watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Wigan?

Started by @jolslover, September 14, 2016, 02:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

Luckily (Or unluckily) I am going to Wigan on Saturday, Im quite excited as I feel we play better away from home but I was just wondering how people think we should lineup?

I would go Button, Odoi Kalas Madl Sessegnon, Mcdonald Parker, Cairney Aluko Kebano, Martin

With Jozabed and Piazon to come on depending how the game is going. If we were playing at home I would start Jozabed over Aluko, But feel like Alukos pace is useful when playing away
STH H3

MJG

While I think Parker and MacDonald are more suited to be in the team for away games I cant give McDonald another go after two (for me) dreadful games.
I wouldn't mind LVC/Tunnicliffe or Johansen starting in all honesty.

@jolslover

Quote from: MJG on September 14, 2016, 02:57:40 PM
While I think Parker and MacDonald are more suited to be in the team for away games I cant give McDonald another go after two (for me) dreadful games.

Fair enough, Im a fan of LVC but feel starting him would leave us too open. If we are going to play a more attacking player at DM id rather see Jozabed than LVC. Tunnicliffe high energy but not sure his technical ability up to scratch for Slavs possession based style. So Johansen would be my pick of 3 if Mcdonald is dropped. I thought Johansen looked decent against Birmingham and was unlucky to be taken off.
STH H3

hovewhite

Johansen  cairney and parker my midfield 3 along with the remaining 8 from last night.

Alukoslover

My team for Wigan would be:
Button, Kalas, Siggurdson, Madl, Sess, McDonald, Parker, Kebano, Jozabed, Cairney, Martin
Perhaps slightly harsh to drop odoi as been playing out of position but based on recent performances think we will look a better defensive unit with Kalas

westcliff white

Gieb that ALuko didnt have the best of games on Tuesday or Saturday I would probably rest him, I would aslo move Cairney central. I would keep KMAC in the side as well for this one, but expect either he or Parker to make way (a side note for me here is that Parker for me has been very good this season), I reckon Siggurdson will stay in and Madl will come back, so maye Kalas will be rested. Based on these things I think SJ will pick ....

Button

Odoi
SIggurdson
Madl
Sess

Parker
McDOnalad

Piazon
Cairney
Kebano

Martin

My team would be ....

Button

Kalas
SIggurdson
Madl
Odoi

Parker
McDOnalad

Piazon
Cairney
Kebano

Martin
Every day is a Fulham day

@jolslover

Quote from: westcliff white on September 15, 2016, 07:24:29 AM
Gieb that ALuko didnt have the best of games on Tuesday or Saturday I would probably rest him, I would aslo move Cairney central. I would keep KMAC in the side as well for this one, but expect either he or Parker to make way (a side note for me here is that Parker for me has been very good this season), I reckon Siggurdson will stay in and Madl will come back, so maye Kalas will be rested. Based on these things I think SJ will pick ....

Button

Odoi
SIggurdson
Madl
Sess

Parker
McDOnalad

Piazon
Cairney
Kebano

Martin

My team would be ....

Button

Kalas
SIggurdson
Madl
Odoi

Parker
McDOnalad

Piazon
Cairney
Kebano

Martin

Fair enough, I would love to see Piazon play some part but not sure he will start. Think Jozabed is more likely too
STH H3

Hoppus

How did Sigurdson play against Burton?

Carborundum

Quote from: Hoppus on September 15, 2016, 08:02:29 AM
How did Sigurdson play against Burton?

Didn't have huge amounts to do.  Seemed fine, looked comfortable. Of the two centre backs, Kalas was doing the ball-playing stuff, leaving Sigurdsson to do short passes and be the rock.  McDonald chose to play so deep that some of those passes were very short indeed.

There will be sterner tests.  He's built like an ox, so stamina rather than strength may be his limiting factor, but no sign of that as an issue on Tuesday night. 

filham

I missed the game n Tuesday but if Siggurdson played well then he has to play again on Saturday. We reportedly paid £4m for him and he is the international  rock at centre back that we have needed since Hangeland left, our defence for the rest of the season has to be built around him.

Parker must me doubtful, not sure he is up to 2 Championship games in 4 days, but there are plenty of  options in midfield.

Chutney

I'd like to see:

Button

Odoi  Madl  Sigurdsson  Sess

McDonald   Parker

LVC        Cairney       Ayite

Martin

subs: Betts, Kalas, Kebano, Jozabed, Woodrow, Malone, Aluko.

