more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: The new Sheffield Wednesday badge

Started by Wearethewhites, September 02, 2016, 05:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Wolf on September 03, 2016, 08:04:19 PM
I like the current badge, although it took me a good five years. My favourite is its predecessor, but the current is recognisable and uses white, black and red well. I recall Stoke City's badge was redesigned the same season as ours and I think that's a real stinker.

How do you come to the conclusion that Stokes is a stinker? It has their name, their stripes, year established, their nickname... All the essentials, we have 3 letters. I like it but doesn't represent 137 years of history or any detail about our club

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Newry FFC on September 04, 2016, 01:22:38 AM
Quote from: Wolf on September 03, 2016, 08:04:19 PM
I like the current badge, although it took me a good five years. My favourite is its predecessor, but the current is recognisable and uses white, black and red well. I recall Stoke City's badge was redesigned the same season as ours and I think that's a real stinker.

How do you come to the conclusion that Stokes is a stinker? It has their name, their stripes, year established, their nickname... All the essentials, we have 3 letters. I like it but doesn't represent 137 years of history or any detail about our club

Agree, a badge should show something about us our history, whatever
that might be on it, an emblem about the club. 3 letters at an angle.
I would go as far as to say I havent seen a worse one.
My local side non league Newmarket Town have a superior one with horse
On the badge showing what the town is all about.
How anyone can even think ours is good is beyond me, its not
even a badge.

Holders

I like the new badge. Black, white and red is an attractive and striking combination. That said, I didn't see the need to change the old one on the basis that it wasn't" readily recognisable". I think the new one will date in time and we may then go back to a version of the old one. Simple crests don't date where contemporary designs (like marketing logos) do yes, I know "logos" strictly  means word, not symbol, but you know what I mean).

For me, the most hideous football badge (after C*****a's, of course) is Bournemouth's 1960s monstrosity.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

St Eve

Quote from: mrmicawbers on September 03, 2016, 11:19:16 AM
Am i the only one who likes our current badge?.Apparently its the most instantly recognisable badge out there.
I hate it. I wish we could bring the old one back. Far more sophisticated