https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

the good the bad the ugly

Started by nose, September 14, 2016, 12:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

good: work ethic   organisation    defence
bad: very slow and predictable, seem unable to mix up the tactics
ugly: too many fancy dans with no end product, aluko, kabano and cairney in particular all brilliantly talented but have yet to learn how to make the right descision quickly, they each take to long delivering a pass, kabanao is one of the best players i have seen for years at the club but must get the crosses in. it's ugly because they have the talent to unlock the defences but need to be encouraged to deliver the ball faster, poor old martin made the correct position endlessly in the first half to watch these three have to make an extra turn or an unnecessary final touch... the manager needs to talk to the them all with carrot and stick, they are the key to success and I expect great things if he handels them properly!

love4ffc

A good post and great opinion for those of us who couldn't see the game to read. 

I think Joka has done a great job of stoping the rot in the back.  I'm not sure that Button and the back four are capable of playing with and working the ball out of the back as much as they've been doing.  I assume this is something that Joka wants but not sure the players are capable of.  At least not under pressure. 

I am also, as I think many of you, are starting to get a little worried about our finishing in the final third.  From what little I've seen and from what I've heard and read we take one too many touches when we really should be shooting.  We're just not getting enough shots on target and our score line is showing. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

snarks

Last night was odd, the team worked excellent openings for Sess and Aluko in the first half, which they didn't take (keeper saved) also Martin was inches away from a great Sess cross. Should have been 2 nil at half time. However they did get everyone behind the ball, and that was hard, the best chances were when they attacked and and therefore left themselves open, once they scored they didn't really attack at all, and for all our possession it just looked like being one of those nights.

nose

Quote from: love4ffc on September 14, 2016, 02:03:16 AM
A good post and great opinion for those of us who couldn't see the game to read. 

I think Joka has done a great job of stoping the rot in the back.  I'm not sure that Button and the back four are capable of playing with and working the ball out of the back as much as they've been doing.  I assume this is something that Joka wants but not sure the players are capable of.  At least not under pressure. 

I am also, as I think many of you, are starting to get a little worried about our finishing in the final third.  From what little I've seen and from what I've heard and read we take one too many touches when we really should be shooting.  We're just not getting enough shots on target and our score line is showing. 

Too many touches is absolutely correct and delaying the pass. many times last night players worked themselves into an excellent position but failed to cross or shoot.  it is descision making that is lacking.

Also, [particularly in the first half, martin worked an opening called for the ball to feet only to see it played away from him sideways across the midfield. If you don't give it to the friont men, they can't do their job.

Aluko is not as effective as his talent suggests he should be. That is also a concern.

last night was a disaster waiting to happen with sucker punch written all over it. However, the team ethic is brilliant and they kept going to the end, last season that would have been a role over job and we would have got nothing so at least a point was something but we must be more productive.

Bill2

Personally thinking a number of our players are so one footed they always have to turn back to get it on the good foot. Cairney is one, he is always looking to put it on his left so the defenders know how to play him. If he could hit it with his right earlier it might help. I believe Aluko is in the same mould, goes down the line and then wants to dummy the defender by dragging the ball back, he should get to the bye line and cross it.

I know the trend is to play wide players on the opposite side to their good foot but they must be able to kick it with both feet.

F(f)CUK

We are still better than last season, as this season we have a defence.