watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

First time at the Cottage for QPR next weekend

Started by cmh12345, September 23, 2016, 08:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmh12345

Headed to my first match at the Cottage next weekend. Any must-do matchday experiences that I should factor in? Seems like a pint or two at The Golden Lion should be on the schedule.

Mince n Tatties

Bring along a bag of Liquorice Allsorts.
I like the pink coconut ones.

Fulham76

Don't forget the juggernaut of world football take over the cottage every year, all 4 corners Will be Rangers  :005: so you'll be surrounded, the cottage swamped with fans of the worlds biggest club, with the worlds best & only 'proper' fans.

Just take a look on their board for a glimpse of the most deluded group of people you're ever likely to see. There is already a thread with 40 odd replies regarding their superb support - think they'd sold about 700,000 tickets at last count

Funky Fulham Dave

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 23, 2016, 09:08:54 PM
as long as your not allergic to sawdust and hay. Also you will have to bring your own spittoon.

:drums:

Yea, the only reason they put down sawdust and hay is to soak up your bullpoo. Oops did I say bullpoo. I'm so sorry. Naughty me.

049:gif

Twig

Approach from Hammersmith and walk down the river or from Putney and through Bishops Park both are fantastic walks to an iconic ground steeped in history.  Visit the club shop, stroll along the frontage of the listed stand, admire the JH statue and buy a copy of TOOFIF.  is
I prefer the Crabtree for a pint as I am allergic to sawdust and just general dust, but some think it a bit too posh. However it does serve a decent pint.

Roberty

If you want to find out about the bus services - message Adel Taarabt
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Jonaldiniho 88

I hope you have a great time. Definitely take a brief stroll and appreciate the brick facade on the Stevenage road and pay tribute to sir Johnny. I always love the walk from Putney Bridge along the river and go out my way to take that route in. Contradictory to some previous posts but that walk is an essential part of my match day. Without tempting fate QPR games have been a rare source of enjoyment these last few years. Welcome to the board and I hope you enjoy you first game at our fine, unique ground.

Jims Dentist

Yes do all of the above if time permits.

If next week is as dire as the recent home games have been, you need to take your enjoyment where you can.