watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Late goals

Started by millsy, September 14, 2016, 06:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millsy

Like our new Icelandic CB's comments re. Pushing until the end as games are often won and lost late on.

He's right, given we've salvaged a point twice at home in injury time (Cardiff and Burton) and missed out on 2 puts to a late equaliser away to Leeds, after nicking a late winner earlier at Preston.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the days when our control of the ball translates into goals, so late goalmouth action becomes less critical. Dream on!

MaidenheadMick

Think you need to your research before posting. Equaliser v Cardiff was the 86th minute and against Preston we were 2-0 up with 30 minutes left. Blackburn was injury time.

millsy

Fair enough, did no research just typed from, evidently poor, recollection. You're quite right the late winner was v Blackburn and Cardiff was late but not as late as it obviously felt to me.

My point stands though, that our new guy speaks of pressing until the last, as results often resolve very late on and, despite my suspect powers of recollection, the fact remains that 4 of our 7 league matches this season have been materially affected by very late goals. I think .....

Anyway, just wanted to comment on a good interview. Like his attitude.