watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I can't believe I paid to watch that

Started by terryr, September 21, 2016, 09:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

At least now we can be sure Woodrow belongs on loan with a division 2 club.

Mince n Tatties

Shouldn't think he'll make bench against them
on Saturday.

Baszab

Some truly shocking performances
Johanson - Scottish PFA player of the year - no wonder Dembele looks good up there
Piazon - poor
Tunicliffe right back ?
Malone looked OK
Cauley - made the goal and won a pen - but still disappointing somehow

@jolslover

Quote from: Baszab on September 21, 2016, 10:25:45 PM
Johanson - Scottish PFA player of the year - no wonder Dembele looks good up there
Piazon - poor
Tunicliffe right back ?
Malone looked OK

Is this a joke?? Johansen ran the game, Was the best game ive seen from any of our holding players this season??
Piazon had a good game aswell.
STH H3

Bill2

Quote from: @jolslover on September 21, 2016, 11:02:08 PM
Piazon - poor
Tunicliffe right back ?
Malone looked OK

Is this a joke?? Johansen ran the game, Was the best game ive seen from any of our holding players this season??
Well it just shows how two people can watch the same game yet have differing views. I have to agree with Bazsab and thought he was rubbish, lost the ball and gave it away through poor passing. Personally don't think we will be seeing him again this season.

@jolslover

Quote from: Bill2 on September 21, 2016, 11:11:10 PM
Piazon - poor
Tunicliffe right back ?
Malone looked OK

Well it just shows how two people can watch the same game yet have differing views. I have to agree with Bazsab and thought he was rubbish, lost the ball and gave it away through poor passing. Personally don't think we will be seeing him again this season.

ahaha what... his passing was brilliant, best ive seen from a Fulham player this season. He ran the game??
STH H3

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on September 21, 2016, 11:07:06 PM
Piazon - poor
Tunicliffe right back ?
Malone looked OK

Yes agreed. Johansen was absolutely class first half. Few misplaced passes in the second half but still arguably the best player on the park today, competing with LVC and Malone for that accolade IMO.
Maybe Bazbab is confusing Johansen with Joronen... Slightly similar names I suppose

Agree, Thought Joronen was poor, LVC was good aswell.
STH H3

millsy

I'm in the pro Johansen camp. Also thought he was best player on show first half. Few shaky moments but looked every inch the successor to Scott. Unfortunately, his influence faded in the second half, as we struggled to recover our composure after conceding the equaliser to their first attempt on goal on the stroke of half-time. Too many around him became more hesitant and seemed to stop moving into space, which gave him an uphill task when gaining possession.

Sad to say, I thought Cauley was v poor tonight and remember this was not their first eleven either. His link up play was loose, his shooting -free kick aside - was erratic and he always looked in the pocket of his marker.

Some of the football first half was very good and lots of chances created. LVC contributed to many good moves but like Dembele Mk1, has no ability to strike at the end of his runs and tonight, at least, rarely produced a cutting end product.

We could and should have been three up by half time, so not all bad but as the game went on we looked more and more like last season's form, sitting deeper and deeper, failing to pick up men and slow to every second ball. Once we missed the penalty, we ran out of belief and Bristl took over. Their master stroke was bringing on their top scorer, who gave a masterclass of front man play, not only with his back to goal but also chasing diagonal and straight through balls and controlling the ball instantly etc.

Some good performances from the youngsters again. Madl was his usual self and Malone played as well as he can. Keeper was jittery all night. Kicked straight into touch often and didn't fill those in front of him with confidence with the ball in his hands or at his feet. Finally, I'm no fan of Tunni. He is very limited but offers some bite in midfield but he is not a full-back!

Another disappointing night at the Cottage.

Max Headroom

Woodrow cost us the game tonight I'm afraid. Johansen was good generally, but I think defensively was missing for their first goal.

Bristol continually closed us down. We didn't close them down at all. It was b team v b team so don't read too much into it. LVC I thought played well. We did good in the first half and should have been out of sight, but they obviously had Iron Bru at half time!

Disappointing but Saturday is more important. It was only Hull in the next round....

@jolslover

STH H3

Carborundum

Too many speculative flicks and passes that gave the ball away.  Our young players were outplayed tonight and struggled.

The best player on the pitch was Tammi Abrahams.  Hope we have a plan for Saturday - he's mustard.

Johansen did far better than his nervous debut.  He's clearly capable and Piazon, LVC did well too.  These are the players we need challenging for the first team.

Tunni's a reasonable full back.  Malone is proving to be a good one.  Kebano is like a coiled spring that somehow manages to stay coiled.

@jolslover

Quote from: Carborundum on September 21, 2016, 11:51:06 PM
Too many speculative flicks and passes that gave the ball away.  Our young players were outplayed tonight and struggled.

The best player on the pitch was Tammi Abrahams.  Hope we have a plan for Saturday - he's mustard.

Johansen did far better than his nervous debut.  He's clearly capable and Piazon, LVC did well too.  These are the players we need challenging for the first team.

Tunni's a reasonable full back.  Malone is proving to be a good one.  Kebano is like a coiled spring that somehow manages to stay coiled.

Agree with everything you said about our players and Abraham, he looks a massive handful, Quick, Strong and got a good finish.
STH H3