watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sporting Pleasures

Started by Travers Barney, September 02, 2016, 11:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travers Barney

Beating Birmingham is up there for me......lets hope we have a full house with gusto willing our newly assembled team to victory...coyw
We are the whites

The Rock

I have fond memories of Birmingham during those recent years of staying up. Somewhere between McBride or Nevland we had a day or two there. Cheers to the Yanks and the Vikings.

bog

One of my best ever sporting pleasures was being present at the 3-1 away win at Old Trafford in 2003. Will never forget that day.....or Ferguson's face....

092.gif 

bog

Woolly, I do hope he did not choke on any.... :005:

092.gif

f321ffc

Brum related it's got to be Maine road 1975 Last minute of FA cup replay John Mitchell .
Wembley here we come.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

nose

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 04, 2016, 08:58:38 AM
Quote from: bog on September 04, 2016, 08:43:20 AM
One of my best ever sporting pleasures was being present at the 3-1 away win at Old Trafford in 2003. Will never forget that day.....or Ferguson's face....

092.gif 

Yes old red beaks face was a picture, he must have chewed more gum that day, than a herd of cows chewing cudd.

i was there with wife and kids....
it was an amazing performance and I thought we had turned a real corner and might be going places. coleman had found a winning formula quite by chance..... we played an amazing blend of of disciplined but yet exciting football so I was totally stunned to see that he changed the line up for the next game

nose

Quote from: Travers Barney on September 02, 2016, 11:27:24 PM
Beating Birmingham is up there for me......lets hope we have a full house with gusto willing our newly assembled team to victory...coyw

for me individual matches are always an adrenalin rush like everybody but the pleasure is what happenes within a season or even longer... so macDonald's team was a genuine pleasure...and the change when branfoot went to adams was an equal pleasure.... and when MAF arrived and I switched immediately from 2 to 5 season tickets because I knew we would be in the prem, and also Tigs team was a pleasure.  AND not least the whole 2009/2010 european adventure.

I suppose the away win at portsmouth equalled everything as a one off event!

filham

Quote from: f321ffc on September 04, 2016, 09:18:31 AM
Brum related it's got to be Maine road 1975 Last minute of FA cup replay John Mitchell .
Wembley here we come.
It was pretty good at Sheffield for the first match when that  Mitchel shot hit the back of the net.
Those Brummy fans had been so confident of victory before the game, lets be sure we don't trip over due to over confidence on Saturday.

toshes mate

I have too many fondest moments watching Fulham play.  It is what got me started when I was still in short trousers.  Probably the proudest moment was beating Wolves, the Champions of English football, at Craven Cottage 3-1 after being promoted from the old second division.  They walloped us 9-0 in the return at Molineux the following week, but I was still feeling so good about the side it was but a momentary dip in my pride.  Those were the days.     

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Travers Barney on September 02, 2016, 11:27:24 PM
My Dad took me to Birmingham City at the start of the 1979/80 season.  We lived in Northampton, so it was not too far away. 3 Down at half-time and it was a case of 'How long do we stay'??
Thank God we had Gordon Davies!
He scored the first Hat-trick of the Season and we went on to win 3-4. 
We had a great journey home.  Happy memories :)
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

filham

Quote from: bog on September 04, 2016, 08:43:20 AM

092.gif 

Remember us beating Man. U. at the Cottage when Scholes and Rooney picked up red cards late in the game and then after the match Ferguson mad an excuse based on their dressing room being small. All of that was so satisfying and enjoyable.

MarryatsChild

Quote from: toshes mate on September 04, 2016, 11:36:53 AM
I have too many fondest moments watching Fulham play.  It is what got me started when I was still in short trousers.  Probably the proudest moment was beating Wolves, the Champions of English football, at Craven Cottage 3-1 after being promoted from the old second division.  They walloped us 9-0 in the return at Molineux the following week, but I was still feeling so good about the side it was but a momentary dip in my pride.  Those were the days.   

I remember that game too, didn't Alfie Stokes knock one in? Wasn't it a Wednesday evening, I think I knocked off early from Cubs (16th Fulham Twynholm) and ran all the way to the game, happy days!
Ah those days when I could still run.

Scrumpy

Birmingham look a very decent side this season, especially away from home. They've also had a good record at CC recently so if we win this one then I'll be starting to believe that anything is possible this season.

I remember the first away match under Tigana was at a very intimidating (full) St Andrews. We played some wonderful stuff and the blue-nose roar slowly turned to silence as we tore them apart. Amazing game and I think we all knew we were part of something special. I think it was the 2nd of 11 or 12 consecutive wins. Unbelievable.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.