watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mentally and Tactically beaten today

Started by Wearethewhites, September 10, 2016, 05:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Some players, literally took the international break to seriously, and turned up today with their big fat over confident heads up their back sides.

I can also blame Jokanovic a little bit here, for breaking up a winning side, knowing how awkward this game was going to be.

Brum are a well drilled, well organised Championship side, and were never going to succumb to our tippy-tappy football.

We desperately missed Parker today, Johanson, well, left off where he finishec for Celtic by the looks of it, and if that's what's to be expected of him in coming weeks, I'll personally drive him back.

No real complaints, or overreaction from today's result, just more so disappointment, knowing that we didn't get it right, or approach the game With the right attitude.

Well done Brum and Gary Rowett, got it tactically right again, and done is like a kipper. 

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on September 10, 2016, 05:35:46 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on September 10, 2016, 05:32:53 PM
I can also blame Jokanovic a little bit here, for breaking up a winning side,

should have broken it up even more and started sigurdsson, kebano and martin
martin isnt ready to be a starter. need to take it slowly with him.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Wearethewhites

should probably have broken it up even more and started sigurdsson, kebano and one of the new strikers

Maybe, but starting Johanson in a game like this was absolutely criminal. Came off the back of a poor season at Celtic and thrown straight in. Strolled around like the Championship owed him a living.

The Enclosurite

should probably have broken it up even more and started sigurdsson, kebano and one of the new strikers

Yep, my feelings too.  If you have better players you play them!!
¡COYW!

Wearethewhites

Maybe, but starting Johanson in a game like this was absolutely criminal. Came off the back of a poor season at Celtic and thrown straight in. Strolled around like the Championship owed him a living.

Lighthouse

Very harsh on Johanson. Certainly wasn't as poor as a few others and the sub was a tactical one that didn't come off imo. However the side has to change from game to game considering the stupid amount of fixtures coming up in such a small amount of time. Stupid International break can be blamed for that.

But on saying all that it felt as poor as last seasons performance. But we came away with a narrow defeat. So if we can look at the small positives that is one of them. But Brum are well drilled and played well. We were poor in passing and overall movement. Dare I say we looked a bit confused. As if we hadn't much idea where some of the players should be playing.

Could have been worse. Need a positive reaction on Tuesday.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Nick Bateman

They still needed help from a northern-biased referee!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Nick Bateman on September 10, 2016, 05:56:42 PM
They still needed help from a northern-biased referee!

Hello Nick, did the old Offal post prompt you to return? Seems to have cause a bit of a tizz over at Cringe Corner.

Baszab

Just proves that however good we looked , however new exciting players we sign, however good the new manager is.........once that white shirt comes on were still FFC

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 10, 2016, 06:13:13 PM
Some players, literally took the international break to seriously, and turned up today with their big fat over confident heads up their back sides.

I can also blame Jokanovic a little bit here, for breaking up a winning side, knowing how awkward this game was going to be.

Brum are a well drilled, well organised Championship side, and were never going to succumb to our tippy-tappy football.

We desperately missed Parker today, Johanson, well, left off where he finishec for Celtic by the looks of it, and if that's what's to be expected of him in coming weeks, I'll personally drive him back.

No real complaints, or overreaction from today's result, just more so disappointment, knowing that we didn't get it right, or approach the game With the right attitude.

Well done Brum and Gary Rowett, got it tactically right again, and done is like a kipper. 

Agreed, would like to have seen Parker and Kabano start.
Who you dropping?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

colinwhite

Macdonald dropped out of the Scotland squad and looked as if he was carrying a knock ,slow in possession and outmuscled on several occassions . Cairney was also poor in the first half. The conditions didnt suit us ,but we were still in the game second half right up to the end and with abit of luck could have got something (im not saying we deserved it).
Kalas was our best player IMO and we had 2 penalties given against us that we would never have been given in a million years , so it that sense we were a bit unfortunate,
Not a great performance but last season we would have folded and got stuffed

filham

Yes mentally and tactically beaten as well as physically and pace wise .

We new they would defend  in depth and rely on on quick breaks to hurt us.

Our slow build up game mostly in our own half played right into their hands, Jocanovic did not get it right today and also has to explain why Parker was missing, we needed his experience.

H4usuallysitting

I felt they bullied us from the first minute, every time they gave away a free kick 'another' player either stood on the ball or kicked it away......we tried to play football, but didn't have the aggressive bite....... Cairney, again was very good and unlucky not to score........onwards and upwards

Woodlawn

Kalas was our best by a mile ,Brum didn't have to do much as we kept giving them the ball. Constantly gave the ball away.Smith never stood a chance in the air ,Martin looks like he is carrying a few extra pounds Thanks ffc for bringing us down to earth an reality