watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is the Championship

Started by H4usuallysitting, August 16, 2016, 01:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

The hardest 'B' league in the World?......if you look at the history of some of the clubs in this league, it sure looks like it....

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 16, 2016, 01:52:37 PM
The hardest 'B' league in the World?......if you look at the history of some of the clubs in this league, it sure looks like it....

Sir Alex says its the 5th best league
In the World.

MJG

Difficult to say if it is the 'hardest' but its certainly up there in attendances.

cmg

I'm usually a bit wary of extravagant claims for English football, but I think there's a decent case for this one being right.
Serie B might be a viable claimant.

Chutney

100% yes, you could put the vast majority of teams from the bottom half of their top division against a championship side and they will probably lose.

Just look at the number of championship players featured at the euros, it shows the talent in this league.
C O Y W

jarv

With so many top international players now in the premier, the championship seems to have replaced the old first division as a home for British players. I suspect It is about the same standard but players are quicker now. This season I expect Coleman and Strachan to attend a lot of championship games for their national teams and  Allardyce on a few occasions.

MJG

Are we hardest=quality or hardest as in to get out the league?

Apprentice to the Maestro

Some of the factors that contribute are that we tend to have more teams in our leagues than some other countries (e.g. Bundesliga has only 18 teams against 20 in the PL) and we have 24 in the Championship plus there is less disparity between the teams so that every game is a challenge and overall our leagues tend to be more competitive.

Lighthouse

Arguably The Championship is in the top 4 or 5 leagues in Europe.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

H4usuallysitting

Hardest, as in quality of teams, players, number of league games, history of teams and difficulty in winning (FFP)..... It must be around the 3/4th hardest competitive league