watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Slav does go...

Started by AlexW132, August 22, 2016, 10:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexW132

...would anyone have Hodgson back? I hope it doesn't come to that, just wanted to know peoples' thoughts.

ToodlesMcToot

Heart says 100% yes. Head says that's the past and that we should be looking more toward younger generation managers like Jokanovic and Howe.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

AlexW132

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 22, 2016, 10:18:59 PM
Heart says 100% yes. Head says that's the past and that we should be looking more toward younger generation managers like Jokanovic and Howe.

My thought's exactly. I doubt he'd even want to return to management in England anymore since his reputation has been ruined following the Euros.

davew

I really cannot understand most of the latest threads, I could easily play Victor Meldrew without any acting lessons but at the moment I am in total dismay at what is being posted on the forum these last few days. Maybe I will wake up soon and realise that we don't really have 8 points after 4 games, it was all a dream!!! Even our great transformation is not being appreciated by a lot of fans, well maybe a lot of forum members anyway, so what do they really want?? Agreed there is a lot or seemingly not a lot going on that we are unhappy with, but come on guys, we have had an unexpected great start to the season!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

AlexW132

Quote from: davew on August 22, 2016, 10:23:59 PM
I really cannot understand most of the latest threads, I could easily play Victor Meldrew without any acting lessons but at the moment I am in total dismay at what is being posted on the forum these last few days. Maybe I will wake up soon and realise that we don't really have 8 points after 4 games, it was all a dream!!! Even our great transformation is not being appreciated by a lot of fans, well maybe a lot of forum members anyway, so what do they really want?? Agreed there is a lot or seemingly not a lot going on that we are unhappy with, but come on guys, we have had an unexpected great start to the season!!!

I'm just suggesting a worst case scenario here, I expect it not to happen

Oakeshott

If SJ walked for the reason that has been speculated, ie that he had some USA stats guy having the final say over signings, neither Roy nor any self-respecting manager would touch the job.

simplyfulham

If Slav did go, it'd prove that we're in such a bloody shambles, that Hodgson would be the perfect appointment to steady the ship, just as he did all those years ago.

(As oppose to coming in and leading us on to the next big thing as the managers after Roy were tasked with)

Lighthouse

Slav is complaining about a system that has brought in the players that under his tuition have given us the best start for some time. His frustration is understandable and we all are waiting to see what happens in the last days of the window. But if he walks, not a manager to hang around anyway, than he couldn't change things last season and so we move on. I hope he stays but his petulant outburst does him no credit. But hopefully the line about talking to pals about quitting if players don't come in will prove either needless as players will come in or a lie anyway and he didn't say them.

As for Roy coming back, he wouldn't want to.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

Roy has gone missing nobody has seen him since
The European games..

nose

Quote from: davew on August 22, 2016, 10:23:59 PM

good start and the manager feels he is being let down and undermined, he said so in other words.....   i think we are correct to feel bad, we can see defeat being wrestled from the jaws of victory!

Ron91

Would love Roy back should the worst happen with Slav.

DevonFFC

I'd like Steve Bruce but hull seem to have done the same as kahn and strangle the life out of the club and leave the manager with no option

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 22, 2016, 11:05:48 PM
Who in their right mind would want to work as a Football Manager under Khan and his associates.
knowing our luck there will be another kit clone out there.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 22, 2016, 11:05:48 PM
Who in their right mind would want to work as a Football Manager under Khan and his associates.

Slavisa Jokanovic apparently.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

toshes mate

Hasn't he said he has retired from football.  Mind, wouldn't be the first to change his mind, and he loved the Club, and so who knows.  But I hope JS is mot leaving anytime soon because frankly I would want the owner out he he does quit.

filham

How can we arrange that the following leave before Jocanovic:-

1. Stats Boy

2. Rigsby

3.The Chairman's Son

4.The Chairman

The Rock

Irrelevant. I'd take Roy back in a heart beat, but it is not realistic to think something like that would happen under Khan's dictatorship.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: The Rock on August 23, 2016, 01:39:07 PM
Irrelevant. I'd take Roy back in a heart beat, but it is not realistic to think something like that would happen under Khan's dictatorship.

No way, the game has passed him by.

Twig

I am afraid that if Joka resigns due to authority issues and an abject failure to make the required signings then I will not care who replaces him because I will no longer support the club until Khan and co have gone.  I stress that this is still IF, there are a few days left in the transfer window and I continue to hope that Khan proves to be more than the "emperor's clothes".

Jims Dentist

Let's hope it does not come to it.
It feels a bit disrespectful posting an opinion, but I would like Kenny Jacket.
He did well at Millwall, took Wolves as far as he could given the lack of investment and the players sold by the previous Wolves Board.
He knows the championship and has a good eye for a player (Afobe).
However, as previous posters stated who, of any quality would want the job.