watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Last night

Started by Kent Cassandra, September 22, 2016, 04:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent Cassandra

I was one of the few who went to the match last night and came away with the feeling that Bristol city worked, pressed and ran as a team and in spite of our  so called  superior quality players we were playing the game like a practice match.   They really wanted it and we as Slav would put it 'Not so much'.
Today seeing Slavs after match comments and threads on here it seems I got my analysis very wrong.  Is there anyone on here who sees it like me?
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

Carborundum

The major difference is that we played a couple of youngsters in key positions, whilst they played a couple of first teamers.  We had a player (Tunni) in an unusual position and whilst I don't know much about Bristol, I'm not sensing that they did.  We also played a goalkeeper who doesn't make the bench in the league.  So we took it lightly in our selections.  60 minutes for Kalas and Jozebed wouldn't have spoiled them for Saturday surely.  We took it a bit lightly, probably because it worked against 'Boro and guess what?  Lightening didn't strike twice.

Once we kicked off, the players were, to my eyes, trying.  It's just that over the course of 90 minutes the opposition were better.

In other threads I see players being awarded 6 or 7 out of 10 for keeping things simple and making some runs.  Well fine, but if the opposing players are generally doing a bit better we are probably going to lose.  One player, Abraham, was simply miles better than anyone else and changed the game in the final half hour. 

MJG

Quote from: Statto on September 22, 2016, 05:16:25 PM
Respect to Bristol because they looked a half decent, organised team who wanted the result, yes agreed.

But I'm not too focussed on their performance because I do think our superior quality showed, irrespective of how well Bristol tried to resist. I actually think we battered them.

I thought Madl, LVC, Johansen and Malone all looked much better than anyone in a red shirt. Tunnicliffe, Piazon, Adeniran and Edun all at least matched their players as well.

I honestly think had it not been for Woodrow's shocker we would have scored 4 or 5. And I doubt they would have got the two in reply had we just put them to bed by half time.

We was robbed.   
something must be wrong here I'm tending to agree with you

millsy

Me too. Should've been done and dusted in first half hour. They hadn't had a sniff and we didn't recover from the shock equaliser from their first effort.

Peabody

Wasn't last night identical to last seasons home game, we dominated the early stages took an early lead, conceded an equaliser just before half time and then let them dominate the second half and run out deserved winners.

Carborundum

Quote from: Peabody on September 22, 2016, 07:59:26 PM
Wasn't last night identical to last seasons home game, we dominated the early stages took an early lead, conceded an equaliser just before half time and then let them dominate the second half and run out deserved winners.
Put like that, yes very similar.  But at the end of that game last season our first team looked like they wouldn't notch up another win all season.  Last night our reserves and juniors looked to have been shaded out by a budding superstar.

ron

They scored two, notably each one within seconds of the close of the session against our one. No matter how anyone dresses that up, it shows that we were inferior in terms of focus for the full period of play. It isn't a new thing, in fact " conceded in 90 minutes plus......" is fast becoming a suitable epitaph for our hopes of getting back to where we were. 

hovewhite

End of half's both there goals it's so fulhamish!!

FFCAli

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 22, 2016, 10:33:05 PM
Well there will be a profusion of changes for both teams Saturday, it's a whole new ball game, and three massive points, and surely they cannot do another smash and grab, can they ?
They will start Abraham and that could make the difference.  Our defence will have to be at their best the whole time, not just 44 minutes per half.