watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jokanovic seems very happy

Started by FulhamStu, September 01, 2016, 09:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carborundum

He seemed content enough.  If he experiences emotional highs, he hides them well.  He's possibly thinking along the lines of "How on earth am I going to do thirty five more of these interviews between now and the end of the season?".  We have had an eventful few days.  There will be weeks and weeks of humdrum ahead - even in a successful season. 

Fulham1959

Quote from: General on September 02, 2016, 08:04:46 PM
He didn't actually look very happy. And from his twitter we all can see he's capable of a smile relatively easily. Sarah looked very awkward... I wonder why the decision was made to point the camera at her whilst she asks the questions... it's not really necessary is it.

If that's 'awkward', then I like awkward !

Fulham Tup North

I wonder why the decision was made to point the camera at her whilst she asks the questions... it's not really necessary is it.
Am I the only one who noticed that the interview was shot with one camera, she asked the questions 'Off Camera' with the camera focused on him.  Once the interview was over, she then re-recorded herself 'Asking' the questions on screen and they then mixed the two cuts and showed it as if it were recorded using two camera's.  This is a very common technique used by local TV companies to save costs of having two camera's and two cameramen.  It was made obvious by the fact that the SOUND was completely different due to it being recorded in two different locations.
End of lecture :)
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

FulhamStu

That is what Jokanovic looks like when he is happy.  He said it was a great transfer window, what more do you want.   Bet you would not want to be in the changing room when he was pissed off, good reason to win games !

AlexW132

He hides his emotions well, he's that kind of character.

Lighthouse

Quote from: AlexW132 on September 02, 2016, 11:46:21 PM

Well when he through his hissy fit about transfers his emotions were flapping about like Monday's washing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on September 02, 2016, 10:17:05 PM
I wonder why the decision was made to point the camera at her whilst she asks the questions... it's not really necessary is it.
Am I the only one who noticed that the interview was shot with one camera, she asked the questions 'Off Camera' with the camera focused on him.  Once the interview was over, she then re-recorded herself 'Asking' the questions on screen and they then mixed the two cuts and showed it as if it were recorded using two camera's.  This is a very common technique used by local TV companies to save costs of having two camera's and two cameramen.  It was made obvious by the fact that the SOUND was completely different due to it being recorded in two different locations.
COYW
standard one camera interviewing procedure.
The film Broadcast News has a scene that shows how these cutaways are shot.
As for the change in style I thought it was fine. Better than the hostage style videos we usually get.

colinwhite

I love Slavisa . Hes blunt ,abrupt and to the point. He doesnt suffer fools gladly  , and has charisma without trying. One of those who gets automatic respectic from those around him, and has a definite ruthless streak , as well as a very clear idea of what he wants. Player power has no chance under him and anyone not putting the team first will be out. It shows in how the team has been playing.
His choice of Cairney as captain if Parker is out is typical of a serbian mentality ,where the best player is made captain.

RaySmith

I think showing Sarah, who shows animation and enthusiasm and positivity, takes the onus off of Slavisa rather dour  expression and anwers.

Not that I have any problem with that approach myself - I think he's right to  emphasise  the focus on the next game, though he's like most managers in this.

But to look to winning what's directly in front of you is the best  way, I think. Like running a marathon - you concentrate on the next five miles, then the next - thinking about the whole thing can  make you lose focus and makes it mentally seem  a tougher prospect.

You get a good result in every game, then success comes. But Slavisa probably does have targets - set by the club, as Kit did,  and by himself - but maybe best to keep them to himself.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Statto on September 03, 2016, 08:13:21 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 03, 2016, 12:47:45 AM
Quote from: AlexW132 on September 02, 2016, 11:46:21 PM

Well when he through his hissy fit about transfers his emotions were flapping about like Monday's washing.

It's going to be really painful for you if he carries on doing well, isn't it.

What is painful is I let 'through' instead of 'threw' get by. But sorry to disappoint someone who mentions Symons on as many posts as you do. But I actually support the club and am very happy if Joka continues his success. Long may it continue.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

General

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on September 02, 2016, 10:17:05 PM
COYW

sound and lighting. If you tried paying more attention to you can see the vague set up of the room in her eyes. The lighting isn't very professionally done despite the professional equipment for her .. perhaps she did the recording of her herself.

filham

At my age I have difficutly following Jocanovic but Sarah, oh what a lovely lady. we had best ensure she has a good contract as I would think some of the main TV channels will be after her in the next window.