watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ayité & Kebano

Started by wheelerdeeler, September 04, 2016, 08:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelerdeeler

... will be off to the Africa Cup of Nations in Mid-January. DR Congo and Togo both confirmed qualification today. Kebano scored as well.

For those curious, Nigeria are already out so Aluko won't be going (although I'm not sure if he would be going anyway).

ChesterTheTabby

The real question I pose to myself when I see anything forum thread title with both Aiyte and Kebano involved is whether or not Aiyte (if healthy) will already be dropped for Kebano. Aiyte has proven himself over 4 matches, Kebano came in and played well in one. That being said, Kebano did it with traveling over night the evening before and only one training session with the team. Are they going to be a like or like swap, or will the be our two wing/forwards assisting Martin/Smith. Where does Aluko fit into this system, we surely cannot drop Cairney. Not to mention Jozabed and Johansen now as well. What a time to be a Fulham supporter!!!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

fulhamben

Quote from: maoconnor on September 04, 2016, 09:28:25 PM
The real question I pose to myself when I see anything forum thread title with both Aiyte and Kebano involved is whether or not Aiyte (if healthy) will already be dropped for Kebano. Aiyte has proven himself over 4 matches, Kebano came in and played well in one. That being said, Kebano did it with traveling over night the evening before and only one training session with the team. Are they going to be a like or like swap, or will the be our two wing/forwards assisting Martin/Smith. Where does Aluko fit into this system, we surely cannot drop Cairney. Not to mention Jozabed and Johansen now as well. What a time to be a Fulham supporter!!!
kebano will def be a starter. can see them both playing if im honest. slavisa loves the pace.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AlexW132

Quote from: fulhamben on September 04, 2016, 09:58:04 PM
Quote from: maoconnor on September 04, 2016, 09:28:25 PM
kebano will def be a starter. can see them both playing if im honest. slavisa loves the pace.

He probably plays Fifa  :005:

HatterDon

This is one of the reasons I'm most concerned when we sign African players. I had heard they were going to reschedule the ACON so that it occurs during the summertime. I guess not.

Oh, why have I been wary of African players? Well, Portsmouth, for one, lost several key players to the ACON the season they were relegated. I wonder what happened to them.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

westcliff white

agree HD we lose both pur left sided forwards meaing a re shuffle.

As for who plays I think he will rotate them a little i think from Staurday we have 7 games in 21 days be very surprised if he plays the same players during that time
Every day is a Fulham day

twang

Really bad news as that's two of our three players with pace gone at the same time... However we do have the January window to change that.

HillingdonFFC

Ayite can play on either wing so can see them both starting. Big worry about Acon though

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on September 05, 2016, 10:00:54 AM
No one seemed to care that our slow transfer business meant these players would miss the first 5 games of the season. Why are we now so fussed about them missing a few more after Christmas.
momentum, and the Christmas period onwards is the most congested time.

westcliff white

Firstly I thnk we all were a little frustrated that some positions wer neot filled quicker, however the business done seems ot have been shrewd and well thought out so far,

Secondly as FB says, something I pointed out when we were bieng linked with African players. The Afcon cup is 14thJan till 5th Feb (assuming their teams reach the final) given we have to release the playesr upto 14 days before the tournament (unless agreement is reached with the players federation) they will miss around 6 league games (assuming none a postponed and rescheduled for this period) and 2 cup games (without replays). This also assumes they return immediatley after the 5th and not a week later as has happened with some african players at other clubs in the past.

A lot of assumptions but the could miss a minimum of 8 games in what is a crucial period (thats a 36 day period from 01/01/17) no matter what end of the table your at.

AlexW132

No one seemed to care that our slow transfer business meant these players would miss the first 5 games of the season. Why are we now so fussed about them missing a few more after Christmas.

Because we won most of those games

Jimmy Hill

I would imagine they would be allowed to play in Brighton game at the start of January then join with there countries. If they get to the Final they would miss these plus the fa cup 3rd round.

Sky Bet ChampionshipSat 14 Jan 201715:00Barnsley
Craven Cottage (Home)

Sky Bet ChampionshipSat 21 Jan 201715:00Queens Park RangersQueens Park Rangers
Loftus Road (Away)

Sky Bet ChampionshipSat 28 Jan 201715:00Blackburn RoversBlackburn Rovers
Craven Cottage (Home)

Sky Bet ChampionshipTue 31 Jan 201719:45Burton Albion
Pirelli Stadium (Away)

Sat 4 Feb 201715:00Birmingham City
St Andrew's (Away)

Thats assuming they make the final you could have one or both back for Burton.

westcliff white

Quote from: Jimmy Hill on September 05, 2016, 11:34:20 AM
I would imagine they would be allowed to play in Brighton game at the start of January then join with there countries. If they get to the Final they would miss these plus the fa cup 3rd round.

Craven Cottage (Home)

Loftus Road (Away)

Craven Cottage (Home)

Pirelli Stadium (Away)

St Andrew's (Away)

Thats what I was saying if both countries invoke the 14 day rule the wil lnot e allowed to play after the end of december (the 14 day rule applies to major tournaments or something and not to be confused with the usual 7 days for qualifiers), any reasonable country would allow them to play, but in the past some countries have not allowed this, so worse case is they miss Brighton as well.

Would also miss the 4th round of the FA Cup as thats the 28th Jan (assuming we make that, and if we made the semis of the EFL cup then they would miss both those games too.

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on September 05, 2016, 12:07:39 PM

Craven Cottage (Home)

Loftus Road (Away)

Craven Cottage (Home)

Pirelli Stadium (Away)

St Andrew's (Away)

Thats what I was saying if both countries invoke the 14 day rule the wil lnot e allowed to play after the end of december (the 14 day rule applies to major tournaments or something and not to be confused with the usual 7 days for qualifiers), any reasonable country would allow them to play, but in the past some countries have not allowed this, so worse case is they miss Brighton as well.

Would also miss the 4th round of the FA Cup as thats the 28th Jan (assuming we make that, and if we made the semis of the EFL cup then they would miss both those games too.
you can see why fergie stopped buying them. it leaves us with very little room for injuries and suspensions. and missing the qpr game will be a huge loss for us

Skatzoffc

:plus one:
agreed Statto.

let's face it, we haven't had any pace for the past 2 seasons.
now we have some and we're still moaning.

:005:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on September 05, 2016, 12:22:36 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 05, 2016, 12:07:39 PM

Craven Cottage (Home)

Loftus Road (Away)

Craven Cottage (Home)

Pirelli Stadium (Away)

St Andrew's (Away)

you can see why fergie stopped buying them. it leaves us with very little room for injuries and suspensions. and missing the qpr game will be a huge loss for us
yes the policy for SAF wa snot to go that route.

Skatz not moaning just worried our season (if going well) could be taken off track a little

Jimmy Hill

Semi finals! i like the optimism COYW. I think we have enough cover in those positions for it to be ok.