watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Probable team against Birmingham

Started by ..FOF.., September 01, 2016, 03:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopper

Can't imagine Jozabed not being on bench. Our recruitment this summer is so impressive, we are in a situation where several very good players will be out of the squad - which is bound to cause a few problems.

Mad that we signed Jozabed who was considered a considerable coup and that he isn't an automatic starter. Quite an amazing squad.

love4ffc

The good thing going forward is that with the amount of strikers we have now we have options and can consider new formations.  Will be interesting to see if Joka continues with a 4-2-3-1 or starts a different formation. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

..FOF..

Quote from: FFC73 on September 01, 2016, 09:46:18 PM
I would start against Birmingham, injuries permitting, with: -

Button
Kalas - Madl - Sigurdson - Odoi
         McDonnald-Parker
Cairney-Aluko-Kebano
             Martin

Subs - Betts, Ream, Sess, Johansson, LVC, Piazon, Ayite

Missing out, Joronen, Malone, Tunni, Jozabed, Woodrow and Smith

My word.  That was hard.  Those missing out could start on another day. 

LVC, Ayite or Piazon for 2 of Aluko, Kebano or Martin depending on how the game goes.  Ream and Sess for emergencies or injuries in defence.

Parker starts because of the way he has started, is performing and captaining the side.  Johansson for Parker after 60 minutes.

Yes it was for me  :protest card:

Probably a sign that it will be a good "headache" for Joka too.

At least this is within the coach's control, instead of issues like lack of depth.

lomotd

I'm gonna play things a bit more conservative than most here, considering some of our new signings are off on the international break, won't have much time to bed in and are reportedly slightly unfit.

This game has to be seen in conjunction with the game against Burton on Tuesday and we're gonna have to use the whole squad over the course of the season if we want to be successful.

Team vs Birmingham:
                  Button
Odoi     Kalas     Madl      Malone
       Parker      McDonald
Cairney     Aluko      Kebano
                Smith

Team vs Burton
                  Button
Odoi     Kalas     Sigurdsson      Sess
        Johansson     McDonald
Cairney         Aluko             Ayite
                    Martin

Comments:
• I've been impressed with Malone so far and am not to sure about limiting his and Sess' opportunities for the season. I rate Kalas highly as a CB, just don't know about him at RB, feel bad for dropping Madl but want to see Sigurdssson intergrated.
• Parker has been immense so far but shouldn't do 2 games in 4 days, save him against Burton. Feel bad that there's no place for Jozabed in either of these squads, bring him on as an impact sub.
• Don't start Martin from the off, give Smith a chance to say 'don't forget about us Gaffer'. Having said that, bring Martin on at 60'.

All these different squads from different people show our new great strength in depth. Let's see what Joka does.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Snibbo on September 01, 2016, 04:31:41 AM
Quote from: bmasar on September 01, 2016, 04:08:50 AM
I'd like to see our new Viking in at CB
I think he'll be a definite starter, probably in place of the excellent Madl.

Madl won't be dropped. It will be Kalas or Kalas will move to right back.

Deeping_white

Button
Kalas-Madl-Sigurdsson-Odoi
        Cairney-Kmac
     Kebano-Aluko-Ayite
                 Martin

Subs: Betts, Malone, Johansen, Parker, Jozabed, Piazon, Smith