watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New players on International Duty

Started by aussierod, September 08, 2016, 03:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussierod

So with us signing a few players late in the window who have then gone onto represent their nations during the international break (I'm namely referring to Martin (Scotland), Johansen (Norway), Sigurdsson (Iceland) and even Kebano (Congo) to a degree, should we largely maintain our previous successful line-up for this weekend and maintain familiarity and formation awareness, team cohesion etc, or should Slav select the best players available?

So for this weekend, who wants the new players to start and who wants gradual integration?

For what it's worth, I largely want gradual integration:
- I would select Martin to start as we're so limited in our striking positions
- In the absence of Ayite and Kebano's debut appearance, I think he has shown enough to start again
- For me, Johansen who has only played one Champions League qualifier for Celtic this season, should be gradually integrated into the side with training and substitution appearances (with Parker starting instead).
- Sigurdsson, our marque signing of sorts, is also in my opinion, on the bench this weekend. This is only temporary and simply until he gets some time on the training pitch and is comfortable with how Slavisa wants his team to perform and he can build up an understanding with Madl which does not happen overnight.

In any case, they are very tough decisions Slavisa is going to have to make, which is a great position for him to be in 049:gif
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

westcliff white

Kebano played in the last game anyway (rushed in as Ayite wasnt 100%?), Sigguedsson wast selected, I assume due to the fact we had a lot of cover so no need to rush him in, the other 2 is a good question but I think Martin of the two has more chance of playing
Every day is a Fulham day

filham

We are a winning team and there is no need to rush new players in, best to let them come in gradually and only when they are full fit..
However I am hoping to see at least 30 minutes from Martin on Saturday.