Team in

Started by alexmur, September 24, 2016, 02:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexmur

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

alexmur

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Twig

Another Parker McDonald central pairing with Cairney presumably wasted wide.  How does that deliver goal opportunities?

grandad

Just hoping that Cairney is not on the wing again. A disaster for him & the team if he is. He offers no support for Odoi in attack or defence.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Jonaldiniho 88

That team can win. Hoping Martin starts scoring.

hovewhite

Cairney wasted out wide ,also don't think we need mac and parker in holding positions at the cottage as think it's safety first!!

westcliff white

I like the time line up even more so if Aluko is wide and Cairney is paying the number 10 role
Every day is a Fulham day

davew

If it don't work, SJ can go back to the drawing board and try something else in the next match. There must be 1 combination from our squad that can produce a solid performance with some goals and maybe even a deserved win?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Twig

Parker and McDonald paired at home is too defensive for my liking. Cairney wide a complete waste of talent. 

Madman Maddle

Honestly that's our best lineup if Cairney and Aluko rotate positions quite a bit. Just have to be patient, take our chances and we'll push for promotion.

alexbishop

Disappointing Joka don't see it fit to change things around this week a bit. As mentioned above we don't need two holding so would benefit from someone more mobile as the second DM. Cairney playing wide with an immobile centre forward doesn't seem right to me.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

davew

Quote from: alexbishop on September 24, 2016, 02:39:49 PM
Disappointing Joka don't see it fit to change things around this week a bit. As mentioned above we don't need two holding so would benefit from someone more mobile as the second DM. Cairney playing wide with an immobile centre forward doesn't seem right to me.
Totally agree!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Bracken White

Not very adventurous at Home. Would prefer two proper strikers playing - although hoping Aluko/Kebano may fit the role of '2nd' attacker. All crossed again.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

westcliff white

with the two attacking full backs I think ewe do need the two in front to help protect the back four, of we don't have them we are at the sword of conceding like we did last season
Every day is a Fulham day

Madman Maddle

We just need to have lots of movement upfront around Martin to create chances. Can't be too static. Parker-McDonald are perfectly fine considering Sess-Odoi are as attacking as a fullback duo can be.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

No surprise that Cauley is not even on the bench
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Madman Maddle on September 24, 2016, 02:54:18 PM
We just need to have lots of movement upfront around Martin to create chances. Can't be too static. Parker-McDonald are perfectly fine considering Sess-Odoi are as attacking as a fullback duo can be.

Parker and McDonald also get forward when possible.
It's actually a very attacking team, with the midfield interchanging.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

alexbishop

Quote from: westcliff white on September 24, 2016, 02:52:12 PM
with the two attacking full backs I think ewe do need the two in front to help protect the back four, of we don't have them we are at the sword of conceding like we did last season

I take this point and I think Odoi has been pretty poor defensively so far. Maybe we would be. Enter having a slightly more defensive minded RB so we can give license to the DM to push forward with the ball a bit more. Kalas at RB?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: alexbishop on September 24, 2016, 02:59:27 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on September 24, 2016, 02:52:12 PM

I take this point and I think Odoi has been pretty poor defensively so far. Maybe we would be. Enter having a slightly more defensive minded RB so we can give license to the DM to push forward with the ball a bit more. Kalas at RB?

I actually agree about Odoi.  I would convert Tunnicliffe to RB.  Kebano looked awful at Wigan and may need time to improve / adapt.