more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

PIazon

Started by Apprentice to the Maestro, September 01, 2016, 01:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from Wikipedia:

Piazon commented on his playing style: "I'd say my playing style is different from typical Brazilian forwards. When you think about these, you think about dribbles and flashy moves. My football is simpler and more direct. It's more like a midfielder playing up front. I like to pass quickly. I don't hog the ball and I don't tend to run with it.".

TWFL

It'll be interesting to see where he plays. We've already got quite a busy CAM position with Cairney, Jozabed and arguably even Aluko being able to play there, maybe LP can play out wide?

Anyway, time will tell. Nice to have the strength in depth though.

bmasar

Quote from: TWFL on September 01, 2016, 01:24:44 AM
It'll be interesting to see where he plays. We've already got quite a busy CAM position with Cairney, Jozabed and arguably even Aluko being able to play there, maybe LP can play out wide?

I believe he is predominantly a RW.

J

Quote from: bmasar on September 01, 2016, 02:52:18 AM
Quote from: TWFL on September 01, 2016, 01:24:44 AM

I believe he is predominantly a RW.

Left wing actually (though right footed) according to the internet

http://www.transfermarkt.com/lucas-piazon/profil/spieler/176485

bencher

From a quick look at the Reading messageboards, Piazon was played on the wing (when used), and wasn't too highly regarded by their fans - considered too lightweight. He seems to be something of a poor man's Oscar. I can't seem him being a regular starter; I'd expect him to be backup for the spots currently occupied by Kebano/Ayite, Cairney and Aluko - not quite in direct competition with Jozabed, who is more of a central player.

Chutney

Piazon will be used sparingly at best and I imagine was brought in as a squad player.
C O Y W

General

Yeah strikes me as a last minute panic buy. He was at cobham welcoming david luiz yesterday afternoon and was welcoming his brother back.. don't think that was a post expectant of going anywhere himself. Chelsea is just close enough to get a last minute deal done.

WokinghamWhite

When the missus goes for her regular Saturday visit to the mother-in-law in Reading I will nip down to the Madejski if they're at home. Saw about half a dozen matches there last season. Apparently Piazon played 23 times for Reading last season but if he played in the matches I saw then he made no impression on me at all. Maybe he just needs the right team/manager.

filham

If he is not a striker/target man not sure that we really needed him.

H4usuallysitting

I know nothing about him, but if he's a poacher he'll do brilliantly for us....we currently make plenty of chances

toshes mate

SJ's teams look like they will develop into quick passing units, especially in midfield and up front with plenty of movement and possession.  It remains to be seen how Piazon will figure in the squad, but obviously something about him has pleased the stats guy.....

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: toshes mate on September 01, 2016, 09:59:20 AM
SJ's teams look like they will develop into quick passing units, especially in midfield and up front with plenty of movement and possession.  It remains to be seen how Piazon will figure in the squad, but obviously something about him has pleased the stats guy.....

Maybe he's cheap

hopper

Does this suggest to anyone that Ayite's injury may be bad? The silence on that is killing me!

@jolslover

I have watched a lot of Piazon as I live right next to Reading so get down often. When Reading signed him he had a big reputation so many fans expected him to walk the league

He is a very good technical player, his touch and passing skills are very good for this level. But his strength lets him down. He often gets caught on the ball and isnt the hardest worker.

I am still a big fan but thats just how i am aligned, I prefer technical ability over work-rate any day, but some people are different

He can play anywhere in the '3' in a 4231 so is great cover, I think he is a good player to have around and from his latest tweets looks like hes enjoying being here!
STH H3

Bassey the warrior

Thought he was loaned not bought?

cmg

We've all got to do our best to help out our neighbours.
Chelsea have no fewer than 38 players out on loan.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/01/chelsea-38-players-loan-who-where

If they all turned up at Cobham there'd be nowhere for the first teamers to park their Bentleys.

An example of  the insanity of modern football.

MikeCdawg

Did he not score a free-kick against us last season?

I think he is half decent from what i've seen. Good squad player to have but I expect nothing more, unless injuries/suspenisons or even the African Nations cup may force Joka's hand.

Asotosyios

Quote from: mikecdawg-ffc on September 02, 2016, 03:31:24 PM
Did he not score a free-kick against us last season?

I think he is half decent from what i've seen. Good squad player to have but I expect nothing more, unless injuries/suspenisons or even the African Nations cup may force Joka's hand.

Not a free kick, but he did score against us at Craven Cottage last year. His loan is until January 15th, so he may not be with us during the African Nations Cup.

dhowells21

Interesting article that (suprising for the DM).

Doesn't seem to be a huge fan of the Chelsea youth policy