watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Give Humphrys a punt

Started by ChesterTheTabby, September 18, 2016, 01:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

The lad looked assured, confident, and strong - pair him with Martin or Smith? Can't be worse than the ineffectiveness of our current strikers. Not saying they are bad, because they aren't, but I do think Humphrys proved himself worthy of at least a chance in the starting 11 or bench this summer.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

fulhamben

Quote from: maoconnor on September 18, 2016, 01:12:35 AM
The lad looked assured, confident, and strong - pair him with Martin or Smith? Can't be worse than the ineffectiveness of our current strikers. Not saying they are bad, because they aren't, but I do think Humphrys proved himself worthy of at least a chance in the starting 11 or bench this summer.
I'd certainly play him in the cup, and yes we can say they are bad at the momement. Our 16 year old left back has as many goals as all three combined in the league in about a quarter of their appearances.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

..FOF..

Humphrys can score and assist as shown during pre season matches.

I wonder why he is not an option when we are having a goal/striker crisis?

Maybe because Sessegnon is a lot better and Joka do not want too many teens upsetting the "balance".

Humphrys just turned 19 a few days ago.

The next match is a Cup match and I hope he will at least be on the bench.

cmg

Stephen Humphrys is obviously a young player of great promise.
So far this season he has started 2 of the u23's 5 matches. He has twice come off the bench. He has scored 2 goals. He was an unused sub yesterday. They are certainly not rushing him.

If there was really a crisis then Humphry's might provide an answer. But there isn't one really and therefore he doesn't have to.

fulhamben

Quote from: cmg on September 18, 2016, 03:46:36 AM
Stephen Humphrys is obviously a young player of great promise.
So far this season he has started 2 of the u23's 5 matches. He has twice come off the bench. He has scored 2 goals. He was an unused sub yesterday. They are certainly not rushing him.

If there was really a crisis then Humphry's might provide an answer. But there isn't one really and therefore he doesn't have to.
define crisis, one win in 6 and zero goals from our strikers in that time. How long do we have to go before it reaches crisis point. 10 games, 20, 30 games without a goal from our strikers?

grandad

The problem does not lie with our strikers but the service provided to them. Give them the tools & they will finish the job.
Where there's a will there's a wife

westcliff white

I do think Humphrys should get a chance but as we play one up front cant see it happening unless an impact from the bench
Every day is a Fulham day

Jamie88

Quote from: westcliff white on September 18, 2016, 09:45:43 AM
I do think Humphrys should get a chance but as we play one up front cant see it happening unless an impact from the bench

Therein lies our other problem, should we change the formation to accommodate a second striker?

westcliff white

Quote from: Jamie88 on September 18, 2016, 09:54:44 AM

Therein lies our other problem, should we change the formation to accommodate a second striker?
and thus weaken the defence. The 2 in front have made us a lot more solid at the back, so we could switch to 2 up top but do we then risk conceding more

Jamie88

Quote from: westcliff white on September 18, 2016, 09:58:53 AM

and thus weaken the defence. The 2 in front have made us a lot more solid at the back, so we could switch to 2 up top but do we then risk conceding more

Another thought, Humphrys has actually played quite a lot as the attacking central player behind the front man in a 4-2-3-1 so we wouldn't necessarily need to drop out a striker

fulhamben

at some point it will be mathematically pointless to just draw games. If we want top 6 then we will need to try to win games. If we want to be mid table without losing many games then two dm's is the answer.

H4usuallysitting

Surely we have to start Woodrow..... He needs game time

@jolslover

humphrys isnt even a starter for our u23s.. Yes he had a decent pre-season but isnt ready to play first team football
STH H3

Jamie88

Quote from: @jolslover on September 18, 2016, 10:59:20 AM
humphrys isnt even a starter for our u23s.. Yes he had a decent pre-season but isnt ready to play first team football

Have you ever seen him play? He is by far better than Adebayo or Walker who are the other strikers for the U23s
At that level it is all about giving game time to the youngsters and trying to develop them, not necessarily put out your strongest XI week in week out so I wouldn't read anything into him not starting every match.

@jolslover

Quote from: Jamie88 on September 18, 2016, 11:07:55 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on September 18, 2016, 10:59:20 AM

Have you ever seen him play? He is by far better than Adebayo or Walker who are the other strikers for the U23s
At that level it is all about giving game time to the youngsters and trying to develop them, not necessarily put out your strongest XI week in week out so I wouldn't read anything into him not starting every match.

Fair enough, I get down to a few u21 games and have seen him play several times. Also saw him at the pre-season game against Brighton. He is not ready for first team football or atleast thats what Jokanovic thinks otherwise he would have been given a run out in one of the cup games so far.
STH H3

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on September 18, 2016, 10:02:42 AM

at some point it will be mathematically pointless to just draw games. If we want top 6 then we will need to try to win games. If we want to be mid table without losing many games then two dm's is the answer.
agree Ben, but I do think our upturn in defence is due to the 2 in front of them as well as improving the back 4

..FOF..

Something in Defence have to give for us to score more.

We can still keep that 4231 formation, and look for a second formation to switch into when Joka thinks we need to push for a goal.

Joke sent in 2 strikers in the 2nd half of Wigan match.

He is looking into it, unfortunately the team needs more practice in changing formation mid-game.

westcliff white

Quote from: ..FOF.. on September 18, 2016, 05:51:53 PM

We can still keep that 4231 formation, and look for a second formation to switch into when Joka thinks we need to push for a goal.

He is looking into it, unfortunately the team needs more practice in changing formation mid-game.

He did yes and we started to give up more possession and be under more pressure at the back.

You say something has to give, but if that is going back to needing 3 goals just to win a game, then I rather we continue as we are and try to get one goal to win a game, never did Arsenal any harm

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on September 18, 2016, 07:11:08 PM
Quote from: ..FOF.. on September 18, 2016, 05:51:53 PM

He did yes and we started to give up more possession and be under more pressure at the back.

You say something has to give, but if that is going back to needing 3 goals just to win a game, then I rather we continue as we are and try to get one goal to win a game, never did Arsenal any harm

taking jozabed off and leaving Parker and Mcdonald on as a two will always leave you being pinned back.

Lighthouse

Creating chances for the strikers we have would be a start before we put in youngsters, The strikers may be part of the problem but they have hardly missed a hatful of chances because the rest of the team hasn't provided them with many.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope