watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Malone

Started by Horsfield_No9, September 22, 2016, 05:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horsfield_No9

After Kalas our most consistent new signing? I've been really impressed. A huge improvement on Jazz.

First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

AlexW132

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on September 22, 2016, 05:38:38 PM
After Kalas our most consistent new signing? I've been really impressed. A huge improvement on Jazz.

We mugged Cardiff off with that one

hovewhite

Brilliant , luv it when a  plan has come together.like Malone a lot.

Carborundum

A Cardiff supporter I know described him as defensively sound, runs all day but going forwards a bit hit-and-miss.  That seems fair and what we all know is just how much of an upgrade that is over left backs of recent seasons.

Scrumpy

I like Malone a lot. I know Sessignon has a big future ahead of him but I would rather see Malone playing ahead of Ryan at the moment.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

filham

You know what is rather funny, left back has been a real problem position for some years, now suddenly we have Malone and Sessgnon, both looking pretty good.

Horsfield_No9

His crossing is improving game on game, my only problem has been sometimes he's in a position to shoot but either doesn't have the confidence or has been told to always cross so you get these cross come shots that are neither one nor the other. Apart from that I really like his work rate and attitude. Seems a no nonsense football type who likes to play.

cmg

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 22, 2016, 10:29:54 PM
Wasn't Malone an England Youth International ?

Yes, he was.
And here's a thing. All our English first teamers have played for England at junior level....except Matt Smith.
Buttton (highest level u20), Bettinelli (u21), Fredricks (u19), Malone (u19), Parker (u21, is, of course, a full international), Tunnicliffe (u17), Woodrow (u21).
Additionally we have u18s (so far) Edun and Adeniran, and (u17, ditto) Sessegnon.
PLUS, for good measure Scotsman Martin and Nigerian Aluko also played for England at u19 level.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on September 23, 2016, 11:15:04 AM
His crossing is improving game on game, my only problem has been sometimes he's in a position to shoot but either doesn't have the confidence or has been told to always cross so you get these cross come shots that are neither one nor the other. Apart from that I really like his work rate and attitude. Seems a no nonsense football type who likes to play.

I think his problem is that he can't shoot with his right foot. A number of times on Wednesday night he was in a good opportunity to score with his right but had to use his left and so miss hit the ball.

Ruiz11

I'd say McDonald has been as good as Kalas, but I do like Malone, reminds me a bit of Konchesky.

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: Ruiz11 on September 23, 2016, 04:28:28 PM
I'd say McDonald has been as good as Kalas, but I do like Malone, reminds me a bit of Konchesky.

MacDonald had probably been our best player until the last 2 (league) games. Not sure why he went from great to pants.

Ruiz11

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on September 23, 2016, 04:37:38 PM
Quote from: Ruiz11 on September 23, 2016, 04:28:28 PM

MacDonald had probably been our best player until the last 2 (league) games. Not sure why he went from great to pants.

Ah, can't say I saw either live so I guess the jury's still out.