watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Media Bias

Started by Peabody, August 28, 2016, 09:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I am not one for jumping on the bandwagon of bias against us by the media but last nights efforts by Channel 5 could only have given ammunition to the argument. Firstly, they gave their usual rubbishy about Newcastle, then when they eventually got to our game, it was all slanted towards Blackburn on film, it looked like they dominated us and in the summing up, they never mentioned us. Even my wife, saidid, "what about Fulham?

H4usuallysitting

I blame Kline........for as long as I can remember, our TV coverage has been dreadful

fcfulham55

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 28, 2016, 09:52:22 AM
I blame Kline........for as long as I can remember, our TV coverage has been dreadful

I'm inclined to slap this Kline.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Arthur

A few years ago, Gary Lineker revealed on MotD that the programme receives a number of complaints from supporters of half of PL clubs that their team are almost always shown last.

And herein lies the point: as supporters we focus predominantly on our own club; when it receives more than its share of coverage, we happily accept it; we don't try to work out at whose expense. When we feel we have been overlooked, however, it stands out a mile to us.

Newcastle were bound to feature more heavily last night because theirs was a live match and C5 always show extra footage of these. Last week, if I recall correctly, their match was either the penultimate or (even) the last to be shown, but I bet few reading this will have bothered to remember this. (And why should you? It's not our club.)

On C5, there was a run of six programmes in the second-half of last season (between the Q.P.R. and Bristol City matches) in which we received extra coverage as a featured game four times. And it wasn't as if we were chasing promotion, was it? I can almost guarantee that few on here would have noted the imbalance, and that, of any who did, no one will know which clubs suffered most while we were taking the lion's share of the hour.

Yes, it's different now: we're second in the table. But what if we stay there? Do we expect the programme to spend additional minutes singing our praises every single week? Now and then, we will get our spot in the limelight. I actually think C5 are good at trying to ensure that every Championship club gets reviewed on its programme from time-to-time.

Peabody

That is the first time I heaard someone describe C5 as being good at a particular facet of their coverage of the game

nose

i think like on wednesday the C5 coverage was disgracefule with respect to fulham
we are unexpectedly 2nd, won away from home, had a brilliant win against prem opposition in midweek.... we could have had a few more words of praise.

the highlits on our web site look a bit different and the penalty appeal should surely have been shown.

it seems we are united like nothing else in our feeling toward the media treatment of our club

Skatzoffc

Purely from a Channel 5 coverage point of view, imo the programme looks to have been put together by a bunch of drunken louts in someone's garage. The quality is shocking.
:046:

So I don't bother wasting any of my life watching it.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Andy S

hopper

I think the media bias argument is untrue. It's definitely true that we get patronised by many pundits, I remember Carragher saying something very condescending about us in relation to Kasami not getting goal of the season and our stature - which I thought showed the attitude.

I think Sky and BBC are completely fine with us, but have to agree that Channel 5 seem to be pretty poor towards us but I rarely watch it, it's incredibly dry coverage.

Zendra

The reporter on the BBC just before the results at 5 said Fulhams late winner was no more than ther deserved

filham

Look on the bright side, the media never gave Leicester much of a chance for most of last season, if it goes the same way for us I for one will be more than happy.

Dodgin

Talksport's championship chat around 7.45 gave the mention that we won and that was it, went on about the demise of Blackburn, more about Newcastle.

AnEssexFan

Whilst it would be nice to feature more in the media, I wonder if it's best for the players that we receive little coverage as it helps to keep the pressure off them?
@leightonrw07

Fulham Tup North

I don't think it is the fact that we don't get as much coverage as others. I think it is the fact that when they show our matches they tend to concentrate more on the opposition rather than Fulham. And as others have said they edit the summary in such a way that it makes them look unlucky and us as a one shot one goal side.
I only watch the highlights via FFC anyway. But usually I have watched it live.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

bobby01

I think i have seen as much written about west hams day trip in the Europa league as I did in our whole cup run. We are and always will be little old Fulham with the pretty ground near the Thames to them.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

SG

Happy to fly under the radar at this stage of the season after the past 3 or 4 years. We will get more coverage if/when we continue this form for a few more months