Main Menu

Happy Birthday Sean Davis

Started by f321ffc, September 20, 2016, 08:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

RaySmith

Happy birthday and thanks Sean- Fulham legend.

Williams Tale

The Equalizer

Quote from: Williams Tale on September 20, 2016, 11:52:02 AM
Fulham legend ? Never .

Only player to play for a single club in all 4 divisions and gave his heart and soul for Fulham and he's not a legend? Que?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Twig

Fulham legend ? Never .

Well what on earth does it take then?  Sorry but Sean is just my type of legend.  Loyal, talented, a great representative of the club who always gave 100%.  Legend.

Keynsham

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 20, 2016, 12:11:23 PM
Fulham legend ? Never .

Only player to play for a single club in all 4 divisions and gave his heart and soul for Fulham and he's not a legend? Que?

Didn't Alan Cork and the lad currently at Swansea do this too?

The Equalizer

Quote from: Keynsham on September 20, 2016, 03:59:57 PM
Quote from: The Equalizer on September 20, 2016, 12:11:23 PM
Fulham legend ? Never .

Didn't Alan Cork and the lad currently at Swansea do this too?

Not sure about the Swansea lad, but yeah, it looks like Alan Cork did. I never knew that. Still, it wasn't Premier League so it doesn't count! ;)
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Keynsham

:D

The lad I mean is still at Swansea. Hang on, I'll find him...

Keynsham

Leon Britton! But he did leave and play for Sheffield United so I guess that he might not count.

Anyway, Happy Birthday Sean!

Fulham76

Quote from: Twig on September 20, 2016, 12:54:36 PM
Fulham legend ? Never .

Well what on earth does it take then?  Sorry but Sean is just my type of legend.  Loyal, talented, a great representative of the club who always gave 100%.  Legend.

Agreed. Definitely a Fulham legend as far as I'm concerned.

General

Completely unrelated to Fulham, but whilst googling Sean I came across this, which I found interesting...

http://www.faithandfootball.org.uk/more-player-stories.html?start=12

we seemed to have signed quite a few players from the list... I wonder if that's coincidence? Considering we're founded by a church.

General

p.s. Tim Howard has tourettes sydrome?

filham

The big point about Sean is that no player since has come through our junior system and then become an established and regular 1st team player for any length of time. Sean did this and he was pre academy.

He was a favourite, and gave a lot of us pleasure season after season and had his best years at Fulham.

Yes, he has to be a legend, shame he left us when he did but then a lot of our favourites have done that.

Happy birthday Sean.
Wish we could find another one like you.

res

He is a Fulham legend, played for us in all 4 leagues, left for different pastures but recognised that that was a mistake, and has come back to us in an Ambassador role.

Always gave everything to the cause, never shirked...and was a decent player.

Happy birthday Sean!!

Williams Tale

Ive been supporting fulham since 1956 so no, pat,im not qpr.

Patrick

Quote from: Williams Tale on September 20, 2016, 08:29:20 PM
Ive been supporting fulham since 1956 so no, pat,im not qpr.

Fair Enough....I just wonder if you consider anyone...bar of course JH .... a Fulham Legend???

I have met Sean many times....at various functions etc...and I consider him  not just a Fulham Legend.....but also a real FFC fan...ie like one of us...quite unusual these (mercenary) days..

Williams Tale

Pat , its all about opinions. A certain player can be good for one but not another fan, but the word legend is put about to easily. If i had to name names , apart from johnny h it wpould be gordon davies and jimmy hill.

Williams Tale

Patrick

Of course....and I believe a lot of people are unaware just what Jimmy Hill did for the club.....maybe in time there might be a statue of him...like that of  JH....and the soon to be   unveiled one of George Cohen...