https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

RIP Gene Wilder

Started by Barrett487, August 29, 2016, 09:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37215553

Gene Wilder death: Star of Willy Wonka dies aged 83

US actor Gene Wilder, remembered by many for his namesake role in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, has died at the age of 83, his family confirmed.
The comic actor also starred in classic films such as The Producers, Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein.
Mr Wilder frequently collaborated with writer and director Mel Brooks as well as stand-up comedian Richard Pryor.
The two-time Oscar-nominated actor was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma in 1989.
Mr Wilder's nephew confirmed the actor died on Sunday in Stamford, Connecticut, due to complications from Alzheimer's disease.
The star first made waves on Broadway before transitioning to the silver screen for a brief role as a kidnapped undertaker in Bonnie and Clyde (1967).
Obituary: Gene Wilder
Mel Brooks then cast Mr Wilder as Leo Bloom, an anxious accountant in the 1968 comedy, The Producers.
In 1971, he took on the role of one of his most beloved characters, Willy Wonka, in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.
Mr Wilder's other well-known roles included the Waco Kid in the 1974 cult classic Blazing Saddles and Doctor Ross in Woody Allen's 1972 film, Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex* But Were Afraid to Ask.

nose

BestOfBrede

fulhamben

rip Gene. 2016 has been one of the worst years of my life. so many of my icons have sadly passed this year   :012:
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ron

RIP Gene Wilder, genius. ......and something that may never be mentioned again...if you look up a portrait of the landscape gardener Capability Brown, does anyone else see a rather striking resemblance? ...Humour and humus maybe?

Jem

Met him in Guildford many years ago. Nice guy. Very sorry to hear this.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Oh, sad news indeed
The Producers, Blazing Saddles & Young Frankenstein were just brilliant, "laugh out loud", great films & formative work
A true comedy genius
RIP Gene 

fulhamben

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on August 29, 2016, 10:29:52 PM
Oh, sad news indeed
The Producers, Blazing Saddles & Young Frankenstein were just brilliant, "laugh out loud", great films & formative work
A true comedy genius
RIP Gene 
i watched see no evil hear no evil again the other day. i was in tears. him and pryer together is as good as it gets
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Fulham Tup North

Great loss. Humour and timing were his gifts.
RIP .
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Mince n Tatties

Stir Crazy with Richard Prior when the judge sentence them to
60 years or whatever it was.
! You Sure You Got The Right Case! .....Brilliant.
RIP Gene (Jerome Silberman)..

brightster

Really sad, such a nice man and great actor, agree with Fulhamben, See no evil, hear no evil was one of the funniest movies of his, it is so silly but makes you laugh. RIP and thank you for brighting up our lives.

bill taylors apprentice

Having already seen WW, Blazing saddles etc and being amazed by him, I remember seeing the Producers on TV having never heard of it before, I was a kid when it first came out and thought the film and the actors brilliant and crazy at the same time.

Only the other day I re watched Willy Wonker with my 9 year old daughter (she's seen it many times as well) and she was mesmerised by his performance.

She said the new version she had seen was very good but the old version WW was magical ! 

Skatzoffc

We have lost a comic genius
RIP

"No, it's pronounced 'Fronkensteen.'"

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

dannyboi-ffc

Love all his films with Pryor. What a duo! And anyone who's seen Johnny Depp play Willy Wonka will know there's no comparison to Gene who played the character perfectly.

Genius is a fitting way to describe him. RIP
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

One Martin Thomas

Woman in Red..... classic

Dixie

First Prince (my favourite pop star) and now Gene Wilder (my absolute favourite actor) - not a good year so far.
I was watching Stir Crazy again recently, definitely in my top 5 films of all time
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Forever Fulham

I just read the most touching article about Gene Wilder.  The headline said it all:   Gene Wilder Kept His Alzheimer's Secret so Kids Wouldn't Know That Willy Wonka Was Sick.  That's right.  He hid knowledge of his disease because, "he couldn't bear the thought of one less child's smile in the world."  What a thought, and Exhibit One that genius comes specially wrapped.