News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Anybody know anything about Humax Freesat boxes?

Started by win-dup, September 16, 2016, 11:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

win-dup

My Sky subscription gone up by almost £60 a year, again, and now
paying a total of around £120 a month for Sky,Sky Sports, HD, phone, broadband and insurance cover to them. It's ok, but just wondered what the Humax box does, what channels can I get through it?

Dodger53

look at freesat website - It has all I want - get one with Freetime.

GloucesterWhite

Have had a Humax for years. Occasionally the picture freezes for a split second but that is cured by downloading a software update. Gave up Sky as couldn't find much to watch apart from sport and that costs an arm and a leg.

Riversider

Quote from: win-dup on September 16, 2016, 11:52:39 AM
My Sky subscription gone up by almost £60 a year, again, and now
paying a total of around £120 a month for Sky,Sky Sports, HD, phone, broadband and insurance cover to them. It's ok, but just wondered what the Humax box does, what channels can I get through it?

Back in May I phoned up Sky and cancelled my Sky subscription, said its nothing to do with price but Virgin are offering me far more for my money and a far quicker broadband speed, they put me through to cancellations and that was it,
About three days later Sky started ringing me 3 or 4 times a day, to cut a long storey short my subscription went down from about £110 a month to £60 a month that's for Sky, broadband and phone, and I get HD, Movies and Sports !

MikeW

You really have got to work the people at Sky quite hard.  We had the full package for 15 years odd without querying it and really were not making the most.  When they started losing stuff - Euro footie, Prem rugby, fewer Prem footie games, my missus got me to write it all down and then the attack dog set in.  Saved £45 a month without a whimper.  Simply tell them what you aren't getting and use the magic BT and Virgin buzz words.  And loyalty. They are pretty desperate believe me.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Ged

Download Mobdro onto a tablet and watch sky BT sports and many more for free

win-dup

Thanks everyone, first time for a few days I've had the opportunity to reply. Think I'll try the cancellation route with Sky first as Virgin are offering me
a deal saving around £600 in the first year. Had heard that Sky were very hard nosed about reducing subscription charges but as I've been on here more than once telling everyone to always query their car, house etc insurance renewal quotes and get a considerable decrease, I'll follow my own advice.   

ffc2004

Quote from: win-dup on September 19, 2016, 09:46:59 AM
Thanks everyone, first time for a few days I've had the opportunity to reply. Think I'll try the cancellation route with Sky first as Virgin are offering me
a deal saving around £600 in the first year. Had heard that Sky were very hard nosed about reducing subscription charges but as I've been on here more than once telling everyone to always query their car, house etc insurance renewal quotes and get a considerable decrease, I'll follow my own advice.   

We recently cancelled Sky (the woman who we dealt with wasn't helpful in any way, or forthcoming with any kind of discount) - 2 days after cancelling another team from Sky called and could have saved us a lot, but apparently they can only do this after cancellation.  Pretty flawed system IMO.

Woodlawn

Try cancelling online not on phone as you will wait forever. We cancelled sky last January as we were away a bit, when we went back in april they offered everything we had before and more ++ at 60% discount.  Yes they are desperate to keep you

Holders

Both Sky and Virgin sound very expensive. I have freesat through a Humax box and it's good. The Humax is better than the cheaper Bush box I have on my secondary telly.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria