News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone watching this awful England performance??

Started by Fulham Tup North, September 04, 2016, 05:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cottage expat

Quote from: bog on September 04, 2016, 08:39:21 PM
Our new manager said after that Rooney was outstanding and had controlled the match.... :dft011:

092.gif

Big Sam looked as though he was dreaming of his next bacon sandwich.

Baszab

Malta is the only European country that belongs to the British Commonwealth

Barrett487

I didn't watch most of the match because there was entertainment on other channels.

It struck me during the visits to ITV that Roy had basically the same players and that they were relatively entertaining and threatening. It just goes to show how a coaching philosophy works... Let's hope Sam gets it going, cos you can't win if you select searchlights, but tell them to play like pocket torches.

toshes mate

Unimpressed by what I saw of the game, which was probably ten minutes or so.  Same old, same old.  Lots of passing backwards when the forward pass is the easier and better option but involves a little body movement and skill to throw defenders off.  And Rooney was playing so deep at times he was the last defender..... 

Al

It was a fairly dull affair again unfortunately. England seem to be lacking some serious creativity in the middle of the park. For me Henderson and dier cannot be our central midfield pairing. Henderson is ok but he lacks the vision to be successful at international level. Everyone gets on rooney's case but he has to be in the middle looking to dictate the game. When he dropped into the Henderson role we looked like we may unlock their defence. Personally I cannot see why Kane is playing up top either, he looked poor at the euros and again tonight, rarely does he run the channels to create space for others. Vardy has to start. Would also like to see Barkley get a chance behind the striker. Big Sam has a hell of a task ahead of him

HatterDon

I've said this before, but here it comes again [catch it if you can].

In 1966 and in 1970 [where England were the arguably the best team in the world] most of the English squad were the best players on their league sides. Fifty years later, it's rare when the best player on a Premier League side is English.

English players play better on their league sides than they do for when playing for England NOT because they care less, or because the coaching is poor. They play worse for England because when playing for the national team their teammates are less talented.

But, go ahead and attack them for being greedy, lazy, uncaring. It ain't the truth, though.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Chutney

Quote from: HatterDon on September 05, 2016, 02:53:37 AM

In 1966 and in 1970 [where England were the arguably the best team in the world] most of the English squad were the best players on their league sides. Fifty years later, it's rare when the best player on a Premier League side is English.

English players play better on their league sides than they do for when playing for England NOT because they care less, or because the coaching is poor. They play worse for England because when playing for the national team their teammates are less talented.

But, go ahead and attack them for being greedy, lazy, uncaring. It ain't the truth, though.

That doesn't explain why they end up losing to teams like iceland.
C O Y W

alfie

Like i said on another thread, these are the best we have, becase there is no room for our young players to develop, lets just keep on bringing in foreign players, much better value seems to be the answer.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhamben

Quote from: alfie on September 05, 2016, 09:50:02 AM
Like i said on another thread, these are the best we have, becase there is no room for our young players to develop, lets just keep on bringing in foreign players, much better value seems to be the answer.

that 11 that started are certainly not the best we have. Oxlaid should have played instead of rooney for one. Henderson should be playing for Ireland or Scotland, or someone like that. I'd have Ali over lallana and townsend over raheem.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ScalleysDad

England team selection was a well trodden path of discussion on the 18.20 from Waterloo. The team has lacked that creative spark for ages and every time 'we' did a team of the decade or even longer the likes of Gascoigne, Le Tissier and Scholes always turned up. Hoddle often turned up and was quickly taken out by the Tony Adams fan club. The thing with the system today is that the very flair and creativity that gets a player noticed at a young age is sucked out of them in the academy, centre of excellence, star player pathway programmes. We end up with functional robots that are shackled by a system and not a spark in site. I only watched a minute or two but it was enough to see Sterling stuttering down the wing, putting the brakes on, tracking back a bit and passing the ball across and backwards. He had the defender tracking backwards and could have skinned him and been in acres of space. Lack of cOnfidence or failings in the system or perhaps a lack of confidence with the system.
As has been said often the best players put into a team fails to function and perhaps we need to look at form players more. Of course that could get out of hand with a huge squad and massive wages/retainers being wasted but something is lacking. Nobody in the office this morning bothered to watch the game so a round of applause for those that went.

Fulham76

Quote from: HatterDon on September 05, 2016, 02:53:37 AM

I've been saying the same thing. They look better for their league clubs because they are surrounded by world class players. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of world class players in the England squad.

toshes mate

As I mentioned in another thread professional coaches in our game are saying the same thing.   We seem to have lost the point of developing younger talent in club, playing through a reserve team culture to make it into the first team on merit.  The loan system is not an answer either unless it carries a lot more potential for the club who borrows someone and puts their own coaching skills to good use in bringing out talent in the individual concerned.  In house development breeds a club culture for a youngster, makes them want to be the first team and be a crowd pleaser for the club that helped make them who they are.  A loan simply moves those feelings elsewhere.   Capping the transfer and spending budgets of all teams might be an answer but it isn't going to happen in the present culture.

fulhamben

Quote from: toshes mate on September 05, 2016, 11:56:56 AM

As I mentioned in another thread professional coaches in our game are saying the same thing.   We seem to have lost the point of developing younger talent in club, playing through a reserve team culture to make it into the first team on merit.  The loan system is not an answer either unless it carries a lot more potential for the club who borrows someone and puts their own coaching skills to good use in bringing out talent in the individual concerned.  In house development breeds a club culture for a youngster, makes them want to be the first team and be a crowd pleaser for the club that helped make them who they are.  A loan simply moves those feelings elsewhere.   Capping the transfer and spending budgets of all teams might be an answer but it isn't going to happen in the present culture.
they should ban the loaning out of anyone under the age of 21. madness you say, but it would stop the big clubs hoarding the best young talent who never see the light of day. would roberts had left us knowing he might spend the next 3 years in citys academy? i doubt it. plus there wouldnt be the need to go foriegn as youngsters would pick their clubs based on who they could play for as opposed to who the team is.   

westcliff white

England were terrible, sam eplayers, same tactics, same rubbish as far as I am concerned. The manager say who is he to tell Ronney where to play, for christ sake your the manager man, sort it out. We got lucky but as far as I am concerned internation football is becoming moribund in this country.
Every day is a Fulham day

Holders

Quote from: Baszab on September 04, 2016, 09:24:46 PM
Malta is the only European country that belongs to the British Commonwealth

Not Gibraltar then?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Baszab

fulhamben

Quote from: Baszab on September 05, 2016, 01:19:51 PM
Gibraltar is not an independent country
how can you be independent and owned by someone?

gang

Al

Could not agreed more with scaleysdad when he said about flair and confidence is coached out of the young talent. They really are robots coaches to play a certain way and that way only.

Having recently done my level one coaching certificate it seems that the FA are trying to encourage young players ( between 6 - 10 ) to express them selves on the pitch. They was quite a lot of emphasis on encouraging them to deal with situations on a pitch and work together to figure out the best way forward. May be we will see a team in years to come that can think outside of the box a bit. For what it is worth, our academy appears to produce players that can do exactly that

filham

If Haynes had been captain he would of course have controlled things from midfield, the players would have known where the general was and most of them would have felt the sharp edge of his tongue.

We are a talented shambles , Big Sam has a lot of work to do with this bunch.