News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What ARE the contract situations with our players - maybe time for a recap again

Started by Tktd, August 19, 2010, 10:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

?  Also thought Roy wasn't going to be raiding Fulham for our players - but Murphy's come out saying schwartz and Konch are both interesting arsenal and liverpool - which would make you think there's something going on ... considering Roy knows we don't have any back up in that area would be a pretty dickish move on his behalf - especially when you consider how much easier it is to sign players at liverpool in comparison to fulham.

White Noise

Tktd

AlFayedsChequebook

Players with 1 year left:

Chris Baird
Danny Murphy
Dickson Etuhu
Diomansy Kamara
Eddie Johnson
John Pantsil
Kagiso Dikgacoi
Keanu Marsh-Brown
Mark Schwarzer
Matthew Briggs
Michael Uwezu
Pascal Zuberbühler
Paul Konchesky
Robert Milsom
Zoltan Gera
Wesley Foderingham

An interesting list. A few guys that we should definitely re-sign in Paintsil, Konch, Schwartz (if he will) and probably Gera (who has a 1 year extension?). A few others who should be considered: Dikgacoi and Baird. Re-sign these youngsters: Marsh-Brown, Briggs. Potential casualties (but replaceable): Kamara, Murphy and Etuhu. The rest are pretty irrelevant.

Tktd

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 19, 2010, 10:37:58 AM

An interesting list. A few guys that we should definitely re-sign in Paintsil, Konch, Schwartz (if he will) and probably Gera (who has a 1 year extension?). A few others who should be considered: Dikgacoi and Baird. Re-sign these youngsters: Marsh-Brown, Briggs. Potential casualties (but replaceable): Kamara, Murphy and Etuhu. The rest are pretty irrelevant.

Agree completely with who you think we should re-sign - Pantsil, Konch, Gera and Schwarzer are the priorities and I think Dikgacoi and Baird should be considered because if we ended up letting them go then it'd leave us unecessarily light and they do a solid job and would let us keep up certain standards Roy's got us too.

White Noise

Quote from: Tktd on August 19, 2010, 10:31:19 AM
Quote from: White Noise on August 19, 2010, 10:17:25 AM
os5889 kindly updated a few days ago with the main ones but I will see if I can add anything else in -

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=1167.15

Cheers man! Hope you're well?!

No worries. Yes, good thanks and you?

Danny Murphy says there are 7 first teamers who are into their last 12 months so he may not be including himself or just may not be aware of some of those I guess.

I agree with Murphy that it is weird leaving it till now to sort out. It may not be his place to say it but he is Captain and must be aware because the players concerned have voiced their concern to him. Simon Davies said it was nice to get it sorted after several months of discussions in what looked like a sigh of relief moment. I wonder if the club are starting to play hardball over contract renewals now. A 3 year deal for Super Si sounds generous but maybe they are pushing the salaries down .

cebu

Danny does make it clear that he's not talking about his own situation:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/fulham/news/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/08/19/manual_094827.html&TEAMHD=fulham

"It's different for me because I'm a bit older and, when you reach my age, you start doing it year by year, but for a lot of the other lads it's an unsettling time - you have other clubs coming in for them and you worry about getting injured with only a year left on your contract."

beijing ben

My guess is this:

The players values are at the highest they have ever been. This is the best chance they will get to get a high salary. I think their agents are telling them to wait and see if anyone will come in for them. Our most important players are all at that stage of their career when this is the last chance and if you hear of fringe players at other squads getting ridiculously high wages (Luke Young, Steve Sidwell) then its understandable that you would want to look around. I'm not sure if it is Fulham's fault. Simon Davies has had a few injury worries so maybe for him the deal at Fulham, which i doubt increased his wages, was a good one and he is happy with it. In other words, it's unlikely that anyone would give him a better offer

If nothing happens in this window they may as well wait until their contract runs out and then they can get what would have been a transfer fee incorporated into their wages, as i would imagine Gera did when he joined us. Murphy will probably get another year contract. It's unlikely anyone will come in for him due to his age (although i still have a feeling Liverpool will come in for him). Players like Baird, Etuhu and Pantsil will still be ok age wise next summer...

