MAF screwed up by selling the club to the Yank. I have always thought the opposite, and an excellent bit of business.

Baszab

Blimey.....only posted to take the mickey out of myself ......and it's become a serious thread already

The Old Count

Quote from: Baszab on August 14, 2016, 11:56:16 AM
Blimey.....only posted to take the mickey out of myself ......and it's become a serious thread already

I think I was the only one who spotted it.

Lighthouse

Quote from: The Old Count on August 14, 2016, 12:11:42 PM
Quote from: Baszab on August 14, 2016, 11:56:16 AM

I think I was the only one who spotted it.

A thread by its very meaning threads from one subject to the next. Had the OP been read and then dismissed just by the fact WE ALL KNEW it was being self mocking. Then it would end there. But fortunately it moves on to other things and threads its way through the journey of life.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Baszab

How true and also how ...philosophical

Neil D

A long days journey into night or the start of a beautiful friendship.
'We'll always have Hamburg...'