News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Which european league is the MLS most like?

Started by General, September 07, 2016, 11:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 07, 2016, 04:43:43 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 07, 2016, 02:50:39 PM
The Two Bob Rovers One legged over 60s 15 aside Monday Morning League on the Isle of Dogs.

064.gif Woolly you need help

Total rubbish. It's the Isle of Wight

CottagersOnTour

I attended a fair few A-League games when I was living in Sydney and the comments from Americans on the board make it sound very similar to that to be honest.... Bar the touches of quality that the over 35's bring!

I would compare the A-League to top end of L1; very nice build-up play and defensively quite solid, but as soon as that ball gets into the final 3rd everyone seems to rush the play or not pick the right pass, very little creativity or spark in the majority of the teams. Aaron Mooy was a stand out performer last season, head and shoulders above anyone else in the league, and has somehow ended up at Man City!? Mental. Top end Championship quality at the very best (interestingly where he has ended up - on loan at Huddersfield). 

To be fair the A-League doesn't have the salary caps or quite the same pull as the MLS but in terms of quality sounds like they are of a similar standard....

Sydney FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers was still a good watch, for the atmosphere though not the football, 0-0 and 1-0 the two derby games I went to (the second with an 85th minute winner)..... But a sold out 45,000 capacity stadium with beer allowed to be consumed in the stands does tend to make for an entertaining night ;)

They love a banner and a flare over there as well!