more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris Martin

Started by Mince n Tatties, August 31, 2016, 07:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on September 01, 2016, 11:48:18 AM
I didn't want Martin but he's here now so i suppose we have to accept it.

Doesn't strike me as the type of character who'll give 100% when he knows he's off at the end of the season so I doubt we'll see the best of him, but may be pleasantly surprised.

Missing him against Derby will also be significant because those games are likely to be 6-pointers. It could even mean we're missing him for the play-off final. Seems like a cheap, hurried deal to me.

Best likely outcome IMO is Joka can get some good performances out of him between now and January, keep us in the play-off spots, and that persuades Khan to put his hand in his pocket and buy someone else for the second half of the season.

I'll probably change my view as soon as scores  049:gif

I knew you would be chuffed to bits with us getting  Martin, dont
fret you'll love him once he bags a hat-trick against Brum...Coyw

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Fulham1959 on September 01, 2016, 11:40:20 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 01, 2016, 06:49:35 AM
Over 1600 posts about it on DC Forum.
Majority cant believe they let Martin go, even their players.
One guy said typical Derby sell our Striker and make the club
That is going to shock everyone this season even stronger, Im off
to back Fulham for promotion one said.. 049:gif

Nice poem, but it doesn't rhyme !

You've gone over my head there Im afraid 1959.. :023:

cmg

The Medical

Bloke: He's got one on my side.
Lady: And one on this side.
Fulham Stats Man (frenziedly working calculator): That's...er...TWO legs. Wecome to Fulham Mr Martin

Mince n Tatties

Looking at that pick I dont know where people got the
Idea he was fat..Big lad and looks in good nick.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 01, 2016, 12:48:38 PM

Simply the way it's set out.
Short sentences or half-sentences
With a new line for each
Make it look like a poem;

but Oor Wullie rocks !

cmg

I'm intrigued by this loan+option business.

Just thinking out loud, it seems that, apart from preventing him from appearing for us against Derby, this works entirely to our advantage. Like the Madl deal (which, entirely accidentally I'm sure, enabled us to avoid possible FFP issues) it is surely a permanent deal in all but name. The only way this option would not be taken up is if he turns out to be a disastrous failure, in which case Derby would be saddled with a discontented and severely devalued player.

Maybe there's some fancy accountancy dealery going on here. I note that Martin arrived at Derby permanently from Norwich on the back of a loan. 

MJG

Im just throwing this out there, but but maybe it's a loan deal as the paperwork side of things for a loan is easier than a permanent move. He was in Scotland without a Fulham rep around possibly and while faxs etc are all welland good maybe this was best way to get a deal done in the time and facilities available.

Just saying

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: MJG on September 01, 2016, 02:21:20 PM
Im just throwing this out there, but but maybe it's a loan deal as the paperwork side of things for a loan is easier than a permanent move. He was in Scotland without a Fulham rep around possibly and while faxs etc are all welland good maybe this was best way to get a deal done in the time and facilities available.

Another anti Matt smith post? Haha. A clear improvement on what we have. Not pretty like her a but a great addition. Funny how Slav let vydra slip the hook. I think if he really wanted him he would be here. Welcome to the team Chris.

Just saying

Mince n Tatties

Just saying

The Fulham reps met him at a Hotel not far from where the Scots
were based.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Fulham1959 on September 01, 2016, 01:53:27 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 01, 2016, 12:48:38 PM

Simply the way it's set out.
Short sentences or half-sentences
With a new line for each
Make it look like a poem;

but Oor Wullie rocks !

lol
Its because I do this on my phone, just get lazy
and click on new line instead of taking up all the screen.
The best poetry doesn't always rhyme 1959...lol.

croatianwhite

Really pleased with this signing and the boys from sunny suffolk as well !! I'm sure it was only a loan deal as they never had time for the full fulham medical !!

AlexW132

Quote from: Statto on September 01, 2016, 11:48:18 AM
I didn't want Martin but he's here now so i suppose we have to accept it.

Doesn't strike me as the type of character who'll give 100% when he knows he's off at the end of the season so I doubt we'll see the best of him, but may be pleasantly surprised.

Missing him against Derby will also be significant because those games are likely to be 6-pointers. It could even mean we're missing him for the play-off final. Seems like a cheap, hurried deal to me.

Best likely outcome IMO is Joka can get some good performances out of him between now and January, keep us in the play-off spots, and that persuades Khan to put his hand in his pocket and buy someone else for the second half of the season.

I'll probably change my view as soon as scores  049:gif

Judging by what he's been saying on Sky he seems pretty motivated to me. I think he saw the threat that was Vydra come in, and saw that Pearson didn't want him and as a result needed to get out. And to be honest I think the club wanted him permanently, but didn't want to overpay due to it being on deadline day. Derby were probably reluctant to get rid of him permanently, as they couldn't find a replacement in time, and as a result had to be swayed by a loan deal.  It's a win win for both clubs, as was discussed on Cottage Talk last night, as if they need him back then he's still technically their player. Though I suspect the club have the intention to sign him come January.

MJG

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on September 01, 2016, 02:31:47 PM

Another anti Matt smith post? Haha. A clear improvement on what we have. Not pretty like her a but a great addition. Funny how Slav let vydra slip the hook. I think if he really wanted him he would be here. Welcome to the team Chris.

Just saying
Eh?