watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: The new Sheffield Wednesday badge

Started by Wearethewhites, September 02, 2016, 05:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

What the hell is all that about? I know ours is a bit dull, but I've never seen a worse design in a long while. It just looks, well, wrong. If this is supposed to be an upgrade on their old badge, which I though was quite decent, then god knows what their fans think.

New

Old

The Rock

The kid is only 7 I hear, be nice. I thought he did a wonderful job.

Fulham Tup North

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

H4usuallysitting

Turn it upside down, and what do you see.....yep, Marks & Spencer

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on September 02, 2016, 05:49:20 PM
be fair, they're both ten times better than our current badge

Agree.Ours is dreadful.

Their fans dont like their new all blue strip either.
Wednesday are blue n white stripes and black shorts.

filham

I bet they paid a few bob for the design, it's a joke isn't it.

Holders

I like the new design, the old one looks very 1960s.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Asotosyios

They went back this year to the one they used from 1956 to 1973.

bmasar

Quote from: Holders on September 02, 2016, 06:28:19 PM
I like the new design, the old one looks very 1960s.
Me too. It feels homespun, which is what is nice about the feel at smaller clubs like our own. Fulham=family club, Arsenal=corporation.

Wolf

Pretty sure I've a Fulham prog or two from matches at Wednesday with a very similar badge. It's like something stuffed and in a display case at a local natural history museum.

What I do hate is the new Manchester City badge; great example of a 50+ supporter base conservatively reaching for the past.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Andy S

I like their new badge and although I wasn't keen on ours to start with I like it now

WhiteJC

at least their "new" badge has a bit of history

fcfulham55

Sent from my Nokia 3310

mrmicawbers

Am i the only one who likes our current badge?.Apparently its the most instantly recognisable badge out there.

bucksfulham

Quote from: mrmicawbers on September 03, 2016, 11:19:16 AM
Am i the only one who likes our current badge?.Apparently its the most instantly recognisable badge out there.
I'm with you on this

049:gif 049:gif

Fulham Tup North

I like it...... now. It took a while. I thought it looked a bit like a Swastika at first, but I do like it now.
I still have a soft spot for our 'Town Hall' badge though.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

AlexW132

I like it a lot. I know I'm risking being slaughtered here but I don't understand why everyone loves the old badge so much, it's blue for heavens sake. Not only that but the general design makes it look like a prep school's crest, too generic. I can understand the sentiment though, as it was the badge that we won promotion under, but in all honesty I think our current badge is much more recognisable and represents our club more accurately, being black and white.

Shredhead

Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Buffalo76

Quote from: AlexW132 on September 03, 2016, 03:11:28 PM

I like it a lot. I know I'm risking being slaughtered here but I don't understand why everyone loves the old badge so much, it's blue for heavens sake. Not only that but the general design makes it look like a prep school's crest, too generic. I can understand the sentiment though, as it was the badge that we won promotion under, but in all honesty I think our current badge is much more recognisable and represents our club more accurately, being black and white.

:plus one:

Wolf

I like the current badge, although it took me a good five years. My favourite is its predecessor, but the current is recognisable and uses white, black and red well. I recall Stoke City's badge was redesigned the same season as ours and I think that's a real stinker.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots