News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Could this have been Khan & Mackintosh?s master-plan all along?

Started by Andy S, August 27, 2016, 12:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

When a club is relegated they are given parachute payments for three years. All these do is off-set the wages of high earners at a club that are on long contracts.
Within two years you rid the club of all high earners but in the first year you buy a top quality forward who you can sell on at a profit. However during the second year you are hit by a transfer ban for exceeding FFP . However during the third year due to selling your high priced players you have a lot more money to spend without exceeding FFP. The club is a lot fitter and ready to challenge for promotion 

hopper

Not a master plan at all. Looking good this season which is great.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

It would be nice to think that this scenario was planned, somehow I doubt the footie knowledge was there
if not (as QPR did was say F... it.) they would have realized the rewards of spending loads of dosh would be
rewarded by a quick return to the PS.

Or would it !!
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Sgt Fulham

Pretty stupid and risky plan if you ask me. Could easily have been relegated the past 2 years. They seem to be getting it right at last although I don't want to get carried away just yet.

Holders

I don't see how running down the parachute payments gives you a lot more money to spend. I wonder if the master plan also included almost total clear - out two years in succession.

The way I look at it, getting rid of many or most of the PL squad and not properly reinforcing in year 1 was a waste of the parachute payments. We now have to contend with the newly-relegated on a much lower budget.

I can't imagine that Khan amassed his car-boot fortune using that sort of planning.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bill taylors apprentice

Not much of a plan!

I think they have stumbled their way to this point and after the headless chickens sleepwalked into relegation and the resulting shock and shambles the last two seasons the law of averages says they had a chance of getting it right this season.

F(f)CUK

Andy S

Well I have no idea what the plan was or if there ever was one but I am delighted with the clubs acquisitions this year and I'm looking forward to enjoying the season as well. Thanks also to the Board of Management for allowing the money to be spent

Andy S

grandad

With due respect none of us mere mortals have a clue how a modern, multi million professional football club is run. It?s a lot different from running a Sunday League club where players have to buy & wash their own kit.
We may have opinions of what we would like to see but I would prefer to leave it to the people who know best. If anyone thinks they could do a better job they had better stump up ?250 million at least & buy the club.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Baszab

They certainly knew they would break FPP in first 2 years and had assumed Magath would ensure immediate promotion - a plan that was a little naive maybe

filham

It is all looking good at the moment but let's wait a while before handing out undeserved accolades to what, up to now, has looked like incompetent management.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: grandad on August 27, 2016, 09:18:03 AM
With due respect none of us mere mortals have a clue how a modern, multi million professional football club is run. It?s a lot different from running a Sunday League club where players have to buy & wash their own kit.
We may have opinions of what we would like to see but I would prefer to leave it to the people who know best. If anyone thinks they could do a better job they had better stump up ?250 million at least & buy the club.

You may not but I do and I don't think its stretching my belief that others do too !

ffc73

No. When you are relegated from the Premietship it is short term crisis management. 

At the moment it appears that our much maligned management team are coming through this instability. More than can be said of Bolton, Charlton and now Blackburn. Wolves and Wigan are two others that free falled into the third before bouncing back

Arthur

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 27, 2016, 08:21:27 AM
Not much of a plan!

I think they have stumbled their way to this point and after the headless chickens sleepwalked into relegation and the resulting shock and shambles the last two seasons the law of averages says they had a chance of getting it right this season.

Like you, I don't think that the events of the past two years were planned at all.

The notion, however, that the reason the Club is in much better shape going into this season is nothing other than the 'law of averages' says more about your dislike of Khan than represent a realistic appraisal.

Common sense suggests that, in any walk of life, someone who comes new to something and makes mistakes will learn from them. (And all-the-more-so someone who has been successful in other fields.)

Without speaking to our Chairman personally, I cannot exclude the possibility that luck has played some part in this season's turn-around, but the likelihood of it being entirely down to 'chance' is, in my opinion, small.

Instead of this season being a 'one-off' owing to the law of averages, I envisage that future seasons will show that our Chairman's understanding of football matters is improving year-upon-year, and that last year's league position will prove to be the nadir of his time in charge of our Club.

Skatzoffc

To my mind this all appears to be more down to luck than judgement.

:022:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

H4usuallysitting

That must be the worlds worst business plan......they should've also thrown in "we'll expand the riverside stand"..... Because if they expected us to go up this would be coming out of the ground......it usually takes around 5 years to turn a company around, we are getting near that 5th year

grandad

Quote from: Statto on August 27, 2016, 09:33:03 AM
Quote from: grandad on August 27, 2016, 09:18:03 AM

Speak for yourself

I have. Put your money up & prove you can do better.
Where there's a will there's a wife

win-dup

More like ''The Producers'' I think where a pair of crooks try to purposefully put on a show that will flop and lose them loads of money (obscure tax purposes) but instead the show is a huge hit and causes them all kinds of problems. 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: win-dup on August 27, 2016, 10:58:21 PM
More like ''The Producers'' I think where a pair of crooks try to purposefully put on a show that will flop and lose them loads of money (obscure tax purposes) but instead the show is a huge hit and causes them all kinds of problems. 

That sounds more feasible, and I think you getting very warm.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.