Started by nose, September 04, 2016, 10:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

we have started brilliantly
seem to have brought in a couple more encouraging faces
my spirits are through the roof

SO WHAT HAPPENS?
there is an international break!!!!!
I can barely contain my enthusiasm for the next match, england (who I love as well) are a very poor second at the moment to fulham... role on next saturday

Slaphead in Qatar

I think break is blessing in disguise. For players not on int duty - then Slav has a bit of time to integrate them into club and team during training. Also as with all new purchases they need a bit of time to get match fit - int week gives them a little extra time to do this

For those on international duty they can get another game under their belt before they join us. More chance of injury also but let's hope that does not happen.

Lighthouse

Not to sound like a broken record but I see no point in theses Internationals. Nowadays I doubt I can name half the England side. Holds less interest then the Chicken chasing games held in Egmonton near Eginborough.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

KP_FFC

They are world cup qualifiers, so they're not pointless games. And as slaphead said they're perfect for slav to integrate the new signings.

nose

i like the world cup, and i understand the blessing in disguise but that does not stop me being impatient for the next game for us.
Just pointing out how different this season is...  Hope it doesn't crash and burn V birmingham (I do not think it will)

toshes mate

Mmm, there was once a time when the World Cup was a meaningful tournament.  Then of course making money became more important than providing sport entertainment.  Didn't have anything to do with FIFA did it?  And please don't get me wrong.  I believe in people being paid realistic money for their efforts, skills and talents.  I believe all football at any level can be seriously entertaining (even kids' knockabouts).  It is just that you cannot let one thing rule over all the others and football has made that big mistake.

filham

These numerous international breaks are a nuisance but in this instance it will serve to give our new striker time to bed in and hopefully we will see him in action for us on Saturday.

Perhaps in future it would be a good idea to ensure that an international break occurs during the summer and winter windows.

Lighthouse

The break helps nothing. Players are away, the ones that aren't have yet to meet the International players. Injury can happen and with the travel time it makes no sense. If you are a fan of International football then great. When it meant something I looked forward to it. But personally those days have gone.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

DevonFFC

I hate these breaks also. Think it should be like rugby union where it's played along side the league and the coach has to make sure they have the depth in the squad to accommodate that. It would allow for more even league aswell as majority if the top 6 would lose most of there players whilst bottom half would be able to field their full strength squad. Giving a little bit more equality

David Allen Crankshaw

Like many on the message board I get really cheesed off by these international breaks. A weekend without a Fulham match to attend is so frustrating. What makes it doubly worse is that there is another one next month.

Texas White

Couldn't care less about the international teams, we never win and they clearly don't care. They are just paid to much money to be really committed to it.

filham

In the old days, the Haynes era, there were no international breaks teams with players on international duty just had to use their reserves.
This was a big worry for us as we just had no real replacement for Haynes, but we managed somehow.

alfie

My pride in my English heritage means i will always support England in whatever, even if i don't like the sport, we don't have world class players anymore, and i am convinced this is completely due to the influx of foreign players, i believe, we as supporters demand the best and unfortunately our clubs will get them from abroad, thus holding back the progress of our young players. This is my opinion and i am sure that some will argue this point, but i will stick with it.

Come on England, whatever the result my support will not waiver.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Vinnieffc

Robbie Keanes comments on his international retirement spoke volumes.  He appreciated club football,  but the pinnacle was pulling on @ he green shirt. He couldn't understand why players would go 'injured ' for international games. Maybe just overpaid spoilt brats as aforementioned.

hovewhite

Great sentiment from Robbie Keane and you could see what representing the rephublc to him,no matter what it doesn't appear to mean much to a lot of the england players.

jarv

I agree with the comment...pointless games. The seeding created to guarantee the usual qualifiers creates great match ups like England v The isle of Man. What a waste of time.

I live abroad, do not get to see Fulham but cant wait for the next GJ commentary.

ffc73

In recent years I have found the September international break very useful as it enables me to take a late summer break in the sun and score brownie points with the wife without missing any FFC games. Cheaper prices too as out of school holidays

However. This year I have dropped a clanger. The international break has moved forward a week and as I did not check the dates before booking the holiday I will be walking in the Spanish Pyrenees when FFC play Birmingham, Burton and Wigan.

Unhappy? Yes but it's my own fault

Hoppus

Stefan Johansen is Norways captain tonight against Germany.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 04, 2016, 10:37:57 AM

I think break is blessing in disguise. For players not on int duty - then Slav has a bit of time to integrate them into club and team during training. Also as with all new purchases they need a bit of time to get match fit - int week gives them a little extra time to do this

For those on international duty they can get another game under their belt before they join us. More chance of injury also but let's hope that does not happen.

:plus one:

Also can recuperate some injured, ie Ayite.
Dreadful garbage watching internationals tho.

Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Forever Fulham

Please, no one get hurt during the break.  These early wins have generated confidence and self-belief all around.  You can't underestimate the power of that.