watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So why did Watford replace joka

Started by Andy S, August 29, 2016, 09:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Joka was very successful with Watford,but they let him run down his contract and leave. Luckily they managed to get another decent manager and stayed up last year. Could the reason they let him go be down to him wanting to spend money all the time? Will we be in that same position at the end of the season

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Andy S on August 29, 2016, 09:35:03 AM
Joka was very successful with Watford,but they let him run down his contract and leave. Luckily they managed to get another decent manager and stayed up last year. Could the reason they let him go be down to him wanting to spend money all the time? Will we be in that same position at the end of the season

Watford like changing managers. They got rid of a perfectly good one last season. Nice to see they have had a poor start to the season.

snarks

I believe that when Joka got Watford promoted, he wanted a pay rise consistent with being a premiership manager, Watford disagreed and he left.

grandad

Quote from: Statto on August 29, 2016, 09:48:19 AM
What a very strangely timed post.

All I will say is if we go up this year I fully expect Joka to want a pay rise and lots of money to spend, and if he's not given those things my anger won't be with Joka for asking for them.

If we did go up he would have earned a fat pay rise & he would have over ?100 mil to spend. However by today?s inflated fees that might bring in 3 new players.
Where there's a will there's a wife

alexmur

Quote from: grandad on August 29, 2016, 09:53:46 AM

All I will say is if we go up this year I fully expect Joka to want a pay rise and lots of money to spend, and if he's not given those things my anger won't be with Joka for asking for them.

If we did go up he would have earned a fat pay rise & he would have over ?100 mil to spend. However by today?s inflated fees that might bring in 3 new players.
or one spoilt French player

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Buffalo76

If we go up then pay Joka what he wants. End of.

rusty shackleford

Lets worry about that if we go up. Im still skeptical that we can keep it up over an entire season. Especially with no strikers!

Steven Ageroad

Correct me if I'm wrong, I know you will, but isn't Jokas contract only for 18 months and therefore it runs out at the end of this season?

rusty shackleford

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 29, 2016, 10:18:29 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, I know you will, but isn't Jokas contract only for 18 months and therefore it runs out at the end of this season?

Id love to correct you Steven, but you are right

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 29, 2016, 10:19:38 AM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on August 29, 2016, 10:18:29 AM

Id love to correct you Steven, but you are right

Thank you Rusty, I thought I was but my wife keeps telling me I'm always wrong! but if we have a succesful season under Joka we may well be sweating for him to re sign, therefore Mr Khan will have to dig deep into his pocket and offer him a lengthy contract with good money otherwise other clubs may well come sniffing around.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

If his contract runs out and he gets us promoted, we'd better pay hi what he wants because he will be extremely saught after. Especially if he gets us - considered a championship side team - up.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Everything is difficult before it's easy!

toshes mate

Echo that Statto...

H4usuallysitting

Watford's owners are footballing people....they believe in "updating" the manager on a regular basis....as most people buy cars they "update" there Manager..... If you look at there club over the past 3/4 seasons, each season they have had an improvement in League position

The Rock

Also - it wasn't as if SJ built that team over years that got promoted; he arrived in September after the transfer window had closed and departed at the end of the year I believe. He worked very well with what they had and did a proper job that perhaps warranted staying, but it wasn't to be, and hopefully to our benefit.

NogoodBoyo

One could say that Jokanovic could be a somewhat prickly, difficult employee to manage.  Not many Boards or Owners would tolerate the insubordination he displayed in his post Cardiff vent.
Thank god our owner has a relatively thick skin and recognises (if only in the short term) both the merit and the substance of Jokanovic's complaint.  But, Khan might have a long memory and I'm sure Jokanovic lost a few points in Khan's credit and debit notebook last week.
Nogood "way of the world, itis" Boyo

filham

Look, we just can't have another managerial change for a few seasons , Jocanovic just has to stay for a couple of seasons surely.

The Rock

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on August 29, 2016, 06:22:45 PM
One could say that Jokanovic could be a somewhat prickly, difficult employee to manage.  Not many Boards or Owners would tolerate the insubordination he displayed in his post Cardiff vent.
Thank god our owner has a relatively thick skin and recognises (if only in the short term) both the merit and the substance of Jokanovic's complaint.  But, Khan might have a long memory and I'm sure Jokanovic lost a few points in Khan's credit and debit notebook last week.
Nogood "way of the world, itis" Boyo

Yes, but it is equally as likely our owner/board hasn't been visable/involved as much to notice until something was said anyway.

The best part about the whole thing, and I think it works to SJ's advantage, is because SJ's English is limited, there is no picking eloquent words to soften the blow of the message.

Cheers Nogood "mincing no words" Boyo

Twig

Strange post this one.  Why does the OP assume Joka was always wanting to spend money whilst at Watford?  There has certainly been no evidence of that with us, I think most of us agree that to date he has roughly balanced the books on transfer fees and reduced the wage bill.