Reason for starting LVC is that Cairney drifts in and plays centrally most of the game anyway, LVC's energy and running in behind will allow him to do that without leaving odoi completely on his own out wide. I can also see LVC making runs in behind perfect for a cairney through ball.

I'd bring Woodrow on for McDonald if we are struggling to score and go for 2 up top.

Something like this:

Button

Odoi     Madl      Sig   Sess

LVC    Parker
Cairney                    Ayite

Woodrow Martin

I don't see any need for both Parker and McDonald when we are dominating games the way we are currently. This allows us to freshen things up with Kebano for Ayite or possibly even Jozabed.

The Key is to make the most of Cairney's ability in and around the strikers.
C O Y W

MJG

Quote from: Chutney on September 15, 2016, 09:38:51 AM
I'd like to see:

Button

McDonald   Parker

Martin

Reason for starting LVC is that Cairney drifts in and plays centrally most of the game anyway, LVC's energy and running in behind will allow him to do that without leaving odoi completely on his own out wide. I can also see LVC making runs in behind perfect for a cairney through ball.

I'd bring Woodrow on for McDonald if we are struggling to score and go for 2 up top.

Something like this:

Button

LVC    Parker

Woodrow Martin

I don't see any need for both Parker and McDonald when we are dominating games the way we are currently. This allows us to freshen things up with Kebano for Ayite or possibly even Jozabed.

Not sure why you would drop Kalas as hes been really good last couple of games bar one pass.

Bronaldinho

Complete punt in the dark, but would like to see Johansen and LVC as a partnership in the middle in one game.

Both are hard working players, and would cover so much distance.

Then again, hard to drop McDonald/Parker with their performances this season
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Chutney

Quote from: MJG on September 15, 2016, 09:47:34 AM
I'd like to see:

Button

McDonald   Parker

Martin

Something like this:

Button

LVC    Parker

Woodrow Martin

Not sure why you would drop Kalas as hes been really good last couple of games bar one pass.

Wanted to fit Sigurdsson in as it gives us protection on set pieces, would be happy with either Kalas or Madl if I'm honest, they are both solid. Only gave Madl the edge because we actually own him, Kalas is only a fulham player for this season.
C O Y W

Chutney

Quote from: Bronaldinho on September 15, 2016, 09:51:41 AM
Complete punt in the dark, but would like to see Johansen and LVC as a partnership in the middle in one game.

Johansen struggled in scottish football, I severely doubt he's of the standard required. LVC however I completely agree with, showed he's back to his best against middlesbrough in the cup, still running on 120 minutes.
C O Y W

MJG

Quote from: Chutney on September 15, 2016, 10:00:25 AM
Quote from: MJG on September 15, 2016, 09:47:34 AM
I'd like to see:

Button

McDonald   Parker

Martin

Something like this:

Button

LVC    Parker

Woodrow Martin

Wanted to fit Sigurdsson in as it gives us protection on set pieces, would be happy with either Kalas or Madl if I'm honest, they are both solid. Only gave Madl the edge because we actually own him, Kalas is only a fulham player for this season.
Ive said it before but your obsession with not wanting loan players makes no sense. Some of our best players in the past have been loans at times.

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Chutney on September 15, 2016, 10:02:53 AM
Quote from: Bronaldinho on September 15, 2016, 09:51:41 AM

Johansen struggled in scottish football, I severely doubt he's of the standard required. LVC however I completely agree with, showed he's back to his best against middlesbrough in the cup, still running on 120 minutes.

Got Player of the Year during his time there, I wouldn't say he struggled.

He'll need time, yes but he's a decent player.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Lighthouse

Button,

Kallas, Madi, Sigurdson,Malone

Tunni, Parker

LVC       Carney   Kabano

Martin.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Skatzoffc

Quote from: MJG on September 14, 2016, 02:57:40 PM

:plus one:

For me these 5 games after the window closing are a learning process.

But, imo, if we want quick ball forward/attacking football, we should never pair Parker and McDonald again.
By all means pair Tunnicliffe with Mcdonald.

We can bring on Parker later in the game to slow it down and solidify once it is won, but please not from the off.
Every time Parker starts I fear Cainey struggles to get in the game and we stagnate badly.

We simply take too long getting the ball forward quickly imo.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

brightster

I would like to see something like this 3-4-2-1! 2 full backs playing further up for overlapping!

Button
            Kalas  Madl  Sigurdsson 
Odie                                           Sess or Malone

McDonald   Parker

Cairney         Ayite or Kabano or LVC

Martin

Just something different, might give us more support going froward.