FatFreddysCat

Chris Baird *
Danny Murphy
Dickson Etuhu
Diomansy Kamara
Eddie Johnson
John Pantsil *
Kagiso Dikgacoi
Keanu Marsh-Brown
Mark Schwarzer
Matthew Briggs
Michael Uwezu
Pascal Zuberbühler
Paul Konchesky *
Robert Milsom
Zoltan Gera *
Wesley Foderingham

An interesting list. A few guys that we should definitely re-sign in Paintsil, Konch, Schwartz (if he will) and probably Gera (who has a 1 year extension?). A few others who should be considered: Dikgacoi and Baird. Re-sign these youngsters: Marsh-Brown, Briggs. Potential casualties but replaceable): Kamara, Murphy and Etuhu. The rest are pretty irrelevant.
The ones i've put a little star next to are the most important to resign, though i think Gera will be forced out by other signings. I know little about the young uns so i haven't ticked them, and maybe Etuhu if he is prepared to play second fiddle.

Andy Crysell

Fred, what's the situation with your contract?  We don't want to lose you to the ofal on a Bosman.

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 19, 2010, 05:37:00 PM

Chris Baird *
Danny Murphy
Dickson Etuhu
Diomansy Kamara
Eddie Johnson
John Pantsil *
Kagiso Dikgacoi
Keanu Marsh-Brown
Mark Schwarzer
Matthew Briggs
Michael Uwezu
Pascal Zuberbühler
Paul Konchesky *
Robert Milsom
Zoltan Gera *
Wesley Foderingham

An interesting list. A few guys that we should definitely re-sign in Paintsil, Konch, Schwartz (if he will) and probably Gera (who has a 1 year extension?). A few others who should be considered: Dikgacoi and Baird. Re-sign these youngsters: Marsh-Brown, Briggs. Potential casualties but replaceable): Kamara, Murphy and Etuhu. The rest are pretty irrelevant.
The ones i've put a little star next to are the most important to resign, though i think Gera will be forced out by other signings. I know little about the young uns so i haven't ticked them, and maybe Etuhu if he is prepared to play second fiddle.

FatFreddysCat

Well i'm hoping to sort out my FoF testamonial and put pen to paper to a new contract anytime now. I keep getting emails from my fans Tizzard and 220 crew begging me to join them on the offal but i've turned them down. Anyhow it seems quite a few are leaving the offal and coming here.

Andy Crysell

Yep, the offal is a joke.  It's all squabbling and childish threads.  That's why I jumped ship and came here.  It's great to have a giggle and not have to wade through threads like "I wonder what shampoo Roy uses" etc.

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on August 20, 2010, 07:57:12 AM
Well i'm hoping to sort out my FoF testamonial and put pen to paper to a new contract anytime now. I keep getting emails from my fans Tizzard and 220 crew begging me to join them on the offal but i've turned them down. Anyhow it seems quite a few are leaving the offal and coming here.

WhiteJC

http://www.tribalfootball.com/zamora-gera-close-agreeing-new-fulham-contracts-1066951?
Zamora, Gera close to agreeing new Fulham contracts

Fulham are ready to tie two more of their senior players to new deals.

The People says Simon Davies has signed a new deal at Fulham and Zoltan Gera and Bobby Zamora are finalising terms.

Both Gera and Zamora are inside the final 12 months of their current deals.

Tom

Quote from: WhiteJC on August 24, 2010, 02:07:54 PM
http://www.tribalfootball.com/zamora-gera-close-agreeing-new-fulham-contracts-1066951?
Zamora, Gera close to agreeing new Fulham contracts

Fulham are ready to tie two more of their senior players to new deals.

The People says Simon Davies has signed a new deal at Fulham and Zoltan Gera and Bobby Zamora are finalising terms.

Both Gera and Zamora are inside the final 12 months of their current deals.
Let's get these two done!  :54:
Fulham for life!