watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

12 game target and games coming up

Started by MJG, September 14, 2016, 08:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

The table below shows the pts and positions from last 5 seasons at the 12 game stage.

With 12 pts banked and the following 5 coming up we need to be looking at 9 - 12 pts to be in a really good position.

A-Wigan
H-Bristol City
A-Forest
H-QPR
A-Barnsley

dannyboi-ffc

sounds weird being a Fulham fan but I actually think we will be better away from home with this team.

I'm going 5 points on the road probably beating Wigan. And 4 at home.

That will give us 21 which would be a superb effort considering our limited expectations before the season begun.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

MJG

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 14, 2016, 09:18:49 AM
sounds weird being a Fulham fan but I actually think we will be better away from home with this team.

I'm going 5 points on the road probably beating Wigan. And 4 at home.

That will give us 21 which would be a superb effort considering our limited expectations before the season begun.
I do think we are setup to be better away from home. Teams have to come onto us which allows us to break a bit quicker and with more space than we do at home.

West Ewells all White

Agree MJG, although we should have been out of sight by halftime last night, we seemed to run out of ideas/energy in the second half. We`re much better suited to a counter attacking game, but must sort out a way to beat the parked bus!
Must say was impressed with Kallas`s rampages forwarded suggesting he would be a good option at RB?

colinwhite

The 4231 is a good formation but with the two sitting midfielders not the most attacking . We maybe need a more attacking shape in theses type of home matches , 4141? I dont think we have tthe right forwards to play two up top ,although I dont know anything about our loan signing from our neighbours down the road.

toshes mate

We are now two points off the per game pace and three points at Wigan will narrow that to one point.  I think we must start winning our home games convincingly by both shutting out oppositions and scoring at least a brace per game.  That will make visiting managers less certain they can shut us out.  Once the new boys have settled I feel we will look and feel a different side.

toshes mate

Quote from: colinwhite on September 14, 2016, 10:09:47 AM
The 4231 is a good formation but with the two sitting midfielders not the most attacking . We maybe need a more attacking shape in theses type of home matches , 4141? I dont think we have tthe right forwards to play two up top ,although I dont know anything about our loan signing from our neighbours down the road.

I think you make a very valid point.  Perhaps SJ is working towards a more attacking home formation but needs the midfield and attack to click more often by creating lots of clear chances in games.  When we start to show average conversion of those chances then our performances will lift in the same way.  We are not playing badly, we are just not dominating matches at home in the way we need to.  Possession without goals is never convincing.