watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Come on then MR Kline

Started by Peabody, August 20, 2016, 09:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Explain to us how this so called Stats system is better for us than the experience and knowledge of experienced football people. Come out and tell us how it works.

Woolly Mammoth

He cannot answer that because he is an amateur with no proper knowledge of the beautiful game, that we in England are born with from our very first breath. Whereas Jok is the proffesional and we could lose him if this Nonsense the way the Khans are running our club. The first time in years we have a proper manager, and these amateurs are undermining him, and I would not blame him if he walked out. How can you run a club on stats. What's this football world coming too. B
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Peabody

Couldn't agree more, but surely this person who is undermining Jok should give us the courtesy of explaining why.

ChesterTheTabby

He is attempting to do what the Oakland Athletics did in baseball in the 1990s - Moneyball. Because it worked in one sport during one time period does not mean that it can be applied to a different sport under totally different constraints. What an absolute plonker.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

alexmur

Quote from: Peabody on August 20, 2016, 09:36:39 PM
Explain to us how this so called Stats system is better for us than the experience and knowledge of experienced football people. Come out and tell us how it works.
I think he uses a magic 8 ball

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tonywa

This is surely absolute nonsense and is threatening to fatally sour the relationship between the best manager we have had in years and the club. This is simply not good enough from our football-ignorant board and I dread to think of the repercussions  if Jokanovic tires of what seems an affront to his position and professional standing and walks. This is reputedly the same system which brought us Pringle, Steerman and Ream this time last year. 'Nuff said.

Jamie88

Quote from: Tonywa on August 20, 2016, 10:20:19 PM
This is surely absolute nonsense and is threatening to fatally sour the relationship between the best manager we have had in years and the club. This is simply not good enough from our football-ignorant board and I dread to think of the repercussions  if Jokanovic tires of what seems an affront to his position and professional standing and walks. This is reputedly the same system which brought us Pringle, Steerman and Ream this time last year. 'Nuff said.

I thought he was brought in for the Jan transfer window?

bill taylors apprentice

He has the ear of the Khan family, they clearly think he has a great idea so he's in a position of power and doesn't have to explain anything to the likes of me and you!

I'm sure I read one of the club statements trying to pacify us about transfers where it was clearly said there is a method used to determine potential signings but the manager always has the final say.

Well! We now know that's obviously not true !   

Fulham76

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 20, 2016, 10:27:52 PM
He has the ear of the Khan family, they clearly think he has a great idea so he's in a position of power and doesn't have to explain anything to the likes of me and you!

I'm sure I read one of the club statements trying to pacify us about transfers where it was clearly said there is a method used to determine potential signings but the manager always has the final say.

Well! We now know that's obviously not true !   

Yep, more lies!

davew

Thanks for that info, now I know who Kline is, no I don't, somebody apparently using a slide rule and stat's to determine our future success, you can't be serious guys??? Why not appoint John McEnroe??
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Andy S

Lets start by looking back to the Tigana days.

At that time Tiganas methods were new and fitness levels were improved. Then Tigana signed people who were at the top of their game which is similar to what is happening under Kline

However Kline does not know the minute details of how a professional footballer functions. nor yet how defenders defend full backs position themselves or midfielders mark and cover each other. If running and stats were the only part of the game it would be fine but a player who is forever sprinting to get into the right position may not be as good as a player who is naturally always in the right position.

Louie Saha always looked lazy but was a top player at getting on the end of a cross or turning on speed to get in the right position to control and bury the ball in the net. But other players may be better at drawing players away from the obvious attacker

That is why Stats will never win a football match. If they did the bookies would have thought of it by now

H4usuallysitting

Take a look at John Terry.....his stats must be awful, but he's first choice in a team that I dare not mention......I'm now off to disinfect myself

Arthur

I imagine the current set-up is another situation for which we can thank Magath. Two years ago, his idea of strengthening the squad was to bring in players such as Fotheringham, Fazlic & Chihi. Even those who made the first XI - the likes of Hutchinson, Bodurov and Hoogland - nearly all were not remotely what was needed to challenge at the top of this league.

The exception, of course, was McCormack - and Smith is still here (albeit one of the current XI upon whom we need a serious upgrade).

Unfortunately, the appalling choices of the manager then are possibly what sees us in another unfortunate circumstance now.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Arthur on August 21, 2016, 10:56:35 AM

I imagine the current set-up is another situation for which we can thank Magath. Two years ago, his idea of strengthening the squad was to bring in players such as Fotheringham, Fazlic & Chihi. Even those who made the first XI - the likes of Hutchinson, Bodurov and Hoogland - nearly all were not remotely what was needed to challenge at the top of this league.

The exception, of course, was McCormack - and Smith is still here (albeit one of the current XI upon whom we need a serious upgrade).

Unfortunately, the appalling choices of the manager then are possibly what sees us in another unfortunate circumstance now.

What your'e describing is lurching from one shambles to another.

Even the signing of McCormack (good) wasn't followed through properly, after spending big on transfer and wages for one player we went shopping in the pound shop to build the rest of the team, bizarre !

..FOF..

I wrote this below in another thread.... so, ummm, I just leave this here...

QuoteTruMedia ( http://www.trumedianetworks.com ), the sports analytic company that Joka have been fighting, could be the reason behind this weakness.

Such analytic is known now as Big Data business.

Rich companies like Google, Amazon, Facebook are in the race to chase this unicorn profit.

I believe yes it does makes sense in Khan is allowing TruMedia to use Fulham and The Jaguars as a testbed for their technologies.

It could be worth over 10x more than owning the richest football team (Man U, Real Madrid?)

alexmur

Quote from: ..FOF.. on August 21, 2016, 11:43:17 AM
I wrote this below in another thread.... so, ummm, I just leave this here...

QuoteTruMedia ( http://www.trumedianetworks.com ), the sports analytic company that Joka have been fighting, could be the reason behind this weakness.

Such analytic is known now as Big Data business.

Rich companies like Google, Amazon, Facebook are in the race to chase this unicorn profit.

I believe yes it does makes sense in Khan is allowing TruMedia to use Fulham and The Jaguars as a testbed for their technologies.

It could be worth over 10x more than owning the richest football team (Man U, Real Madrid?)
well said

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk