watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Shutting Souness up

Started by bog, August 27, 2016, 12:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Will we ever forget the 2-1 away win at Blackburn in 2001 when we shut up Souness who claimed his side had been better than Fulham? Playing with 10 men from the latter of the first half and Sean gets the last gasp winner.  I still have that game on VHS and at the end they play a blinding rock track. I never did get to find out who that track was by.  But what a night made all the more wonderful seeing Souness'sss face at the final whistle.  :clap_hands: :yay: 082.gif 049:gif

092.gif

fulhamben

lee clarks comments at the end were class
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bog

Weren't they just. And a mention for a player that night who never gets a mention but who played excellent was defender Alan Neilson.

092.gif

dannyboi-ffc

one of Fulham's greatest ever games. The Souness comments made it much sweeter, being down to 10 men and coming back to win. Its one of those games where you cant help but get goosebumps when the ball falls to Davis no matter how many times you've seen it.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

epsomraver

Quote from: bog on August 27, 2016, 12:11:22 PM
Will we ever forget the 2-1 away win at Blackburn in 2001 when we shut up Souness who claimed his side had been better than Fulham? Playing with 10 men from the latter of the first half and Sean gets the last gasp winner.  I still have that game on VHS and at the end they play a blinding rock track. I never did get to find out who that track was by.  But what a night made all the more wonderful seeing Souness'sss face at the final whistle.  :clap_hands: :yay: 082.gif 049:gif

092.gif
0001.jpeg

bog

Well fellow Foffers! My balloon of optimism stays inflated!!!! I had almost forgotten how to dance in an embarrassing manner making strange incoherent noises in my living room!!! So reminiscent at Sean's winner in 2001! COYW!!!  :clap_hands: :yay: :wow: 049:gif 

092.gif

bog

It may have helped if I had had me teeth in........ :doh:

092.gif

SG

I was there that night and will never forget Tiganas jig down the touch line when the winner went in

bog

Lucky you SG! I will never forger Tigana's celebration either. He was not the most emotional of folk but he let go that memorable night!  :clap_hands:

092.gif

Burt

I couldn't make it but watched it on the box over a curry and more than one beer at Brother Burts house...  082.gif

WhiteJC

RaySmith

Jim was nearly crying.

A brilliant night.

SG

Watched the video and the goose bumps come back again as that winner goes in

bog

Thanks Whitejc. What memorable and emotional footage. Must be me old age but tears are a welling...what a squad.....what a night. And who are the group that played out the end?!!!! Does anyone know?

092.gif