watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Goal Cam

Started by Lighthouse, September 15, 2016, 12:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Have just watched the goal cam showing our late equaliser. Did Burtons  number three get booked/ It is clear that having helped in getting the ball back, Parker had turned and was about to run back to start the game when their number 3 grabbed him and then others joined in. I know Parker was booked for some reason but how many of their players were booked for assault?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

westcliff white

i htink one of their players got booked, what please dme was our lads were fighting to get the ball as they wanted to get the win, we have not shown that for a while
Every day is a Fulham day

H4usuallysitting

Parker & there number 3 got booked.....it looked like Parker was going to butt him

cmg

Hilarious scenes.
'The Kid' makes the hit.
Don Scotti takes out the bad guy.
Big Mike grabs the goods.
The Don rides shotgun. 'Don't mess with my boys.'
Goodfellas!

Chutney

Parker is such a hero, their number 3 was just trying to act hard after being completely embarrassed physically by 5ft 9 scotty p.
C O Y W

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Chutney on September 15, 2016, 02:07:48 PM
Parker is such a hero, their number 3 was just trying to act hard after being completely embarrassed physically by 5ft 9 scotty p.
A hero?? I disagree. Parker was foolish.  Aged what 35?, he should have learned years and years ago that scrapping over the ball after a goal is scored is just plain daft.  The referee will add time on, it doesn't need a player to scamper back to the circle.   Likewise, arguing with the ref that their keeper should booked is counter-productive and wastes time!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

RaySmith

Parker was  totally caught up in the moment - he just wanted to win the game, and wasn't going to let them push us about with their timewasting and bully boy tactics.
I like his attitude, no way is he coasting on his reputation, playing out his career.

I noticed in one of the pre-season games in Portugal - he was a sub, when  everyone seemed to want to take it easy in the heat, and he was running around, putting the youngsters to shame, trying to make things happen, get a result for Fulham.

I've seen this so many times since he's been with the club. When the chips are down he'll be  there - leading by example, trying to get goals back,  organising and spurring on.

The man is impressive.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 15, 2016, 05:09:17 PM
A hero?? I disagree. Parker was foolish.  Aged what 35?, he should have learned years and years ago that scrapping over the ball after a goal is scored is just plain daft.  The referee will add time on, it doesn't need a player to scamper back to the circle.   Likewise, arguing with the ref that their keeper should booked is counter-productive and wastes time!

It's about momentum. The Burton players would be dejected after conceding so late, Scotty knows if you get the game restarted quickly its gives the opposition less time to recompose themselves. It also has an effect on the crowd as previously mentioned because people see we don't want to just settle for a point when we were so close to getting none.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

leonffc

You've just had 70% possession for 93 minutes and got an equaliser against a team that only came for a draw in the first place. Frustration, adrenaline, emotion and relief has just washed over you and you think that people want to shrug their shoulders and stroll back to the half way line?
If a foreigner did that he'd be called a careless mercenary!!
I've been critical of certain aspects of Scott's game over the years but I'd never doubt his commitment and passion. Fair play to him.

filham

Quote from: leonffc on September 17, 2016, 10:30:07 AM

You've just had 70% possession for 93 minutes and got an equaliser against a team that only came for a draw in the first place. Frustration, adrenaline, emotion and relief has just washed over you and you think that people want to shrug their shoulders and stroll back to the half way line?
If a foreigner did that he'd be called a careless mercenary!!
I've been critical of certain aspects of Scott's game over the years but I'd never doubt his commitment and passion. Fair play to him.

Yes , Parker can make such a difference to this Fulham team, we need his experience and enthusiasm but I doubt at his age if he will be available for every match. He may well now miss the match at Wigan today.

snarks

Smith had the ball and was running back, Parker tried to do likewise and their no 3 grabbed him, Parker just turned round and refused to be intimidated when he was pushed. That was them cheating. Parker knows as a professional you don't back down like that. Nothing but leadership IMHO

NogoodBoyo

OK, I feel as if I'm in a parallel universe here as I haven't seen the goal cam incident, although I certainly heard Gent Jim talk about it on the Full Ninety.
Where did you see this, Lofty so I can participate in the debate?
Nogood "talking to a building on a rock in the sea again could get me certified, see" Boyo

cmg

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on September 17, 2016, 12:41:17 PM
OK, I feel as if I'm in a parallel universe here as I haven't seen the goal cam incident, although I certainly heard Gent Jim talk about it on the Full Ninety.
Nogood "talking to a building on a rock in the sea again could get me certified, see" Boyo

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/september/15/goal-cam-burton

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: cmg on September 17, 2016, 12:49:42 PM
Quote from: NogoodBoyo on September 17, 2016, 12:41:17 PM

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2016/september/15/goal-cam-burton

Great to see Parker's passion and commitment, but he probably deserved the booking as he did spear tackle the bygger.

Nogood "thanking cmg, isit" Boyo

Twig

Sorry I disagree, I applaud Parker's passion and desire to win.