more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Does anybody know what our defence was like yesterday

Started by H4usuallysitting, August 14, 2016, 11:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

fulhamben

from the replay, their actual goal came from a player who burst into the box un tracked by the midfield. it went to our back right post but odoi had already tracked his man in. so that was down to midfield as opposed to defence. the others could be classed as good defending as they held the line and got the offside. second looked very close to being on though
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

snarks

Yes and smith had what seemed like a good goal disallowed too. Their first was clearly offsides, the last one harder to tell from tv but that's what the linesman gave (too old for assistant referee)

jarv

GJ said Smith's disallowed goal was perfectly good and we all know how impartial he is. I believe him, he wouldn't stop repeating it. 049:gif

fulhamben

Quote from: jarv on August 14, 2016, 12:50:19 PM
GJ said Smith's disallowed goal was perfectly good and we all know how impartial he is. I believe him, he wouldn't stop repeating it. 049:gif
ive just posted the official link. even the player smith is meant to have fouled doesnt claim for a free kick. very harsh to disallow it
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HatterDon

Quote from: jarv on August 14, 2016, 12:50:19 PM

He did say they didn't have any replays, though.

I'd never heard him say that before.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Arthur

Quote from: fulhamben on August 14, 2016, 12:59:34 PM
ive just posted the official link. even the player smith is meant to have fouled doesnt claim for a free kick. very harsh to disallow it

The goal wasn't disallowed for an infringement by Smith; it was ruled out for a foul by Aluko on the goalkeeper, who was trying to back track towards the far post as the corner came over. He and Aluko certainly 'came into contact'. I haven't seen a replay either so whether Sone deliberately blocked his attempt to reach the ball, I cannot say.

Apprentice to the Maestro

It is very hard to see on the video even if you step through single frames as best you can but, as Arthur points out, there does seem to be a clash around the goalkeeper although to me it looks more like the defender is blocking Aluko, they tussle and both block the goalkeeper.

Anyway the record shows that we won 2-1!

Skatzoffc

Personally I thought, (from the replay on the offal), that Smudger should have had 2 stonewall pens when fouled in the box.

For the ref to give a foul against him on his "good" goal, I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

cmg

I've just read the manager's comments (http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-fulham-boss-says-newcastle-11749186?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed) concerning Odoi's defensive duties and it tends to confirm the impression I got from the match video that someone had put a leash on his attacking inclinations. He defended well against PNE, but we missed his forays down the left.

The defence seemed confident and competent together. They held the line, if not with Hodgsonesque rigidity, at least like men who had been formally introduced. So far, I have been quite impressed with Malone.

All told we didn't play with quite the pace of our two previous games. Parker and McDonald are both very fine players and were among our best performers on Saturday, but, when played together, are a rather 'conservative' option and tend to diminish our pace.

MJG

Quote from: cmg on August 15, 2016, 02:31:26 PM
I've just read the manager's comments (http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-fulham-boss-says-newcastle-11749186?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed) concerning Odoi's defensive duties and it tends to confirm the impression I got from the match video that someone had put a leash on his attacking inclinations. He defended well against PNE, but we missed his forays down the left.

The defence seemed confident and competent together. They held the line, if not with Hodgsonesque rigidity, at least like men who had been formally introduced. So far, I have been quite impressed with Malone.

All told we didn't play with quite the pace of our two previous games. Parker and McDonald are both very fine players and were among our best performers on Saturday, but, when played together, are a rather 'conservative' option and tend to diminish our pace.
I think you mean down the right for Odoi but would agree he held back. Which is good because we got to see his defensive duties.
Also I felt at times Parker and McDonald wanted the ball at the same time and were taking up similar positions. Its a conservative selection picking them, but one for away games that may well have some legs to it. Against maybe a more mobile midfield and pacy attack they may be too slow.

cmg

Quote from: MJG on August 15, 2016, 03:23:39 PM
....He defended well against PNE, but we missed his forays down the left.
I think you mean down the right for Odoi...

Yeah. Left/right, port/starboard, west/east. Always a problem...guess that's why they sacked me from being skipper of the QE2 the second time I ran her on to the Isle of Wight.

MJG

Quote from: cmg on August 15, 2016, 03:32:04 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 15, 2016, 03:23:39 PM
....He defended well against PNE, but we missed his forays down the left.
I think you mean down the right for Odoi...

Yeah. Left/right, port/starboard, west/east. Always a problem...guess that's why they sacked me from being skipper of the QE2 the second time I ran her on to the Isle of Wight.
POSH is only way to remember when in charge of a boat

cmg

Quote from: MJG on August 15, 2016, 03:35:16 PM

You mean Mrs Becks? Might work, but, personally I'd go for the GBR women's hammer thrower.

MJG

Quote from: cmg on August 15, 2016, 03:49:20 PM
Quote from: MJG on August 15, 2016, 03:35:16 PM

You mean Mrs Becks? Might work, but, personally I'd go for the GBR women's hammer thrower.
Ok this is going in a direction I didn't think it would, I'm bailing out

cmg

Quote from: MJG on August 15, 2016, 03:50:50 PM
Ok this is going in a direction I didn't think it would, I'm bailing out

That's exactly what I said when I ran the QE2 onto the Isle of Wight.  :drums: