News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Some pretty stupid things being said on here ...

Started by MikeW, September 01, 2016, 05:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

About the Message Board outage - they admit problems and it was I imagine massively overloaded.

Give them a break, it's not a business.

The insulting comments about the Chairman display ignorance and poor judgement .... count to ten before you post in future

.... and once again the willingness of a few to slag everything off when it's apparent efforts are being made in a number of areas to address long term problems.  Chill out guys ... it's a football club.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

love4ffc

The problems with our Forum outage is completely separate from any postings or slagging off our beloved club or the chairman. 

Sadly it all has to do with our current host and their abilities to handle our traffic.  Our currently host is trying to hold us hostage for more bandwidth so we are actively looking for a better solution. 

Hope to have all problems solved ASAP. 

Love4FFC
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

toshes mate

Yes, the outage was frustrating but pretty obviously down to demand exceeding supply and so I stopped.  The outrage with the Owner will continue from those who deem it necessary to criticise him, and who is to say they are wrong?  In point of fact if the outage was due to over demand then perhaps Fulham FC should consider having all their transfer affairs done and dusted well before deadline day in future, just as SJ intimated it should be.  But the strengthening of the squad is to be welcomed and I, for one, would congratulate those concerned for getting it right at the eleventh hour.  Just don't be so darned tardy in future.....

bobbo

i never complained ---- it was annoying but hardly life threatening
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Southcoastffc

Quote from: MikeW on September 01, 2016, 05:26:48 AM
About the Message Board outage - they admit problems and it was I imagine massively overloaded.

Give them a break, it's not a business.

The insulting comments about the Chairman display ignorance and poor judgement .... count to ten before you post in future

.... and once again the willingness of a few to slag everything off when it's apparent efforts are being made in a number of areas to address long term problems.  Chill out guys ... it's a football club.
:plus one:  049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

jarv

I'm with Bobbo.  I tried checking on at 6pm USA time to get the news but went to sportinglife.com which had everything listed by division. Then I put on tv, live as the window is closing but they focus on the premier all the time. No problem.

Friendsoffulham

We are, unfortunately, a failure of our own success, because we've completely outgrown our Hosting provider. We didn't intended for the Forum to go down yesterday, the demand was simply to high, and the server we're on, couldn't handle it, it fell over.

On the outside, we may seem to be a smallish forum, but I don't think many people understand how high the demand is. At some stages, we have up to 2,500 people online, with around 25 - 30,000 page views per day, if not more on Matchdays and things like Transfer Deadline day.

To give you an insight, we sat online for the best part of 8 hours yesterday trying to resolve the issue, with no success.

Bottom line is, we are majorly exceeding our Bandwidth limits, causing these slow speeds and errors at busy times, and the only option now, is to pick FOF up, and move it to its own private server (or something very similar).

Again, this isn't an easy task, and it will require a bit of investigation to make sure its the right solution for FOF.

NogoodBoyo

As I understand it, FOF is a volunteer organisation.  We should applaud the contributions of its founder and helpers not criticise - even in hard times. 
Nogood "keep up the good work, it's appreciated, see" Boyo

F(f)CUK

Just want to add in response that stats like "we have up to 2,500 people online, with around 25 - 30,000 page views per day" demonstrate the service that you provide.  Thank you for all your effort and particularly the "8 hours yesterday trying to resolve the issue, with no success".

My first task each day is to check out the forum and then I check it out at intervals throughout the day - it is lovely to be kept in touch with all aspects Fulham.

Keynsham

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on September 01, 2016, 11:47:44 AM
As I understand it, FOF is a volunteer organisation.  We should applaud the contributions of its founder and helpers not criticise - even in hard times. 

Totally.

ron

Quote from: Keynsham on September 01, 2016, 11:52:05 AM

Totally.

:plus one:

Lighthouse

Not read any criticism of the outage. If FOF can wait five years then I may have found some money to do up a flat, sell it and have some cash spare to help. Until then it is always a privilege to be part of a community of like minded and sometimes not like minded at all individuals. Just happy it is here when it is.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fulham Tup North

Got to agree here.  It is because of people volunteering that we get this service.  if we go to another server this will no doubt cost more money.  Contribute rather than complain is my advice!
Big shout out to those who keep this going, we all love to come on here and have the ability to post our thoughts etc, but this does not happen by magic.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on September 01, 2016, 12:40:42 PM
Got to agree here.  It is because of people volunteering that we get this service.  if we go to another server this will no doubt cost more money.  Contribute rather than complain is my advice!
Big shout out to those who keep this going, we all love to come on here and have the ability to post our thoughts etc, but this does not happen by magic.
COYW
0001.jpeg