watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Latest Keeper linked if Swart goes

Started by Lighthouse, August 21, 2010, 01:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Should Schwarzer leave Craven Cottage for Arsenal, Fulham boss Mark Hughes wants Stoke's Asmir Begovic to replace the veteran Australia international.
Full story: Mirror

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mccscratch

Not good enough... We can't sell Mark if we do not have a top keeper in the wings... I am a big Stockdale guy too but still feel he is 1-2 years away from being a no.1.

Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

NorthWestWhite

Quote from: mccscratch on August 21, 2010, 07:42:52 AM
Not good enough... We can't sell Mark if we do not have a top keeper in the wings... I am a big Stockdale guy too but still feel he is 1-2 years away from being a no.1.

Yeah we definitely need to replace experience with experience for league matches and potential big cup matches, with Stockdale as an understudy taking over for earlier round cup matches and for injuries to get him the experience he needs too as i can see him as our number 1 in a few years.

Lighthouse

We all think that Stockdale is a good keeper and our future number 1. But if he again plays well against United. Then maybe we will start to think he is worth a gamble now. The United game could be a make or break moment for him.

Welcome NorthWestWhite

TonyGilroy

If it wasn't for the transfer window we could afford to trial Stockdale as our number 1 but we can't have him as our only option until January.

I wouldn't be unhappy with Begovic coming in and having 2 young keepers competing because they both look good enough to succeed.

SmithyFFC

Begovic most defintley has the potenial to become a stop quality keeper, however, Stoke rejected a £4 million bid from Chelsea, therefore to buy we'd need to pay at least £5 million which really isn't worth it when we already have Stockdale at the club.
FTID

sipwell

I think Stockdale will do fine. How can you say he needs 2 more years before he is ready? Two more years to do what?

Contrary to England, Belgium has a tradition of fairly young keepers standing in goal. The oldest keeper must be Stijn Stijnen and he is 30 :) Mignolet was just bought by Sunderland and plays in the first team because their first keeper is injured. The only thing Stockdale needs is experience and he will only get that through first team football. As he said himself, he was very happy (and confident) because of the defense in front of him, why not let him gain experience?

If Sparky has faith in him and if Sparky says he believes in him, he should be given the position. That's my two cents
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Lighthouse

Lets not forget Pacal Zube is still here.  :dft012:

Lighthouse

We could always buy David James from Bristol City. After only a few minutes City and James are 2 down. Not a great start for him.