Quote from: MJG on September 15, 2016, 09:47:34 AM
Quote from: Chutney on September 15, 2016, 09:38:51 AM
I'd like to see:

Button

Odoi  Madl  Sigurdsson  Sess

McDonald   Parker

LVC        Cairney       Ayite

Martin

subs: Betts, Kalas, Kebano, Jozabed, Woodrow, Malone, Aluko.

Reason for starting LVC is that Cairney drifts in and plays centrally most of the game anyway, LVC's energy and running in behind will allow him to do that without leaving odoi completely on his own out wide. I can also see LVC making runs in behind perfect for a cairney through ball.

I'd bring Woodrow on for McDonald if we are struggling to score and go for 2 up top.

Something like this:

Button

Odoi     Madl      Sig   Sess

LVC    Parker
Cairney                    Ayite

Woodrow Martin

I don't see any need for both Parker and McDonald when we are dominating games the way we are currently. This allows us to freshen things up with Kebano for Ayite or possibly even Jozabed.

The Key is to make the most of Cairney's ability in and around the strikers.
Not sure why you would drop Kalas as hes been really good last couple of games bar one pass.

Wanted to fit Sigurdsson in as it gives us protection on set pieces, would be happy with either Kalas or Madl if I'm honest, they are both solid. Only gave Madl the edge because we actually own him, Kalas is only a fulham player for this season.
Ive said it before but your obsession with not wanting loan players makes no sense. Some of our best players in the past have been loans at times.

Didn't say not want, ever, said I'd be happy with either madl or kalas starting. It is my personal preference to want to play a player that will be here next season. That said, Kalas has done a good job so far and I'd be happy for him to start.
C O Y W

grandad

I would like to see a trial of a 3-5-2/. 5-3-2

Button

Madl        Sig               Kalas

Odoi                                                                   Sess

Parker            Cairney    McDonald

Woodrow       Martin

Where there's a will there's a wife

MJG

No Aluko, Ayite or Fredericks for Saturday due to injuries

J.Perkins

Button

Kalas Madl Sigurdsson Malone

Parker

McDonald Jozabed

Cairney Martin Kebano

Riversider

Can't say I'm at all bothered by Aluko and Ayite being out, the two players with the most attacking intent on Tuesday night were Sessegnon and Kalas, which is a sad inditement on both Aluko and Ayite,
Maybe after the next international break we can have Fredericks and Sessegnon as our attacking wide players, with Malone and Odoi as our full backs.

MJG

opened up a poll now we know the players missing results on friday afternoon

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XiVswig

MJG

Early days but 21 votes in and only 2 players have been picked by every fan so far.
Not sure if thats a good or bad thing.

Chutney

One thing is clear looking at the options, we have a good amount of squad depth this year!
C O Y W

@jolslover

Quote from: Chutney on September 15, 2016, 10:02:53 AM
Quote from: Bronaldinho on September 15, 2016, 09:51:41 AM
Complete punt in the dark, but would like to see Johansen and LVC as a partnership in the middle in one game.

Both are hard working players, and would cover so much distance.

Then again, hard to drop McDonald/Parker with their performances this season

Johansen struggled in scottish football, I severely doubt he's of the standard required. LVC however I completely agree with, showed he's back to his best against middlesbrough in the cup, still running on 120 minutes.

He didnt struggle in Scottish football atall, 14/15 season he won Scottish player of the year and was regarded by many as the best player in the Scottish league for that season. I also think he was decent on his debut and unlucky to be taken off after 30 mins
STH H3

@jolslover

With the new injury news I would have

Button, Odoi Kalas Madl Sessegnon, Mcdonald Parker, Cairney Jozabed Kebano, Martin

Or if we are feeling very attacking I would have Cairney deep alongside Parker. With Piazon coming in for Mcdonald.
STH H3

MJG

Still time to pick the team and I'll post results around lunchtime

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XiVswig

MJG

results

Position Team

Total Votes Team

AlexW132

Quote from: MJG on September 14, 2016, 02:57:40 PM
While I think Parker and MacDonald are more suited to be in the team for away games I cant give McDonald another go after two (for me) dreadful games.
I wouldn't mind LVC/Tunnicliffe or Johansen starting in all honesty.

This post was featured in the i newspaper this morning, on their sport matrix page. Thought I recognized where it was from

dannyboi-ffc

Button
Odoi     Kalas     Madl      Sess

Jozabed   Parker

LVC           Cairney         Kebano

Martin

Subs
Betts
Malone
Sig
McDonald
Johansen