Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Talksport was mentioning him and our name came up, I didn't
Catch it all.
Thought he'd gone to Mainz in Germany?

H4usuallysitting

You never see him & Chris Martin together....do you

gang

His profile has him as unattached, he's not listed on FSV Mainz 05 player list.

WhiteJC

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 05, 2016, 04:41:45 PM
Catch it all.

they were probably talking about the rumour, they started?, he was going to sign for us on deadline day

Fulham 442

Two words, no thanks!!

filham

So all that Adebayor  talk at the end of the window was pure media generated rumour without an ounce of fact in it. ? ?

westcliff white

i think there was some little fact in there, maybe we enquired as to if he would be interested. However, I think we used it to make other moves happen and if we did then well played FFC
Every day is a Fulham day

toshes mate

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 05, 2016, 04:41:45 PM
Catch it all.

I imagine he is engaged in his own dutch auction on wages and they haven't dropped sufficiently far for anyone to bite yet....

General

He's not (sadly) been the same player since his national team bus was attacked in ambush by gunmen and the vehicle they were in got shot up. My understanding is he loves football and has that story to him which is why people give him the chance but he's become disenchanted with football now and has diversified his career in terms of what he does (believe he does investment stuff of some sort too?)... as life has been shaken up and rightly so taken on a new meaning. I'd love Joka to have a go at him and try and motivate him again, because a motivated adebayor has the ability to be unplayable.. I remember he came to the cottage once and single handedly destroyed us - scored two goals, but his pace, aerial threat and general ability gave us all manner of problems. I wish him well and hope he finds his mojo again soon.

The Cravenette

Ayite was also on that bus. There was an interview with him in the paper the other week.

FulhamStu

He could have been lined up in case we didn't get Martin.  Martin happened very late, listen to his interview on the offal.

filham

Quote from: westcliff white on September 06, 2016, 09:17:25 AM
i think there was some little fact in there, maybe we enquired as to if he would be interested. However, I think we used it to make other moves happen and if we did then well played FFC
We have in the last couple of years been very critical of our management but it is beginning to look as if they played out a very good window, perhaps it is time to give them a pat on the back.